I was about to pull the trigger on getting a turbo 2, but now I read all these green line on display, not charging, battery drain, Bluetooth issues. Are there major problems with the Turbo 2 ? or are these mainly isolated complaints? Thanks
    07-18-2017 11:52 PM
    I'd honestly just skip the phone. It's 2 years old, and support for it is probably about done. Did you need a new phone in a certain price point?
    07-19-2017 11:56 AM
    I recently got the refresh Turbo 2 that came with my original order from Moto. The battery in the old phone was having problems. It is still the best phone I have ever had, and I have never had a single one of the many problems that have been breathlessly reported here.
    07-19-2017 04:29 PM
    I believe the bluetooth losing pairings issue is from google updates, not Motorola's fault. For example, I last saw BT drop pairings after I factory reset and then removed google photos after mistakenly updating it.

My display is fine, although side by side mine is starting to yellow compared to my Moto G4P. I don't like AMOLED screens because they yellow over time vs LCDs. I do like the large display, but I don't think the function exceeds the form factor, as I feel the phone is a bit clunky in size. I use a stylus to take notes in meetings, as well as text.

The camera is fantastic - I use the DT2 to snap pics that matter.

My battery lasts easily 2 days under medium use, but so does my Moto G4P's which is replaceable. Watch vids on youtube to learn how to take the DT2 apart to change it's if needed.

The processor is faster than the G4P as well as the 5 ghz wifi, but other than installing updates I don't see a difference day to day.

I use the Xbox One S and big screen to play games, as no phone game can come close.

Based off bluetooth reliability, I use my BlackBerry Q10 when I absolutely need communication to work, as well as if I need to type a message very quickly.

Rounding this up - if you can get a good deal on a DT2 today its a quick, big phone. If you don't rely on communication, it will be fine. I like it's durability and excellent camera. I prefer to carry the BB Q10 or the Moto G4P over it though, as I'm not one to buy into the "premium" cost -vs- value of a flagship phone, and it's size is a bit odd.
    07-19-2017 07:08 PM
    Like Golfdriver97 said, you may be better off looking at other phones. I have two months left to pay mine off and I'm already starting to look at what I'll get next. The green line issue started in the last couple weeks. The turbo chargers stopped working many months ago. And using any micro-USB charger is almost futile. I've switched entirely to wireless charging. The jack on my phone just won't work. I really liked this phone too, until the problems started. It does have an amazing camera. Good luck.
    08-22-2017 02:17 PM
    I'm with MsRed. In the past few months green line issue has also started for me, battery life has taken a dive and device is becoming more sluggish. This is my third Motorola device in a row and all three have started off really good and taken a turn for the worse after about 18 months. It makes me wonder if there is some built in obsolescence feature to make us want to get new phones. Sorry to say that as much as I like Motorola's little extras I won't be getting another one.
    My contract is up around Black Friday time so I will see what offers are about and likely go for a Pixel 2 or Galaxy S8, I'll even look at the new iphones if they have some compelling new features and not crazy expensive as rumored for the 8.
    08-23-2017 02:59 PM