10-29-2014 10:15 AM
50 12
tools
    So looks like the turbo will have a 3900 mah battery. WOW that is going to have some awesome battery life.
    http://www.droid-life.com/2014/10/09...00mah-battery/
    10-09-2014 04:17 PM
    That kind of battery life will feel infinite.
    10-09-2014 04:57 PM
    So looks like the turbo will have a 3900 mah battery. WOW that is going to have some awesome battery life.
    http://www.droid-life.com/2014/10/09...00mah-battery/
    WOW is right . this will be one really nice phone for the power user I cant wait!!!
    10-09-2014 04:58 PM
    WOW is right . this will be one really nice phone for the power user I cant wait!!!
    Agree. Will be nice to have a phone that you can really push and still make it a full day of very heavy use. Hopefully more OEMs follow with larger batteries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-09-2014 05:02 PM
    Check out the z3. I was sold on the turbo until I read that vz is releasing the z3. Hmmmmm
    10-09-2014 05:14 PM
    Motorola vs Sony? Moto wins every time. They may not always have the best style, but the build great phones. Moto invented cell phones and Sony is still getting their feet wet.
    10-09-2014 05:35 PM
    Motorola vs Sony? Moto wins every time. They may not always have the best style, but the build great phones. Moto invented cell phones and Sony is still getting their feet wet.
    Moto is nice but you obviously don't know anything about Sony. Tell me how you think the cameras will compare on the two?
    10-09-2014 05:40 PM
    Moto is nice but you obviously don't know anything about Sony. Tell me how you think the cameras will compare on the two?
    I hear you on cameras, but do you want a phone with a camera or a camera-phone? Nobody does radios as well as Motorola. Nobody. Better, stronger signal wherever you are. Even on wifi my Maxx gets a stronger signal than every other OEM in my house (LG, Samsung x2, HTC, Apple).
    Hgouck likes this.
    10-09-2014 06:23 PM
    The Z3v is tempting, but in the end, the Sony doesn't have Moto Voice, Moto Display, etc.. So the X or Turbo it is for me.
    Premium1 and dmark44 like this.
    10-09-2014 06:25 PM
    The turbo is going to be a beast of a phone. It'll be interesting to to see how it holds up once reviews are published.
    10-09-2014 06:56 PM
    If you want a camera maybe Sony is for you but I don't want a modified Android OS and 4.2.2 and I want the nice features from Moto. Everyone like something different so there would be nothing wrong with the Z3 if you like.
    10-09-2014 09:17 PM
    Wow this may be next on my list. I miss my RMHD and it's great battery life, even though my G2 isn't exactly a slouch.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-09-2014 09:48 PM
    I still have the RMHD and still get 2-3 days on a charge. I have been waiting for something to come along to replace it and almost switched to a MotoX. Glad I waited. But I am also not willing to give up my unlimited data with VZW so I will be paying full retail. I have looked several times at switching to a tiered plan but I use anywhere from 7 to 15 gb monthly, depending on travel for work. So a 3900 mah battery makes a huge difference for me.
    10-10-2014 08:05 AM
    The Turbo just might entice me to ditch my M8 which isn't even two months old. Decisions, decisions....
    10-10-2014 05:04 PM
    Check out the z3. I was sold on the turbo until I read that vz is releasing the z3. Hmmmmm
    Well if all you care about is the camera, yes sony wins. But moto has added some neat tricks (touch less display, not to mention the huge battery, top of the line specs and near stock android) Sony is still unknown as to how they will be updating their devices, especially on verizon.
    10-10-2014 05:37 PM
    If you want a camera maybe Sony is for you but I don't want a modified Android OS and 4.2.2 and I want the nice features from Moto. Everyone like something different so there would be nothing wrong with the Z3 if you like.

z3 has 4.4.4
    10-10-2014 05:38 PM
    I still have the RMHD and still get 2-3 days on a charge. I have been waiting for something to come along to replace it and almost switched to a MotoX. Glad I waited. But I am also not willing to give up my unlimited data with VZW so I will be paying full retail. I have looked several times at switching to a tiered plan but I use anywhere from 7 to 15 gb monthly, depending on travel for work. So a 3900 mah battery makes a huge difference for me.
    I still have the original razr maxx. Its slowing down but I still get almost two days usage. The turbo has my attention
    10-10-2014 07:16 PM
    I still have the original razr maxx. Its slowing down but I still get almost two days usage. The turbo has my attention
    Ditto that - my next new phone.
    10-10-2014 07:46 PM
    Ditto that - my next new phone.
    The nexus is too big but i love Moto. Always had a great product from them. Just been waiting for right phone to come along..
    10-10-2014 07:57 PM
    z3 has 4.4.4
    The question is how long will it stay at 4.4.4, and how many subsequent updates will it get? Sony isn't the greatest for updates, and if you're on Verizon which phone do you think Verizon will prioritize in terms of updates? Last year the Moto X got the KK updates within a few weeks, and the Droids got it a month later. Sorry but if I can help it I'm not going back to waiting months or hoping I'll get an update.
    travaz likes this.
    10-10-2014 08:11 PM
    The question is how long will it stay at 4.4.4, and how many subsequent updates will it get? Sony isn't the greatest for updates, and if you're on Verizon which phone do you think Verizon will prioritize in terms of updates? Last year the Moto X got the KK updates within a few weeks, and the Droids got it a month later. Sorry but if I can help it I'm not going back to waiting months or hoping I'll get an update.
    I agree. Just was correcting the poster who claimed it had 4.2.2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-10-2014 08:12 PM
    Moto X may see L before the nexus 5 even gets it.
    10-10-2014 08:16 PM
    In the last couple weeks, reading about the Z3, I've realized that battery size does not necessarily dictate battery life. The Z3 had a larger battery than the Z3 compact, and yet the compact lasted longer. The Z3v had a 100mah bigger battery than the Z3, and yet the "2-day battery life" claim was changed to "over 1 day battery life", which tells me that the verizon bloatware is a bad thing for that phone.

So basically, I won't trust what the battery number says until I start to see reviewers do consistent testing of this thing.

But I am quite intrigued about the Droid Turbo and the massive battery life. Hope it's all its cracked up to be.
    delrey1900 and Crispy like this.
    10-10-2014 09:13 PM
    In the last couple weeks, reading about the Z3, I've realized that battery size does not necessarily dictate battery life. The Z3 had a larger battery than the Z3 compact, and yet the compact lasted longer. The Z3v had a 100mah bigger battery than the Z3, and yet the "2-day battery life" claim was changed to "over 1 day battery life", which tells me that the verizon bloatware is a bad thing for that phone.

So basically, I won't trust what the battery number says until I start to see reviewers do consistent testing of this thing.

But I am quite intrigued about the Droid Turbo and the massive battery life. Hope it's all its cracked up to be.
    Seeing it has similar specs to the note 4 (QHD display, snapdragon 805, and 3gb of ram) and the note 4 just with a 20mah bigger battery then the note 3 and got better battery life because of hardware and I'm sure some software improvements I think we can guess that this new maxx with 400mah more battery than the old maxx it will at the very least match what the last gen droid maxx got for battery life.
    10-10-2014 11:40 PM

Who says it's bloatwear? What about the difference in network? Or the way Verizon rates battery life?
    10-11-2014 08:50 AM
50 12