Ridiculous battery usage

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Since the update to Nougat, this has happened twice: Rapid battery discharge and the phone gets very warm just being in my pocket as I walk around. No use at all from full charge will result in a dead battery in about 5 hours. Ridiculous.

Attachments

• 6044.jpg
    6044.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Continued massive battery drain and warm phone a few minutes later. I just got this phone as a design refresh from Motorola about a month ago. Presumably the battery passed all of Motorola's checks before it was sent to me. Clearly there is a serious problem with Nougat...

Attachments

• 6045.jpg
    6045.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 125

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I see voicemail is at 3%, yet I have not checked my voice mail at all.

Ok, I've seen this reported before from somebody who bypassed signing up for voicemail when setting up their account or phone. I'd suggest going in to My Verizon on a PC browser and verify that you are signed up for basic visual voicemail.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Had a conference call with Verizon and Motorola together and they said that they acknowledge that after nougat there's a problem with battery life and the droid turbo 2. They claim they are working on an update /patch to fix.. No word on when...... Ugh....

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
After a few days of normal battery consumption, I just picked up my phone from a full charge overnight, 12 minutes of use at very low screen brightness and I once again have a very warm phone and massive battery drain. Motorola and Verizon have a serious problem. It seems completely random.

Attachments

• 6427.jpg
    6427.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 85

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
After a few days of normal battery consumption, I just picked up my phone from a full charge overnight, 12 minutes of use at very low screen brightness and I once again have a very warm phone and massive battery drain. Motorola and Verizon have a serious problem. It seems completely random.
37ede9043749d10890dc2a483495fa4d.jpg
mine almost identical.. Even the non existent alarm notification

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
This is pissing me off. I'm on vacation and my phone is just sitting in the hotel room, getting hot and the battery is draining. I can't go more than 4 hours, even not using the phone, without risking a dead battery unless I keep it plugged in. What's the point of having a large battery if the phone is just going to act like an uncontrolled heater? WTH happened to testing software before it's released?

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
It's getting worse. Now I'll have maybe 2 1/2 hours of battery life? I think maybe I'll start making claims with Motorola for defective battery. Maybe if they replace my phone enough times at their cost, they will fix their defective hardware/software?

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
No one wants to start all over again and do a factory reset?

Not really, unless absolutely forced to. It takes hours to download and set up all my apps just the way I like them. I'm not going to go through all that unless I have no other choice.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
For no discernable reason, my phone cooled off and the mass battery drain has stopped, at least for now. I can find no reason for this to keep happening.