Verizon Motorola DROID Turbo 3900 mah battery? WOW

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: 3900 mah battery? WOW

And don't forget that the up charge for 32GB phone over a 16GB version is usually $50. The Turbo will have 32GB standard. Which brings up another question, will there be a 64GB version?

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

And don't forget that the up charge for 32GB phone over a 16GB version is usually $50. The Turbo will have 32GB standard. Which brings up another question, will there be a 64GB version?
Man I really hope they drop a 64 gb version. With no sd card 32 gb is not enough for me. I have a 64 gb in my RMHD and it has been useful.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

I was considering the Nexus 6 but after seeing that the Droid turbo has a much bigger battery and smaller screen I can't believe the Nexus 6 is going to last longer in normal use that iDroid turbo. I am still somewhat up in the air but I'm really leaning towards the Droid turbo I am going to have to pay full retail as I got the Droid Maxx about 13 months ago with an upgrade but I think it's going to be worth every penny.

Posted via the Android Central App

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

I was considering the Nexus 6 but after seeing that the Droid turbo has a much bigger battery and smaller screen I can't believe the Nexus 6 is going to last longer in normal use that iDroid turbo. I am still somewhat up in the air but I'm really leaning towards the Droid turbo I am going to have to pay full retail as I got the Droid Maxx about 13 months ago with an upgrade but I think it's going to be worth every penny.

Posted via the Android Central App

The turbo will have much much better battery life than the nexus 6. With the droid maxx I could get around 7 hours of screen on time give or take. Next best phone I've had is the galaxy s5 which barely gets me 4hrs. With basically the same specs but a lot bigger battery and a lot smaller screen the new maxx *should* have alot better battery than the nexus 6 even with android L battery optimazion and at the very least should equal the battery life of the old maxx.

duketreo

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had a phone that's lasted more than a day in years. Will it be best to just charge the Turbo every night even if I use half or less of the battery capacity or should I wait until it is fully or almost drained (2 days)?

Thanks.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had a phone that's lasted more than a day in years. Will it be best to just charge the Turbo every night even if I use half or less of the battery capacity or should I wait until it is fully or almost drained (2 days)?

Thanks.
Top it off at night. That's what I do regardless of charge level.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Thanks.

It's definitely better to have many small charges than fewer large charges. There is a lot of information about this at batteryuniversity.com.

I charge my droid maxx nightly, and I usually sneak it onto the charger when I take a shower, go somewhere where I can't take the phone (e.g., swimming), when I'm driving if the charge level is below 75%, etc.

duketreo

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Funny. I always avoided charging frequently because my phone would get hot while charging (especially wirelessly). Figured that was bad for the battery.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Funny. I always avoided charging frequently because my phone would get hot while charging (especially wirelessly). Figured that was bad for the battery.

Wireless is worse than wired. That's also at batteryuniversity. Heat happens for long, deep charges or short charges.