Droid Turbo to Have a Much Bigger Battery Then We Thought

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Funny, I was looking at a site that has OEM batteries for the Droid Razr Maxx, 3200....and the part number was the same, EB-40. Wonder if that 3,900 siting was real or not?

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
But aren't you using the Gorilla Gadgets extended battery with your S5? I assume you don't have to charge during the day with the extended battery.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
But aren't you using the Gorilla Gadgets extended battery with your S5? I assume you don't have to charge during the day with the extended battery.

I do have the gorilla gadgets but I switch it up sometimes. With the extended battery I get roughly the same battery life I got with the droid maxx. But the extended battery makes the phone a lot thicker a lot uglier and there is next to nothing for cases.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Plus I don't want to spend 500 on a phone and then have to spend another 100 to get battery stuff to make it work the way it should.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I read in an article that this phone will not have Google Now. So there would be no way to ask it questions like sports scores, the weather, etc. I thoght that this was an inherent aspect of the Android/Google OS and was not dependant on phone manufacturer.

Am I missing something?

And, of course, the 64 million dollar question still remains the quality of the camera. Moto cameras have long been a real weak spot. 21 megapixels is impressive but has little to do with ultimate picture quality. If the camera can equal or better the S5 in good light and outdo it in low light, Moto may have a runaway success with this new offering.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I read in an article that this phone will not have Google Now. So there would be no way to ask it questions like sports scores, the weather, etc. I thoght that this was an inherent aspect of the Android/Google OS and was not dependant on phone manufacturer.

Am I missing something?

And, of course, the 64 million dollar question still remains the quality of the camera. Moto cameras have long been a real weak spot. 21 megapixels is impressive but has little to do with ultimate picture quality. If the camera can equal or better the S5 in good light and outdo it in low light, Moto may have a runaway success with this new offering.

You didn't read that. Re-read the article. You couldn't have possibly read that

Posted from the Avengers: Age of Droid Ultra

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
You didn't read that. Re-read the article. You couldn't have possibly read that

Posted from the Avengers: Age of Droid Ultra
Here's the reference:

New Motorola Droid Turbo Has Pro Camera, Wireless Charging

While it won’t have Siri, Cortana, or even OK Google, the Droid Turbo will feature Moto Assist, Motorola’s own virtual assistant smartphone app. Moto Assist will adapt to your routine keeping back all but important calls when you are in a meeting or at home at night. You can also use voice commands to activate voice mail or even tell your phone to ring to allow you find it if it’s been misplaced.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site

The comments to the article tell you all you need to know. That's just incorrect.

Google Now is part of the Google Search app. If it is "Android by Google", it includes Google Search, and therefore, Google Now.

You should read some in-depth's about last year's Moto X -- they tell the most comprehensive tale about how Moto Voice works to expand on the voice functionality of Google Now ("Ok Google"). It builds on that functionality and takes it beyond search/Google Now -- but it doesn't replace it.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
If it is "Android by Google", it includes Google Search, and therefore, Google Now.

And don't forget its still MOTO by Google.