10-24-2014 09:06 PM
61 123
tools
    Well I think the sony phone is nice. I love Sony products. Headphones, ps4, etc. But Motorola has *** kicking radios and the phones can handle drops well. I also can't live without the software on my moto x. (Last years model). So for me its moto x 14 or the turbo.
    Motomaker +price + style force me to consider the X. But man this turbo is a beast ! I like the Kevlar back too. If its 199 on contract Ill get it. If it's 299 then I'll be getting that dark wood X.

I love Sony but IMO Motorola and their clean android experience just cannot be touched by any other manufacturer.
    10-15-2014 02:51 AM
    I keep waffling back and forth deciding which of these two phones to get. I really want the Turbo for the radio quality and non-glass back, but really like the slab-factor and LED notifications of the Z3v. Guess I will need to wait until they are both available to play with in person...
    10-19-2014 11:01 AM
    but really like the slab-factor and LED notifications of the Z3v
    The Moto Display is far superior than just LED lights IMO.
    10-19-2014 05:49 PM
    i had the same apprehension about the glass back until i saw this drop test of sony z2.. it looks like the glass back is fairly durable.. i might be moving back to verzion in nov and i think i'm leaning towards the z3v now..

pchain likes this.
    10-20-2014 03:37 PM
    Awesome. Thanks for posting that drop test video!
    10-20-2014 06:05 PM
    If you head over to the Z3 forums, one of the AC users that works in a retail store has some hands on pics and comments at this point. So far I've seen thicker than expected and disappointing build quality from them. I am leaning toward the Turbo as my next device - will probably buy two and finally give up unlimited data (gulp).
    10-22-2014 02:15 PM
    I'm staring down the same gun barrel... don't want to give up my UDP but... I'm not made of money either.
    10-22-2014 03:16 PM
    If you head over to the Z3 forums, one of the AC users that works in a retail store has some hands on pics and comments at this point. So far I've seen thicker than expected and disappointing build quality from them. I am leaning toward the Turbo as my next device - will probably buy two and finally give up unlimited data (gulp).
    Which one Z3 or Z3v? There are several reviews which indicate the Verizon Z3v is somewhat of a hybrid of the Sony Z2 and Z3. I guess it is an other one those "buyer be aware" situations.
    10-22-2014 03:36 PM
    Which one Z3 or Z3v? There are several reviews which indicate the Verizon Z3v is somewhat of a hybrid of the Sony Z2 and Z3. I guess it is an other one those "buyer be aware" situations.
    Considering the last Sony on Verizon, the Sony Play, I'll never be surprised at how much Verizon can screw up a device. That's why I'm jumping on the Turbo, it's almost like someone slipped this past the people who usually approve devices. I can't wait until the day that these carriers are just dumb pipes. A person can dream.
    10-22-2014 05:18 PM
    Z3v
    10-22-2014 06:17 PM
    Considering the last Sony on Verizon, the Sony Play, I'll never be surprised at how much Verizon can screw up a device. That's why I'm jumping on the Turbo, it's almost like someone slipped this past the people who usually approve devices. I can't wait until the day that these carriers are just dumb pipes. A person can dream.
    I swear Verizon still has a grudge about the IPhone thing and is really trying to steal some I sheep. A coworker has the new IPhone 6 and he oooo's and Ahhs over all the things it can do and I whip out my MAXX and show him all the stuff mine can do and it sort of deflates his ego. lol He has said he isn't real happy with the new sheeple phone.
    10-24-2014 09:06 PM
61 123