Droid turbo 2

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Just bought a 32gb droid turbo 2.I got a samsung microsdxc evo plus 128mg class 10 uhs 3 sd card.I don't do alot of pics and videos.The phone isn't even on yet.Says it's too slow.Tried it 5 or 6 times to format,etc.When i turn it on,at times it says doesn't recongnize it,reinsert it,etc.Should've just bought the 64gb version and be done with it.Since the 2 with an expandable memory is new to me,spent hours and days online,but no answer to my specific situation.From what i've read,guessing going with the 128gb max(according to motorola),but a sdhc class 10 and a uhs class 1?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Class 10, UHS 3 is contradictory. Class 10 is UHS 1. Something tells me you got a counterfeit (or defective) card.

SDHC goes up to 32GB. Beyond that (64GB to 2TB) the card is SDXC. (If the phone can handle a 128GB card, it should be able to handle anything up to 2TB, but they hadn't tested it with anything larger than 128GB, so they didn't guarantee it.)

But a 128GB SDHC card isn't possible - SDHC can't handle the addressing beyond 32GB.