Notifications don't always sound after update to 7.0

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
About two nights ago I updated my phone to android 7.0 but I've noticed that when I get a notification from an app I don't always get the sound I've set that app to have it's just like I have my phone on silent but it's not. Any ideas how to sort this as I don't wanna miss something that could be important one day.

CharlesH

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I discovered the hard way that my notifications were silent when an alarm that I had set to wake me early, didn't. I then recalled that, hey, I haven't heard notifications from my e-mail clients recently. I fussed around with the Do Not Disturb functionality, and turned off everything there I could find. I then rebooted the phone, and discovered that, lo and behold, the notification sounds were back. I suspect that it was the reboot that got fixed things. Sorry I cannot be more specific.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
It's the only phone I got until next year in March, end of March too. I also noticed that my phone doesn't make a noise when the battery becomes low too. The other day it did but last night it didn't.

anon(916519)

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I come from the BlackBerry side. We moved around on various revs of the OS, then stuck with one that works best for our needs.

Android updates every few days - I think its from sloppy coding, which in my opinion is why these phones have issues.

I personally reimaged both of my Motos to the factory certified images, and past initial installs of apps I am no longer updating anything on them.

If you aren't too far into your new image I would just copy your personal data and do a factory wipe, then selectively install your apps, checking to see which one corrupts your phone.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I've tested the phone in safe mode & the same thing happens when the battery gets low still no sound so no apps are playing up. Probably just sloppy coding like you said. Only got until the end of March before I can upgrade & get a new phone. Pretty sure I can live with this until then.

Gil Emery Jr

Mar 5, 2017
Visit site
i did like the way that blackberry did profiles much better....still searching for a reliable application that mimics the same behavior.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney