05-06-2017 06:51 PM
77 1234
tools
    With earlier versions of the OS, the only way to remove the Google search bar was to install a third-party launcher. I've used Nova Launcher for a long time now, and I still like it.
    03-02-2017 01:40 PM
    I was offered the update a couple days ago, and waited to see if anyone had issues. Now when I check for updates it says I'm already up to date....
    03-02-2017 03:10 PM
    With earlier versions of the OS, the only way to remove the Google search bar was to install a third-party launcher. I've used Nova Launcher for a long time now, and I still like it.
    Thanks for some form of an advice, but this isn't the Google search bar. (I got rid of that a long time ago through very simple means.). ^__^. I'm talking about Android's own "Search App" bar on your phone that shows up at the top of the app drawer. I feel it should be optional rather than it being permanently sit there. I don't have a massive app library.

I did do some research and found out that there is no way to get rid of it, except, possibly through a launcher. Wish we could send a memo to the Android development team to make the app search bar hidden-able at the very least.
    03-02-2017 03:30 PM
    I love you. That is all. 😁
    03-02-2017 06:16 PM
    I don't have a Search App bar at the top of my App drawer.

Edited to add: I do have the vertical three-dot menu item that opens up to reveal a menu of "Play Store / Search / Nova Settings", but it is unobtrusive and to the far right of the folder labels.
    03-03-2017 08:49 AM
    Has anyone else had an issue with Nougat where the messenger app keeps showing unread SMS messages (with a number by the icon), but there are no unread messages? It's driving me crazy because since I updated to Nougat every text I get from a new person just ups the number on the icon. It won't go away unless I delete the entire message thread. I have uninstalled and re-installed the app, turned the phone on and off a few times, but nothing seems to work. Nothing in the settings helps it either. Is there ANY way to fix this?
    03-03-2017 09:59 AM
    Has anyone else had an issue with Nougat where the messenger app keeps showing unread SMS messages (with a number by the icon), but there are no unread messages? It's driving me crazy because since I updated to Nougat every text I get from a new person just ups the number on the icon. It won't go away unless I delete the entire message thread. I have uninstalled and re-installed the app, turned the phone on and off a few times, but nothing seems to work. Nothing in the settings helps it either. Is there ANY way to fix this?
    We all are having that issue.
    03-03-2017 10:43 AM
    So I got Android Messenger, and the tray said one message is new when my girlfriend messaged me. It hasn't gone away and I went through every thread of messages.

A friend then messaged me, and now it says two messages are new. Still hasn't gone away. Rebooted phone.

This glitch never happened until a couple of hours ago.
    Interesting. I started seeing this issue on my Z Play Droid several weeks ago. I'm running Marshmallow.

I've even tried using another SMS app that will make those indicators go away, but the come back and remain as soon as I make it the default app again.

Let me know if you learn of a fix. In the meantime, I uninstalled all the updates and it's working the way it should, although, I'd like to be on the current version.
    03-03-2017 11:20 AM
    As I mentioned, I have this issue now on MM.
    03-03-2017 11:21 AM
    I'm not having that issue. I use Nova Launcher and the Tesla Unread app, and I see no unread messages on my screen after I open the messages and read them.
    Pollster likes this.
    03-03-2017 11:30 AM
    If your Android Messenger in Nougat is showing unread messages, go to the Play Store and see if it needs an update.

I updated just now with an update released 3-3-17, and that 7 unread messages tally is gone.

If it IS up to date, and you still have the issue, please advise. But three of us in a dedicated thread to the issue all had it fixed with the new update.
    03-04-2017 03:14 AM
    We all are having that issue.
    I got an update to Android Messages (Google Messenger) today that fixed this.
    03-04-2017 08:30 AM
    I downloaded the update, but deferred the install the other day. Didn't want to do it at work. Since deferring the update, I never got the pop up asking to install. It shows that the update was deferred but I can't figure out how to install it now. I hit check for updates and it says im up to date, but when I check update history it shows the october update being the last one installed...

Anyone ever run into this and have a solution as to how to get the phone to recognize that its not up to date?
    03-04-2017 10:36 AM
    Is this update specific to Nougat or will it update the Marshmallow version of the app as well?
    03-04-2017 01:54 PM
    I'm downloading it now. Looks like it will work on MM too.

03-04-2017 02:01 PM
    I downloaded the update, but deferred the install the other day. Didn't want to do it at work. Since deferring the update, I never got the pop up asking to install. It shows that the update was deferred but I can't figure out how to install it now. I hit check for updates and it says im up to date, but when I check update history it shows the october update being the last one installed...

Anyone ever run into this and have a solution as to how to get the phone to recognize that its not up to date?

Have this same problem too. Was offered the update a week ago and now still can't get it to offer it again
    03-05-2017 10:52 PM
    I am having the same problem since the update, apps crash, everything is slow and lags. It is making my Turbo two almost unusable.
    Kutschied likes this.
    03-07-2017 08:11 AM
    Have this same problem too. Was offered the update a week ago and now still can't get it to offer it again
    I'm having the same problem, has anyone found a fix yet? Verizon must have pulled it.
    03-07-2017 05:42 PM
    Is there anyone else who can't switch between the front & back camera's while the camera app is open since the upgrade to N?
    03-07-2017 05:53 PM
    Posted on another forum:

FYI, I spoke with Motorola today. The guy told me they pulled the 7.0 update due to bugs. So anyone that has it just was in the batch of phones to receive it first. They did offer to replace my phone, and he said the one coming would be on marshmallow until they fix the update. As for us on 7.0 already, you're SOL. No ETA on a patch, either

Good thing I waited I guess
    03-09-2017 01:19 PM
    Posted on another forum:

FYI, I spoke with Motorola today. The guy told me they pulled the 7.0 update due to bugs. So anyone that has it just was in the batch of phones to receive it first. They did offer to replace my phone, and he said the one coming would be on marshmallow until they fix the update. As for us on 7.0 already, you're SOL. No ETA on a patch, either

Good thing I waited I guess
    Isn't that what soak tests are for?
    03-09-2017 03:18 PM
    Isn't that what soak tests are for?
    Soak tests are final software.
    03-09-2017 07:29 PM
    Soak tests are final software.
    Shouldn't soak tests only be final software if they have no bugs that are uncovered during the actual test? I'm not sure I see the point of a soak test that asks people to report problems if they are just going to release the software anyway.
    03-09-2017 08:46 PM
    Shouldn't soak tests only be final software if they have no bugs that are uncovered during the actual test? I'm not sure I see the point of a soak test that asks people to report problems if they are just going to release the software anyway.

..Has roll out stopped? Can't get it via upgrade assistant?

That's how soak tests have historically been. "You're testing final software"

In all honesty, I feel like Motorola soak tests are just there so they can test the roll out process.
    03-09-2017 10:22 PM
    ... and this is why I'm never in a big hurry to update.
    03-10-2017 04:46 AM
77 1234