04-22-2018 10:03 PM
64 123
tools
    I just did the battery app optimization, and found that all the apps I've disabled are reupfgrading and reinstalling them selves and are no longer disabled. I'm going through the apps list now to re-disable them. Still haven't has the battery issues Sandman333 has had.
    03-20-2017 04:36 PM
    I am really frustrated with battery life after Nougat- it was crappy enough before the update.

I leave it on a Samsung wireless puck charger on my desk at work - I leave at 5:30 PM with at least 90+ percent, and I am below 50 percent by 8PM...and it isnt usage, mostly in my pocket.

Currently at 81% , 3 hrs off of an overnight charge, with charging in between on the wireless charger. 4 hrs left according to the monitor.
    03-21-2017 10:20 AM
    I'm working on a new theory now. For the last two days, I haven't had a battery problem with my phone. Just an hour or so ago, it started heating up and burning through the battery again. Once again Android System was at the top of the battery use list. I had made absolutely no changes to my phone between the time of normal battery operation and hot phone/massive battery drain. I still can find absolutely no reason why this is happening.

However, this time I turned the Bluetooth radio off a few minutes after the phone started heating up. A few minutes later the phone was cooling off and battery usage seemed to have returned to normal.

Can those of you experiencing this same problem try turning off Bluetooth to see if that makes a difference when this happens to your phone?
    03-22-2017 02:17 AM
    Bluetooth has no effect for me. I have it off during the day at work, since for some reason it interferes with my WiFi connection at work. It still drains ridiculously fast.
    03-24-2017 08:19 AM
    As far as my phone goes, I'm fairly confident at this point that the problem is Bluetooth related. If I keep the Bluetooth radio shut off, the phone doesn't get hot and battery usage appears normal. If I leave the Bluetooth radio on all the time, I will eventually experience the hot phone/massive battery drain problem. When it's doing that, if I shut the Bluetooth radio off, the phone cools down and battery usage returns to normal. The weird thing is that I can have the Bluetooth radio on for days without a problem. Also, every time I experience the problem, Android System is at the top of the battery usage list. These factors make me think that this is a software, rather than hardware issue.
    03-26-2017 03:32 PM
    As far as my phone goes, I'm fairly confident at this point that the problem is Bluetooth related. If I keep the Bluetooth radio shut off, the phone doesn't get hot and battery usage appears normal. If I leave the Bluetooth radio on all the time, I will eventually experience the hot phone/massive battery drain problem. When it's doing that, if I shut the Bluetooth radio off, the phone cools down and battery usage returns to normal. The weird thing is that I can have the Bluetooth radio on for days without a problem. Also, every time I experience the problem, Android System is at the top of the battery usage list. These factors make me think that this is a software, rather than hardware issue.
    My Moto Z Play Droid gets terrible battery life when connected to my BT headset.
    03-27-2017 09:41 AM
    If you've done a factory reset and are running a trial of visual voice mail again, that can be causing massive drain. End the trial (settings icon in upper right hand corner) and see if that helps.
    Talk about a disastrous roll out.
    04-18-2017 06:38 AM
    Sandman333 and others, any further luck? I realized in past week that my Nougat DT2 is also exhibiting this *exact* behavior, randomly very hot even in standby, plus very rapid battery depletion (4 hours). Disabling Bluetooth did not help.

Verizon Visual Voicemail is suspect to me, as a week or so ago, I coincidentally enabled its free trial for the first time (due to my third party YouMail voicemail app crashing frequently). I've just disabled the free trial to check if that solves this heat/battery problem. Unfortunately it looks like this VZW app cannot be uninstalled or disabled.

Has anyone else had luck with disabling Visual Voicemail?
    05-07-2017 03:07 PM
    I made a practice of turning my Bluetooth radio off when I wasn't using it, and that seemed to have cured the problem for a long time. For several weeks now I've left Bluetooth on all the time and have not had the problem return...
    05-07-2017 05:36 PM
    If you've done a factory reset and are running a trial of visual voice mail again, that can be causing massive drain. End the trial (settings icon in upper right hand corner) and see if that helps.
    Talk about a disastrous roll out.
    Thank you cjp39, this did the trick for me! Phone no longer running hot, and battery life is *way* back up. In fact, battery life seems better than ever now, though that could also be related to calibration cycles I've been doing.
    05-09-2017 05:05 PM
    Android OS, Android System, and Voice Mail are eating up all my battery power. Down to 30% from a full charge in the 3 hour drive home from the airport. Phone was not used once. Fix your screw up, Verizon/Motorola!
    The thing that drains batteries the most when a phone is being used no matter what you're using it for is the SCREEN BRIGHTNESS. Keep it as low as you possibly can. I turned my screen brightness all the way down & that IS the only thing that solved my battery issues even after doing soft & hard factory resets, shutting the phone off while charging, letting it completely die & then charging it to 100%, disabling apps, restricting permissions & background data, everything I could do, and even though the system didn't show the screen as the biggest battery killer percentage wise, overall it still is and the brightness was definitely the problem. Having your brightness all the way up or even having the auto-adjust feature on is going to kill your battery. I keep my brightness all the way down as often as possible and when I do turn it up to look at photos or to read, I always turn it right back down as soon as I'm down. Also, SNAPCHAT, THE FACEBOOK APP & FACEBOOK MESSENGER are horrible battery killers & they are constantly running in the background snooping around & invading your privacy WHILE killing your battery. For apps like that, I install it if I want to use it & then clear all date uninstall as soon as I'm done. Always clear your cache on svsey single all on your phone as often as possible or get a cleaner to do it for you (such as CCleaner or Cleanmaster) but don't clear all data unless you want it to log you out & literally clear any & all data from the app, so just clear your cache. Also Beware of the chargers you are using. Some of these turbochargers just say the battery life is much higher than it actually is. It'll put your battery up to 80% and 20 minutes but then if you turn your phone off and restart it I'll see your battery is really only at 20%. Look into restricting background data for applications because a lot of applications are sneaky and they will still do things in the background even if you restrict the permissions to do so. Just be careful of what you install all together. Tweak your settings. And turn that brightness down. The flashlight is also a battery drainer along with the camera being open. Close your apps when they're not being used. Don't install those nice animated live wallpapers either, not worth the space it takes up & ram / battery usage. So many simple little things will save you so much battery, however, the best thing to do is to get a portable battery. I take mine EVERYWHERE & put it on the charger as soon as I get home so it's always ready to go with me when I leave the house. It's a billion times better than a car charger and they're so much smaller & lighter, a must have for anyone who uses their phones entire battery in one day easily or for people who just forget to charge their phones.
    04-17-2018 07:17 AM
    Having a similar problem, previously the phone worked fine. Having trouble with battery, and it's sparatic, it does it one day then doesn't. It comes and goes with me.

Phone does get quite warm .
    Attached Thumbnails Ridiculous battery usage-93886.jpg  
    04-22-2018 09:59 PM
    I have. It takes patience... I was able to do it... I don't exactly remember how... I think I was in safe mode or something. and then forced an uninstall.
    04-22-2018 10:01 PM
    My bt is off , and when I shut it off.it gets hot.. which is odd.
    04-22-2018 10:03 PM
64 123