How can I load my SD card from my computer?

Sep 10, 2017
Visit site
I switched to a larger capacity SD card, and I used a card reader to copy the contents of the 16G to the hard drive of my Windows machine, then copied those files and a bunch more to the SD card of my new 128G card.
I could see all the files, but every one failed to open (VLC would autoclose as soon as it launched, Google Music would say "cannot play this file", and Amazon Music gave "exception #183 ").
So I reformatted the card and plan to try again. I've got GOBS of music on my computer, as well as a bunch more stuff, and I want it in my phone. Every time I try to plug in my phone to the computer, I can't see the SD card in Windows Explorer; how do I drop files into the card in a way that my phone can see them?

Sep 10, 2017
Visit site
The media isn't in my phone internal memory, it's on my computer. After a bit more googling, I'll try the USB debugging mode.
It's important that, at one point, the computer sees the card and loads them

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
To my knowledge with Google Music and Amazon music the files have copyright protection and won't work if copied to another device like that, it's to prevent someone with a subscription or purchase from downloading it and giving the files to someone else. I've never been able to access my Google Play Music files when moving an SD card, they need to get redownloaded from within the app.

Sep 10, 2017
Visit site
No. You misunderstood me. I took my old files, and tried to use Google Music, Amazon Music, AND VLC to play them. VLC autoclosed, Google Music said "unable to play the file" and Amazon at least gave a specific error code.
Also, all of the pictures and videos would show as listed, but no app would open them, so I assume they didn't load right.
I now have a new problem: the dog came up in a playful mood and got tangled in the cable, and yanked the USB cable from the computer. The computer gave an error message "the USB device you were using malfunctioned, and will no longer be recognized." And yup, when I try to plug it in, Windows doesn't recognize my phone now. Is this condition resolvable?

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
OK, two things.
I recently had my phone unplug during a file transfer and then got the same message as you. I got immediate access by plugging the cord into a different USB slot. Have you tried that? Also, my suggestion for your main problem would be to try reformatting the card in/with your phone. Then, transfer your files and try again.

If you want to check if it's the files, move one up to Google Drive, download it to your downloads folder, which should be on the built-in storage, then see if it opens.

Sep 10, 2017
Visit site
It appears that recent "advances" in Android have been hugely retrograde, and it REALLY does not want the user to have direct access to memory.
The only success I've had is copying music to One Drive or Google Drive and using the internet to move the files, with me having little little say over where they go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37