DROID TURBO: Rumored Specs

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
And I'm saying I don't remember much leaked about the DROID MINI prior to launch. We're still in the leaks and rumors phase. Neither of us can be certain whether or not there will be a phone slotted in between the Moto X and the DROID TURBO.

And there were four phones last year.

Oh ok. Well hopefully we find out for sure later this month. Seems like a great phone to me. I just hope the camera is up to snuff since it appears to be a 20 MP shooter.

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I just hope the camera is up to snuff since it appears to be a 20 MP shooter.

I hope it has a better camera then the X. What I don't get is why they would make such a high end smart phone with better specs then their flagship...

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I hope it has a better camera then the X. What I don't get is why they would make such a high end smart phone with better specs then their flagship...

The moto x is more of their flagship In terms of design it seems like they really sell the curved back and perfect size of the phone

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I got a X didn't want to wait. Plus I paid $50 bucks.... Value

If the x is what you wanted that's great. But if it's because you didn't want to wait then that's not a good reason. Personally a huge battery is reason enough for me to wait.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm not thrilled about it being bigger than the X but I really want/need the bigger battery. At a moderate to heavy user I can't live with a half day battery

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't think the footprint will be much bigger then the X (2014). While it does have capacitive buttons, they seem to be crammed into nearly the same chin as the X

heyeaglefn

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Yeah it may be similar size and design as the X, but it is for a totally different user IMO. The X has one of the weakest batteries out there, this has one of the strongest (At least we hope).

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I would prefer a smaller phone (near size of 2013 X), however since that doesn't look like its going to happen at least this phone may have a better camera, larger battery (and less importantly 805, 3gb ram, etc...)

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
And I'm saying I don't remember much leaked about the DROID MINI prior to launch. We're still in the leaks and rumors phase. Neither of us can be certain whether or not there will be a phone slotted in between the Moto X and the DROID TURBO.

And there were four phones last year.

When CNET broke the leak about the Turbo/Quark in August, their "insider" source stated that VZW and Moto were paring the Droid line down to just one model this year. Take it with a grain of salt since there are also rumors about an inbound Droid 5 (qwerty - but might be a midcycle 1H 2015 release), but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that they skip the mini/ultra versions this year.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
When CNET broke the leak about the Turbo/Quark in August, their "insider" source stated that VZW and Moto were paring the Droid line down to just one model this year. Take it with a grain of salt since there are also rumors about an inbound Droid 5 (qwerty - but might be a midcycle 1H 2015 release), but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that they skip the mini/ultra versions this year.

Droid 5 rumors have been going on for over a year now. As a previous Droid owner (I've owned the OG Droid, Droid 2 and 4), I would be curious to see if they do release a 5. Not sure if the market is calling for one or not but I haven't seen a highend physical keyboard phone out there right now.

Also, I agree with that VZW only needs one Droid. The 2013 line up was a little too much with the X available and the keyboard variant was missing. The Maxx made sense but the Ultra and Mini didn't.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I agree the ultra made no sense. but the mini made perfect sense. it had the smaller form factor and the same specs as the maxx . I would have bought one for my daughter had they been bringing out a new model. teenage girls do not wont a phone with a 5'' screen. that's one reason the iPhone sells so good.

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
It will actually suck if we get a "droid" stylized turbo and everyone else (non-verizon) gets a more appealing style

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
nwyaYuN.jpg

mGJVZQ1.jpg

JUoUxmL.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member