Not just black, off. Not after a drop (it hasn't been through ANY harsh drops), not after water exposure, not after using some weird app, I was simply in the middle of a text and bam, half the screen is gone. The touch factor seems to be working, I can swipe on the home screen but I cant see anything at all. This phone has been on my nerves since I got it 2 years ago, the ringer not going off when the volume is up, random bug reports when there are no crashes or bugs to report, etc. This is the last straw. I have a heart condition for Pete's sake and I need to be able to dial 911 should my arrhythmias get bad BUT I CANT SEE THE TOP ROW OF NUMBERS. Any help would be appreciated as I am far from tech savvy, as I am old and without children. Thanks.
    10-31-2018 04:38 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! If the problem persists in Safe Mode (https://support.motorola.com/us/en/p...ments/MS108294), then the screen has likely failed. Unfortunately, assuming the phone is out of warranty and you haven't purchased any insurance for it, your only options are to bring it to a repair shop or get a new phone. Sorry!
    10-31-2018 10:33 AM