Free up device storage space

brts96

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I am running the Nougat update on my Turbo 2, and am running out of storage space on the device memory.

Looking at the phone when it's hooked up to the PC doesn't show much for stuff to get rid of.

Am I missing something that I can get rid of? I've gotten rid of apps where I can, and the device memory is still pretty close to full (23.5/24 GB, roughly). Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brts96

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Apart from wiping cache partition, there isn't much you can do there, these phones use large amount of memory these days, so external memory for Media if you have sd card is the only thing you can do..

brts96

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, glad I'm not missing a step. I've got a 128 GB micro SD card in the phone, and am trying to make sure everything goes there.

Might have to get rid of some apps, as well. Been trying to keep them down to a minimum where possible.

brts96

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Update: I think I found the main issue. My podcast app was saving everything to the device memory, not the SD card.

Changed the save path, and moved everything to the SD card, gained almost 18 GB back.

I guess sometimes, it's the really simple, basic stuff that we miss.