DROID TURBO: Rumored Specs

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It's still a carrier-exclusive though. With the Moto X at the $100 on-contract price-point, I don't see this being $200 on-contract - more like $250 or $300. If that's the case, I wonder if there's anything to fill the gap.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
It's still a carrier-exclusive though. With the Moto X at the $100 on-contract price-point, I don't see this being $200 on-contract - more like $250 or $300. If that's the case, I wonder if there's anything to fill the gap.

I actually think this will be $200 on contract. This lines up with Samsung, LG and HTC flagship devices. I don't think that this phone is in the same category as the Galaxy Note 4 mainly because of the screen size. I could be wrong but we will see for sure in October.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I actually think this will be $200 on contract. This lines up with Samsung, LG and HTC flagship devices. I don't think that this phone is in the same category as the Galaxy Note 4 mainly because of the screen size. I could be wrong but we will see for sure in October.

Wasn't the old droid maxx $299 on contract?

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
...and six months until I can get it used for ~$200. The Droid lines don't seem to hold value and if the z3 compact doesn't come to verizon and I am stuck with a bigger phone, this is likely to be it. Hopefully the camera is better then the X and not just more MP.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
...and six months until I can get it used for ~$200. The Droid lines don't seem to hold value and if the z3 compact doesn't come to verizon and I am stuck with a bigger phone, this is likely to be it. Hopefully the camera is better then the X and not just more MP.

Carrier-exclusive.

I could probably get a DROID MINI in good condition for $150 right now.

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully this phone is 5 in or less and 1080p not 1440p. 1440p is overkill on a 5 in display and will hamper battery life and performance. Looking to pick one of these up regardless. Hoping for at least 3000mah battery as well..

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully this phone is 5 in or less and 1080p not 1440p. 1440p is overkill on a 5 in display and will hamper battery life and performance. Looking to pick one of these up regardless. Hoping for at least 3000mah battery as well..

The benchmark said its a 5.2" display so I think were safe in assuming that. The battery should be at least 3500 mah knowing Droids.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
The benchmark said its a 5.2" display so I think were safe in assuming that. The battery should be at least 3500 mah knowing Droids.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
Yea those specs with a 1080 screen would give great battery life. With 1440 screen probably still good but not great. Didn't the benchmark show a 2560x1440 resolution?

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't the old droid maxx $299 on contract?

Yeah but the difference was there were two other versions of the phone out but this time around all signs point to just one phone being released. But nothing is official until the phone is released.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but the difference was there were two other versions of the phone out but this time around all signs point to just one phone being released. But nothing is official until the phone is released.

I don't remember hearing much about the DROID MINI prior to the announcement.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

that would be my luck that a turbo mini would release right after I get my daughter a 2013 moto x. it being the only phone with good specs that's not huge on Verizon.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I was talking about the price of the phone. Last year Verizon could get away with charging $300 for the MAXX because there were the Mini and the Ultra that they were selling. This year it's only one phone and as much as Verizon loves the DROID phones I can't imagine a scenario where they sell their beloved DROID phone for $300 on contract. No way they will sell that phone at that on contract price, especially if there is only one phone. Now if there is another phone that is coming then I could see that happening but all signs point to just one phone and not two phones this year.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I was talking about the price of the phone. Last year Verizon could get away with charging $300 for the MAXX because there were the Mini and the Ultra that they were selling. This year it's only one phone and as much as Verizon loves the DROID phones I can't imagine a scenario where they sell their beloved DROID phone for $300 on contract. No way they will sell that phone at that on contract price, especially if there is only one phone. Now if there is another phone that is coming then I could see that happening but all signs point to just one phone and not two phones this year.

And I'm saying I don't remember much leaked about the DROID MINI prior to launch. We're still in the leaks and rumors phase. Neither of us can be certain whether or not there will be a phone slotted in between the Moto X and the DROID TURBO.

And there were four phones last year.