Nougat 7.0 Moto Display vs Doze

T79phoenix

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I have a pretty technical question regarding doze on Nougat and Moto Display. Finally got Nougat on my Droid Turbo 2 and have been tweaking my Battery Optimization settings with different apps. Knowing that doze on Nougat kicks on as soon as the screen turns off, and then turns off when the screen turns on, I'm wondering if my Moto Display causes doze to turn off every time it shows me the quick view display on the lock screen. All it shows is time, date, and any pending notifications. All it requires for me to do is pick the phone up to view them without hitting any buttons. It will also show up for a second if a notification comes through. So I'm wondering if doze requires a button press, or a physical unlock to come out of doze, or if Moto Display takes it out of doze every time the screen flashes.

anon(916519)

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't use doze - it prematurely burned out my Razr HD's screen.

Very visible yellowed screen area when watching in landscape mode.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't use doze - it prematurely burned out my Razr HD's screen.

Very visible yellowed screen area when watching in landscape mode.

There Razr HD definitely did not get Doze, which is a Lollipop and later service that reduces battery usage when the phone is idle; the Razr HD never got Lollipop. Doze has nothing to do with the display. You must be thinking of something else.

T79phoenix

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Ahhhh - sorry! I looked and the function is called "day dream" on the Razr HD.

I can't find the doze on my DT2.
Doze isn't a visible application or feature. It's "invisibly" built in and only becomes active when the screen turns off in Nougat. In Marshmallow it goes active after sitting totally still on a stable surface for almost an hour. There's no ability to view it anywhere in the phone.