Blocking calls.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to block unwanted calls on the Moto X Force? I keep getting this same number ring me everyday & it's really starting to annoy me. Been looking on google to find out different ways but none work. How can I block them? Still running 6.0 Marshmallow.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Try this. From the call log add the number to your contacts, go to the Contacts app, select it, edit (pencil icon top right), three dots top right and check 'all calls to voice mail'.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Try this. From the call log add the number to your contacts, go to the Contacts app, select it, edit (pencil icon top right), three dots top right and check 'all calls to voice mail'.

This is what I do. I called the contact "Spammer ZZ" (I added the last name to keep it last alphabetically in my contact list) and every time I get a spam call, I add the number to that contact as a new phone number.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
+1 to the advice from Javier. I have over 30 numbers saved to one Contact named Spammers and all calls go straight to voicemail. None have ever left a voicemail and I never know they call. Every new spam / telemarketer that calls gets added to that Contact. 👍

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

Thank you I've now done this. Hopefully no more calls from them now. They did phone me twice today.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Number successfully blocked but they still managed to phone me with a different number by changing one digit so have done the same with this new number.

wr8th

May 19, 2017
Visit site
Is there an app out there that does not allow a blocked call to get to your voice mail? I'm getting spam and unwanted calls from overseas and don't want them to leave a voice mail as it will cost me for the call. All the ones I've tried "block" the call but then allow caller into my voice mail.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Is there an app out there that does not allow a blocked call to get to your voice mail? I'm getting spam and unwanted calls from overseas and don't want them to leave a voice mail as it will cost me for the call. All the ones I've tried "block" the call but then allow caller into my voice mail.

Are you on Verizon? See this: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...zon.com/support/block-numbers/&token=sX-e1J_h

Otherwise, I'm sure other carriers have a similar option.

wr8th

May 19, 2017
Visit site
I'm Consumer Cellular. They evidently don't have an option like Verizon and told me to use my phone. Well, my phone is just like the apps I found - call is diverted to voice mail. That does not fit my idea of call blocking, but I was brought up with your plain old telephone service where calls could really be blocked. I have a feeling that call "blocking" - using an app on your smart phone - is only capable of essentially routing it to your voice mail.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I'm not sure if the Turbo 2 Dialer app has this option it not. On the Recents tab long press a number. Does a pop-up open with an option to Block?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I have no idea what the app was called, but I had one a few years ago that would answer the call and immediately hang it up so that I wasn't disturbed and they couldn't leave a voicemail.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea what the app was called, but I had one a few years ago that would answer the call and immediately hang it up so that I wasn't disturbed and they couldn't leave a voicemail.

I know that Nomorobo does this for iPhone and is supposed to be coming for Android. However, here is a list of call blocking apps for Android. I don't use any of them, so can't recommend anything in particular myself.

https://www.ctia.org/consumer-tips/robocalls/android-robocall-blocking

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I just checked my daughter's Turbo 2 (formerly my phone) and the Dialer app does have a Block feature. Long press a number on the Recents tab and there is a pop-up with a Block option.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I just checked my daughter's Turbo 2 (formerly my phone) and the Dialer app does have a Block feature. Long press a number on the Recents tab and there is a pop-up with a Block option.

Don't have that on my phone unfortunately plus I'm still on 6.0 Marshmallow. Been waiting ages for 7.0 Nougat.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Follow up: her phone is on 7.0 Nougat. I forgot that it's a warranty replacement, so it must have shipped from Motorola with Nougat. If you can't find anything before Nougat hits your phone, you will have Block functionality with the stock Nougat Dialer.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I read on phone arena (think it was that website) that Nougat is now rolling out the regions with the Moto X Force so I'm hoping I'll get it in the next few days then see if I can block calls by holding down on the contact.