Droid Turbo will have same size 5.2" screen as Moto X 2014 with MUCH better specs...

Which will you choose: Moto X 2014 or Droid Turbo (Verizon only)

• Total voters

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Short version - the 2 most important features for me are a Maxx size battery and the always listening/touchless control' The touchless always listening is the main reason I won't even look at another phone/ I just use it too much.

What phone do you currently use with the touch less control? I currently am using Droid RAZR M with the Google Now update where I can voice control most Google apps from any screen I'm on. Not quite as good as the always listening Moto X features, but good enough until I upgrade to either Moto X 2014 or Droid Turbo :)

Posted via the Android Central App

gene9p

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
the camera on my Moto X 2014 doesn't work properly. Everything is out of focus. tried all settings and reboot. Set it up same as a buddies who's camera works fine.After 3 hours waiting to exchange my phone in store, I decided I won't ever go through this again in a Verizon store. So I got my money back and had them reactivate my old Razr Maxx. When they have this phone or the Turbo up and working properly, I will order one online, but not b4 then.

Seriously thinking about the Droid Maxx which is a free upgrade now. Any thoughts about that?

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
the camera on my Moto X 2014 doesn't work properly. Everything is out of focus. tried all settings and reboot. Set it up same as a buddies who's camera works fine.After 3 hours waiting to exchange my phone in store, I decided I won't ever go through this again in a Verizon store. So I got my money back and had them reactivate my old Razr Maxx. When they have this phone or the Turbo up and working properly, I will order one online, but not b4 then.

Seriously thinking about the Droid Maxx which is a free upgrade now. Any thoughts about that?

the droid maxx is a great phone with a mediocre camera. ive been well satisfied over all with mine. its really smooth and the battery lasts forever and a day. the screen is nice and bright.

gene9p

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
with the update rumored to be Jan or Feb for the Moto x and Turbo when it's released, the Maxx has my attention. I want data over voice and my Razr Maxx is moving slower every day as well as taking forever to recharge. Camera is no biggie, but reliability and performance is.Friends are saying it's out of date and wait, they always have to have the newest every year. I want something good now and will last the 2 years of the contract.

Tough decision, wait or take advantage of Maxx sale.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I just bought a Moto X 2014 and I'm already thinking I'll return it for the Droid Turbo :(

No it wasn't I paid 199.00 on contract upgrade when I got my Droid Maxx.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Don't forget that the on sale Maxx only has 16GB nowadays and no SD card support :( That puts it out of the running for me. Waiting on the Turbo, this RAZR M just keeps getting worse with every patch Moto/Verizon push out so I'm hoping Turbo is a late October release like some rumors say.

duketreo

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Currently on a DNA that I haven't updated due to KitKat issues. The phone has been great. Does anybody know if Motorola allows for text reflow or will I have to download another browser? If I can't get that and it doesn't have Qi charging, I might as well make the dreaded switch to...

Also, does Motorola have the feature that turns speakerphone on automatically when placed face down? Thanks.

BTW, camera is a big deal to people with children.

agir

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I have the new Moto X, too and so far I love it. I even love the Success I got for it.
And I took back 2 Samsung S4s and the S5.

But I have the 16gig version and that's useless in 2014. I have 5 Gigs left and haven't put any music on. The other two gripes are the 2gigs of RAM and the okay camera. I really wanted the Sony Xperia Z3 which might come to Verizon. I'm on Verizon but hate the bloatware.

So the Droid Turbo might be a nice option.

Or I'll get the 32gig moto x online and take mine back to Best Buy. Luckily I have 45 days to try this out.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Adding to that theory, if the Turbo adds the extra battery capacity, better camera, and higher resolution screen, will it have all of the Moto X features (Moto Display, Moto Voice, etc.)? If not, I'm definitely getting the X.

I expect it to have touchless controls, Moto Display, and Moto Assist, just like last year's droids. No one knows for sure, but since the Maxx and Ultra had those as well as the X, it stands to reason. Hard to predict if the gesture controls will be on board or if it will work with the currently X exclusive peripherals. Although on the latter, the Maxx/Ultra worked with those spot things last year...

I love love love my Maxx. I won't jump to the Turbo if it doesn't have Moto Display. That innovation alone has revolutionized how I use my phone.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
No, the screen is 5.2 plus the buttons.

That's the beauty of capacitive buttons. I'm all for them after the on screen buttons of my Droid Razr M eating up full screen viewing space. Not all apps make these buttons disappear in full screen mode... NFL Mobile!

This message was emitted from Uranus

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Not all apps make these buttons disappear in full screen mode... NFL Mobile!

Conversely, some apps add a vertical ". . ." to the soft key bar for their overflow menu, if you have on-screen buttons. If you have capacitive buttons, then you have to look at a black bar just for those 3 dots.

Some programs work best one way, and others work best the other way.

Sent from my Moto X

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
You'll be able to pre-order this device today. As of NOON Central time - that's 1PM Eastern and 10AM Pacific - you'll be able to find the DROID Turbo on Verizon Wireless online.

This device will come in Metallic Black, Metallic Red, and Ballistic Nylon. You'll be able to get the device in any of the three color schemes in its 32GB size, or Ballistic Nylon (black) in its 64GB iteration.

The 32GB version will cost you $199.99 with a 2-year contract with Verizon starting on October 30th - that's in-store availability. The 64GB version of the Turbo will cost $249.99 USD.

DROID Turbo detailed for official release with Verizon - SlashGear

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So, with the buttons on the Turbo. Are we losing screen real estate?

Are we only getting 4.9 instead of 5.2?

Phone junkie

oHGH07v.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance