View Poll Results: Which will you choose: Moto X 2014 or Droid Turbo (Verizon only)

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will buy Moto X 2014 now

2 10.53%
  • I will wait for Droid Turbo to be released

17 89.47%
10-28-2014 01:52 PM
95 ... 234
tools
    Design is probably one of the last things on my decision list of what I want in a phone.
    A lot of people really hung up on looks. Yes, it matters to me to, but with all the phone out there no one else really looks at your phone and says 'wow'. And if they do it's ony for a fleeting moment. All my phones have been cased so that design factor means less. I'm also near 100% bluetotth so no sees it when I'm taking on it

Short version - the 2 most important features for me are a Maxx size battery and the always listening/touchless control' The touchless always listening is the main reason I won't even look at another phone/ I just use it too much.
    Revolutionary likes this.
    10-06-2014 12:08 AM
    I'm expecting that the new processor in the turbo can handle the the true (screen off) always listening function of the X and the MAXX?
    10-06-2014 12:13 AM
    Not on Verizon but if I was I'd choose the Turbo without question. Alas, I'm sol.
    10-06-2014 10:28 AM
    Exactly... I have a DSLR and a very good point & shoot that I use when I know I want really good pictures. I use my "phone" when I just want to take a snapshot of something and when I'm out and about and run across something I want to capture.
    I have an Eye-fi card in my Nikon DSLR. When I want to share a quality photo, or have it display on Dayframe, I just mark the photo on-camera, and it transfers to my Moto X.

No, I don't always have the Nikon with me, but when something important is going on I do...
    Sent from my Moto X
    The world has changed, and so have people's expectations of phone cameras. Everything is a photo op now. Instagram? Vine? You don't have to make the compromise (and it is a compromise) you guys make with an iPhone. Really. I'm an Android lifer, but even I can acknowledge that the things just take awesome pictures, better with every generation. iPhone users don't need to lug a DSLR or P&S around like a tourist; Android users want that same experience. We all generally have decided that "camera quality" is lower priority or we'd all have iPhones, but there is nothing wrong with desiring the same experience.

That said, the GLBench leak last week suggested the Turbo has a 20mp rear camera, so we can expect a difference between the image quality on the X and the Turbo that really want there between last year's X and Droid line. Not that it will necessarily be better, just that the modules are clearly different, so the images likely will be, as well.
    10-06-2014 03:44 PM
    The world has changed, and so have people's expectations of phone cameras. Everything is a photo op now. Instagram? Vine? You don't have to make the compromise (and it is a compromise) you guys make with an iPhone. Really. I'm an Android lifer, but even I can acknowledge that the things just take awesome pictures, better with every generation. iPhone users don't need to lug a DSLR or P&S around like a tourist; Android users want that same experience. We all generally have decided that "camera quality" is lower priority or we'd all have iPhones, but there is nothing wrong with desiring the same experience.

That said, the GLBench leak last week suggested the Turbo has a 20mp rear camera, so we can expect a difference between the image quality on the X and the Turbo that really want there between last year's X and Droid line. Not that it will necessarily be better, just that the modules are clearly different, so the images likely will be, as well.
    Adding to that theory, if the Turbo adds the extra battery capacity, better camera, and higher resolution screen, will it have all of the Moto X features (Moto Display, Moto Voice, etc.)? If not, I'm definitely getting the X.
    10-06-2014 06:31 PM
    Short version - the 2 most important features for me are a Maxx size battery and the always listening/touchless control' The touchless always listening is the main reason I won't even look at another phone/ I just use it too much.
    What phone do you currently use with the touch less control? I currently am using Droid RAZR M with the Google Now update where I can voice control most Google apps from any screen I'm on. Not quite as good as the always listening Moto X features, but good enough until I upgrade to either Moto X 2014 or Droid Turbo

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-06-2014 06:42 PM
    the camera on my Moto X 2014 doesn't work properly. Everything is out of focus. tried all settings and reboot. Set it up same as a buddies who's camera works fine.After 3 hours waiting to exchange my phone in store, I decided I won't ever go through this again in a Verizon store. So I got my money back and had them reactivate my old Razr Maxx. When they have this phone or the Turbo up and working properly, I will order one online, but not b4 then.

Seriously thinking about the Droid Maxx which is a free upgrade now. Any thoughts about that?
    10-06-2014 07:28 PM
    the camera on my Moto X 2014 doesn't work properly. Everything is out of focus. tried all settings and reboot. Set it up same as a buddies who's camera works fine.After 3 hours waiting to exchange my phone in store, I decided I won't ever go through this again in a Verizon store. So I got my money back and had them reactivate my old Razr Maxx. When they have this phone or the Turbo up and working properly, I will order one online, but not b4 then.

Seriously thinking about the Droid Maxx which is a free upgrade now. Any thoughts about that?
    the droid maxx is a great phone with a mediocre camera. ive been well satisfied over all with mine. its really smooth and the battery lasts forever and a day. the screen is nice and bright.
    Revolutionary likes this.
    10-06-2014 08:34 PM
    with the update rumored to be Jan or Feb for the Moto x and Turbo when it's released, the Maxx has my attention. I want data over voice and my Razr Maxx is moving slower every day as well as taking forever to recharge. Camera is no biggie, but reliability and performance is.Friends are saying it's out of date and wait, they always have to have the newest every year. I want something good now and will last the 2 years of the contract.

Tough decision, wait or take advantage of Maxx sale.
    10-06-2014 08:50 PM
    No it wasn't I paid 199.00 on contract upgrade when I got my Droid Maxx.
    10-06-2014 08:54 PM
    Don't forget that the on sale Maxx only has 16GB nowadays and no SD card support That puts it out of the running for me. Waiting on the Turbo, this RAZR M just keeps getting worse with every patch Moto/Verizon push out so I'm hoping Turbo is a late October release like some rumors say.

10-07-2014 12:48 AM
    Currently on a DNA that I haven't updated due to KitKat issues. The phone has been great. Does anybody know if Motorola allows for text reflow or will I have to download another browser? If I can't get that and it doesn't have Qi charging, I might as well make the dreaded switch to...

Also, does Motorola have the feature that turns speakerphone on automatically when placed face down? Thanks.

BTW, camera is a big deal to people with children.
    10-07-2014 11:36 AM
    I have the new Moto X, too and so far I love it. I even love the Success I got for it.
    And I took back 2 Samsung S4s and the S5.

But I have the 16gig version and that's useless in 2014. I have 5 Gigs left and haven't put any music on. The other two gripes are the 2gigs of RAM and the okay camera. I really wanted the Sony Xperia Z3 which might come to Verizon. I'm on Verizon but hate the bloatware.

So the Droid Turbo might be a nice option.

Or I'll get the 32gig moto x online and take mine back to Best Buy. Luckily I have 45 days to try this out.
    10-07-2014 11:45 AM
    Adding to that theory, if the Turbo adds the extra battery capacity, better camera, and higher resolution screen, will it have all of the Moto X features (Moto Display, Moto Voice, etc.)? If not, I'm definitely getting the X.
    I expect it to have touchless controls, Moto Display, and Moto Assist, just like last year's droids. No one knows for sure, but since the Maxx and Ultra had those as well as the X, it stands to reason. Hard to predict if the gesture controls will be on board or if it will work with the currently X exclusive peripherals. Although on the latter, the Maxx/Ultra worked with those spot things last year...

I love love love my Maxx. I won't jump to the Turbo if it doesn't have Moto Display. That innovation alone has revolutionized how I use my phone.
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-07-2014 04:39 PM
    So, with the buttons on the Turbo. Are we losing screen real estate?

Are we only getting 4.9 instead of 5.2?

Phone junkie
    10-27-2014 11:22 PM

Phone junkie
    No, the screen is 5.2 plus the buttons.

10-27-2014 11:27 PM
    No, the screen is 5.2 plus the buttons.

That's the beauty of capacitive buttons. I'm all for them after the on screen buttons of my Droid Razr M eating up full screen viewing space. Not all apps make these buttons disappear in full screen mode... NFL Mobile!

This message was emitted from Uranus
    10-28-2014 10:32 AM
    Not all apps make these buttons disappear in full screen mode... NFL Mobile!
    Conversely, some apps add a vertical ". . ." to the soft key bar for their overflow menu, if you have on-screen buttons. If you have capacitive buttons, then you have to look at a black bar just for those 3 dots.

Some programs work best one way, and others work best the other way.

Sent from my Moto X
    10-28-2014 11:14 AM
    You'll be able to pre-order this device today. As of NOON Central time - that's 1PM Eastern and 10AM Pacific - you'll be able to find the DROID Turbo on Verizon Wireless online.

This device will come in Metallic Black, Metallic Red, and Ballistic Nylon. You'll be able to get the device in any of the three color schemes in its 32GB size, or Ballistic Nylon (black) in its 64GB iteration.

The 32GB version will cost you $199.99 with a 2-year contract with Verizon starting on October 30th - that's in-store availability. The 64GB version of the Turbo will cost $249.99 USD.

DROID Turbo detailed for official release with Verizon - SlashGear
    10-28-2014 11:37 AM

Phone junkie
    Cincybearcatfan likes this.
    10-28-2014 01:52 PM
95 ... 234