Verizon Motorola DROID Turbo 3900 mah battery? WOW

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: 3900 mah battery? WOW

The question is how long will it stay at 4.4.4, and how many subsequent updates will it get? Sony isn't the greatest for updates, and if you're on Verizon which phone do you think Verizon will prioritize in terms of updates? Last year the Moto X got the KK updates within a few weeks, and the Droids got it a month later. Sorry but if I can help it I'm not going back to waiting months or hoping I'll get an update.

I agree. Just was correcting the poster who claimed it had 4.2.2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

makryger1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

In the last couple weeks, reading about the Z3, I've realized that battery size does not necessarily dictate battery life. The Z3 had a larger battery than the Z3 compact, and yet the compact lasted longer. The Z3v had a 100mah bigger battery than the Z3, and yet the "2-day battery life" claim was changed to "over 1 day battery life", which tells me that the verizon bloatware is a bad thing for that phone.

So basically, I won't trust what the battery number says until I start to see reviewers do consistent testing of this thing.

But I am quite intrigued about the Droid Turbo and the massive battery life. Hope it's all its cracked up to be.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

In the last couple weeks, reading about the Z3, I've realized that battery size does not necessarily dictate battery life. The Z3 had a larger battery than the Z3 compact, and yet the compact lasted longer. The Z3v had a 100mah bigger battery than the Z3, and yet the "2-day battery life" claim was changed to "over 1 day battery life", which tells me that the verizon bloatware is a bad thing for that phone.

So basically, I won't trust what the battery number says until I start to see reviewers do consistent testing of this thing.

But I am quite intrigued about the Droid Turbo and the massive battery life. Hope it's all its cracked up to be.

Seeing it has similar specs to the note 4 (QHD display, snapdragon 805, and 3gb of ram) and the note 4 just with a 20mah bigger battery then the note 3 and got better battery life because of hardware and I'm sure some software improvements I think we can guess that this new maxx with 400mah more battery than the old maxx it will at the very least match what the last gen droid maxx got for battery life.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

Who says it's bloatwear? What about the difference in network? Or the way Verizon rates battery life?

makryger1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

Who says it's bloatwear? What about the difference in network? Or the way Verizon rates battery life?

Yeah, it could very well be the different radio/network too. While verizon may rate battery life different, it was a sony statement in both cases that rated the Z3 as "2 day battery life" (which several reviews confirmed), and then called it "over 1 day" for the Z3v...

But I think we're ultimately making the same point: that you can't *only* believe the number on the battery specs- the hardware, radios, software and screen all contribute to the real world performance. So I'm cautiously optimistic that the Droid Turbo battery life is awesome. But I'm going to wait to see what the real world and review-standardized tests show.

Cauhauna

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

Currently enjoying my 2013 droid maxx (32gb). Paid retail for it ($450 December 2013 . Hoping this new phone comes in around the $500 mark.

Cauhauna

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

Should have clarified - hanging on to unlimited. Yes, I know about the best buy method but don't want to risk an audit in the future

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Currently enjoying my 2013 droid maxx (32gb). Paid retail for it ($450 December 2013 . Hoping this new phone comes in around the $500 mark.
Sense the moto x is 500, there is no way this phone will be the same price unless Verizon is subsidizing the off contract price(never going to happen).

It will be at least 600 guaranteed

Sent from my XT1096

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site

Sense the moto x is 500, there is no way this phone will be the same price unless Verizon is subsidizing the off contract price(never going to happen).

It will be at least 600 guaranteed

Sent from my XT1096
It'll be between $650-$699 full retail or about $702 or $761 with tax.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech