Verizon Motorola DROID Turbo User manual released

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: User manual released

Right. That's what I mean. Lots of leaks, but just of the same manual info. I just didn't see lots of new pics.

Right, no new photos - those were leaked a few weeks ago. But this confirms a lot of what was treated as speculation after prior leaks -- like the inclusion of the Moto features and Quick Draw on the camera (YES!), camera megapixels, the Turbo Charger, etc. That's all new stuff.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

Right, no new photos - those were leaked a few weeks ago. But this confirms a lot of what was treated as speculation after prior leaks -- like the inclusion of the Moto features and Quick Draw on the camera (YES!), camera megapixels, the Turbo Charger, etc. That's all new stuff.

That camera (which looks like it has the same software) sure better take some better pictures!

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

ww.droid-life.com/2014/10/09/droid-turbo-will-have-a-3900mah-battery/ This shows 3900 battery also. This would be nice.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site

That camera (which looks like it has the same software) sure better take some better pictures!

Does indeed appear to the the standard Moto camera app. I ditched it ages ago on my Maxx (except for Quick Draw, which is tied to that app) in favor of the Google camera and the excellent stock camera from Jelly Bean (Camera JB+ on Play).

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site

3800mah battery according to people on Twitter..

ww.droid-life.com/2014/10/09/droid-turbo-will-have-a-3900mah-battery/ This shows 3900 battery also. This would be nice.

Yowza! There are 7 and 8 inch tablets with smaller batteries.
With the 3900mah battery and the larger bezels to support capacitive buttons I'm wondering how heavy/bulky this thing is gonna be compared to other flagships. Granted it should have better battery life than anything else but at what cost to design and how it feels to hold and use..

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site

With the 3900mah battery and the larger bezels to support capacitive buttons I'm wondering how heavy/bulky this thing is gonna be compared to other flagships. Granted it should have better battery life than anything else but at what cost to design and how it feels to hold and use..

The chin/bezels really don't look any bigger than on the Maxx, and the battery only has 11% more capacity than the Maxx. I'm hopeful it won't be significantly different in the hand than the Maxx, but only experience with it will tell.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

The maxx is only 2mm thicker than the iPhone 5s I believe and the maxx feels a lot sturdier. Its kinda heavy but I'll take a little heft for double the battery life. Some of these phones are getting so thin they feel like I could snap them in half on accident.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

I don't know why people moan about the capacitive buttons . on the moto g it has on screen buttons yet it still has a chin big enough to hold capacitve buttons underneath the on screen buttons. same with the razr m.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Maxx...5.41x2.8x0.33
Iphone 6....5.44x2.64x0.27

The specs for the Maxx show 5.11 OZ but lets say it gets 10 percent heavier that makes it 5.6 or 5.9 depending on which spec you use. Not real heavy
wont bother me at all :)

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site

I don't know why people moan about the capacitive buttons . on the moto g it has on screen buttons yet it still has a chin big enough to hold capacitve buttons underneath the on screen buttons. same with the razr m.
I wasn't moaning about the capacitive buttons. Just pointing out that it looks like the Turbo will have a bigger foot print than most phones with a 5.2" display. I was just sharing my thoughts on a forum about phones where......people share their thoughts..

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

I think with the "double chin" on the Turbo, the chin is larger then the X. Personally I would prefer a smaller footprint and onscreen buttons. But at nearly the same size as the X and a way better battery and hopefully better camera, it looks like the Turbo wins.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

I wasn't moaning about the capacitive buttons. Just pointing out that it looks like the Turbo will have a bigger foot print than most phones with a 5.2" display. I was just sharing my thoughts on a forum about phones where......people share their thoughts..
im not trying to stop you from sharing your thoughts I was just sharing my thoughts about the big deal that's made about on screen buttons . when in reality they don't make a difference in the over all size of a device. if anything they waste space .