After DT 2 (and previously Maxx and Bionic), what should be my next phone?

NewArtDroid

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
My DT2 is on its last legs (and that is with Motorola replacing it a year ago). What should I get next? Z2 Play at Best Buy looked good, but can't tell if that is out of date. Or are there others I should consider?

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Both of the Z2 series are great phones. The Z2 Force has a Shattershield screen, like your Turbo 2 and the Z2 Play has a traditional Gorilla Glass screen. Both are compatible with all existing Moto Mods, and still have the Moto app with the Moto app features you would be used to.

NewArtDroid

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Both of the Z2 series are great phones. The Z2 Force has a Shattershield screen, like your Turbo 2 and the Z2 Play has a traditional Gorilla Glass screen. Both are compatible with all existing Moto Mods, and still have the Moto app with the Moto app features you would be used to.

Thanks for these tips. I do like the Shattershield that I have on DT2. However, I was concerned that Z2 Force doesn't have a 3.5 mm jack.

Are there any other phones I should like at, but keep in mind, I'd like to be similar to what I'm used to (other than loss of performance).

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
It depends on how much you like & use the Moto App functionality, in my opinion. Nothing else comes close.

The lack of a headphone jack hasn't been an issue for me, the Z Force came with a USB-C to 3.5MM adapter in the box, if needed.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure why anybody with an Android phone wouldn't consider the Pixel 2 or Pixel 2XL, depending on the size that you like. I don't have one, but one thing that you know is that it will get regular and frequent updates (unlike any other Android phone), and Google's project manager Sr. Vice President in charge of the Pixel project is Rick Osterloh, the former President of Motorola back in the Turbo/Turbo 2 days.

Last edited:

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I'm not sure why anybody with an Android phone wouldn't consider the Pixel 2 or Pixel 2XL, depending on the size that you like. I don't have one, but one thing that you know is that it will get regular and frequent updates (unlike any other Android phone), and Google's project manager for the Pixel project is Rick Osterloh, the former President of Motorola back in the Turbo/Turbo 2 days.
Good point. The only phone I would personally buy other than a Moto is a Pixel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2