I went to VZ yesterday. I know that not everyone is a phone geek, but the Moto X was there and no one was even interested. All the girls (not being sexist, just reporting what I saw) was with their bf or salesman, all had to have the shiny new Samsung or similar. Didn't even inquire about the Moto X or how its features differ.

Man those marketing guys sure know what they're doing.
    10-12-2014 04:13 PM
    Samsung's snd Apple's marketing budgets are orders of magnitude larger than Moto's, and Verizon isn't pimping the X at all, likely because of the Turbo and Z3. But Moto will get plenty of lobe from Big Red once the Turbo lands, guaranteed.
    10-12-2014 04:20 PM
    And they still could not get preorders out in a timely fashion for the new Moto X...
    10-12-2014 04:45 PM
    And they still could not get preorders out in a timely fashion for the new Moto X...
    I still don't have mine. Canceling the charge on my card bc this non communication and ineptness from Moto is really ticking me off. They probably invested my $170 along with everybody else who has yet to receive their phone in gold stocks and made millions last week. Not cool man...

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-12-2014 05:52 PM
    I went to VZ yesterday. I know that not everyone is a phone geek, but the Moto X was there and no one was even interested. All the girls (not being sexist, just reporting what I saw) was with their bf or salesman, all had to have the shiny new Samsung or similar. Didn't even inquire about the Moto X or how its features differ.

Man those marketing guys sure know what they're doing.
    "Is that really the phone you want?" Question from the Verizon sales rep when I was asking about the opinions to purchase and exact cost to me. Based on past experience, the amount they at the end rarely matches the initial dollar amount.
    10-12-2014 06:01 PM
    I work for Verizon, but I own a new Moto X and will probably get a N6. Keep in mind, Most people aren't into phones like we are. They just go by advertising.
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-21-2014 07:07 PM
    Joe, have you had any hands on time with the turbo?
    10-22-2014 09:12 AM
    Joe, have you had any hands on time with the turbo?
    Most of the Verizon employs won't even know a new phone is coming until its been in the store a couple of weeks. I don't think they get much of an internal heads up - at most a week in advance.
    10-22-2014 10:14 AM