Any bets on the Turbo's price?

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
The Note 4 and Iphone 6+ are both phablets. I think pricing is more based on screen size since its the only spec most consumers can see. If you go into Verizon, they don't list any specs next to the phones.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Having no competition for the Turbo I think VZW is going to stick it to us full retail folks. My guess is $550 to $600. Hope I am wrong.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Having no competition for the Turbo I think VZW is going to stick it to us full retail folks. My guess is $550 to $600. Hope I am wrong.

How would that be "sticking it to us"? The Galaxy S5 is $600 as is the HTC One M8.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

garyart1

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that gives me hope is that Motorola had stated they believe the day of the outrageously expensive flagship phones are a thing of the past. I do not see it lower than the moto x but not as high as the samsungs, iphones. I also just noticed today that verizon discounts the iphones more off retail than the androids for 2 year contacts.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that gives me hope is that Motorola had stated they believe the day of the outrageously expensive flagship phones are a thing of the past. I do not see it lower than the moto x but not as high as the samsungs, iphones. I also just noticed today that verizon discounts the iphones more off retail than the androids for 2 year contacts.

I don't mean to crush your hope, but while this is a Motorola phone, it was commissioned by Verizon so they'll set the price. And as you know they're not afraid to overcharge.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't mean to crush your hope, but while this is a Motorola phone, it was commissioned by Verizon so they'll set the price. And as you know they're not afraid to overcharge.

Except that it might not really be a VZ exclusive if the Moto Maxx turns out (as rumored) to be this device but for ATT/T-Mob. VZ can't realistically price their version $100 more just because it says Droid. They will stick close to how Moto prices it for the other carriers.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I also pay full retail and I think you are right.

My only hope is Verizon has the full retail price low so their Edge program looks more attractive. I think last year's Maxx was $499 so Verizon could pitch the phone as being about $20/month on the Edge program.

There was also a program last year where people could get $100 from Motorola if they turned in an old phone that Moto abandoned. As I recall there were about a half dozen Moto phones that didn't get upgraded to Jellybean and the $100 trade-in was Motorola's effort to make peace.

Posted via Android Central App

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
My only hope is Verizon has the full retail price low so their Edge program looks more attractive. I think last year's Maxx was $499 so Verizon could pitch the phone as being about $20/month on the Edge program.

There was also a program last year where people could get $100 from Motorola if they turned in an old phone that Moto abandoned. As I recall there were about a half dozen Moto phones that didn't get upgraded to Jellybean and the $100 trade-in was Motorola's effort to make peace.

It was $499 after a price drop after a month or two. IIRC the original price was $600-650.

Considering the Nexus 6 is selling for $649 off contract, I'd imagine the Turbo will be a bit less. The N6 has stereo speakers and a 5.9" screen, the Turbo has wireless charging and a larger battery. Usually the screen dictates the price more than any other spec. At least I hope that's the case.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

I sure hope Motorola keeps true to their word on the fact that the day of extremely expensive flagship phones is over. The curious thing to me is that Verizon is offering a free iPhone if you trade in an iPhone 5 I think the days of blind iPhone following may be coming to an end the Droid turbo or many of the other devices may be a good lure for iPhone users and they can see what a truly new innovative operating system on a mobile phone is all about.

Posted via the Android Central App

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
It was $499 after a price drop after a month or two. IIRC the original price was $600-650.

Considering the Nexus 6 is selling for $649 off contract, I'd imagine the Turbo will be a bit less. The N6 has stereo speakers and a 5.9" screen, the Turbo has wireless charging and a larger battery. Usually the screen dictates the price more than any other spec. At least I hope that's the case.

It will be interesting - there's no question that the price of the Nexus 6 was a bit of a shock to many people.

Also, just to be clear, the Nexus 6 will have wireless charging too.

Symthic

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Why wouldn't it be? Every phone at my local Verizon store and every phone I see online is available for the edge program.
Huh, I swear that when I was looking at the online store recently I saw a phone that didn't list an Edge price. Must be seeing (or not seeing) things. Well, good to know. I've been wanting to get on Edge for a while, and I can't shell out a couple hundred dollars on a new phone at the moment.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It will be interesting - there's no question that the price of the Nexus 6 was a bit of a shock to many people.

Also, just to be clear, the Nexus 6 will have wireless charging too.

Which is ridiculous if you ask me. It's like everyone thinks Google owes them a phone at the N4/N5 price point. The N1, NS, and GN were all $500+. I view it like what many companies do, offer reduced or free pricing for a certain period of time, then it goes to regular pricing.
One guy in the EU who commented in an article on the subject said he wanted to report this to the authorities because he believes other OEMS or carriers are pressuring Google to raise their prices. Ridiculous if you ask me.

Back on topic, I know the Maxx's price was higher than $499 initially because I bought it through Verizon and when the price dropped, I was in the window to be eligible for price matching, and I believe it was a $150 credit, so that would put it at $649 launch price. I'm hoping for $549-599, I doubt with these specs it's going to be less than that, and with the smaller screen than the N6, I'd guess it'll be less than that. That's my guess.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
$249.99 or $299.99 on-contract are my guesses.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
If you were considering using the Verizon's Edge Plan, be aware that the website indicates some recent changes in the plan. Unless early on set Alzheimer's has started, a week ago or so the plan was full retail split into 20 payments and upgrade available after 60% of the total paid. Now everything on the website is 24 payments and 75% paid.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
If you were considering using the Verizon's Edge Plan, be aware that the website indicates some recent changes in the plan. Unless early on set Alzheimer's has started, a week ago or so the plan was full retail split into 20 payments and upgrade available after 60% of the total paid. Now everything on the website is 24 payments and 75% paid.

Don't forget they upped the amount they give you if your on the edge plan. If your on the 8gb and lower data share then u get $15 discount per line that is on edge. And $25 for I believe 10gb or more. I have the 12gb plan with the extra 3gb promotion and that discount basically pays for my s5 on the edge program. Also I thought I read somewhere if you signed before 6-1-14 u keep the initial edge plan so maybe the new 24 months and 75% paid is for new customers?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I sure hope Motorola keeps true to their word on the fact that the day of extremely expensive flagship phones is over. The curious thing to me is that Verizon is offering a free iPhone if you trade in an iPhone 5 I think the days of blind iPhone following may be coming to an end the Droid turbo or many of the other devices may be a good lure for iPhone users and they can see what a truly new innovative operating system on a mobile phone is all about.

Posted via the Android Central App

With the DROID line, I'm sure Verizon has a bigger voice when it comes to pricing.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463