10-27-2014 09:50 PM
37 12
tools
    A taslked to a Verison sales rep about mobile hot spot. He said the hot spots run hot and will ruin your phone. Then tries to sell me a a standalone hot spot and contract. I can not think of a industry that has worse business practices....maybe more real competition is need as ATT and Verison treat us like ****.

Dean
    XDCX likes this.
    10-25-2014 01:59 PM
    A taslked to a Verison sales rep about mobile hot spot. He said the hot spots run hot and will ruin your phone. Then tries to sell me a a standalone hot spot and contract. I can not think of a industry that has worse business practices....maybe more real competition is need as ATT and Verison treat us like ****.

Dean
    Car salesman are just as bad. Lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-25-2014 02:10 PM

Dean
    You know... When I used to run hot spot on my Galaxy Nexus, it got too hot to touch and would constantly drop signal. If I needed it for a prolonged session, I had to take the case and the back cover off and set it on an air conditioning vent, lol.

I don't use hotspot on my Maxx. Does it or the X get super hot, too? (Not that it ruined the phone...)
    10-25-2014 03:20 PM
    I will definitely pass on everything I know as it comes in for the turbo and nexus. After all these are the 2 I'm interested.
    10-25-2014 08:46 PM
    I wasn't questioning his credentials. Just wondering what he did for Verizon and was curious when employees get information on new phones.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4
    I've worked in many positions at Verizon, I've been with them over 10 years.
    10-25-2014 08:51 PM
    Thanks joe
    10-25-2014 10:44 PM
    I live in the Phoenix Metro area and there are lots of VZW store to go to. The one closest to me is the worse. I walked in and asked to purchase a MAXX at full retail. You know like go get me the phone I will pay you and I am out of here. Don't need any info about the phone or how it works just give it to me and I am gone. The rep there said I didn't want the Maxx, I needed the IPhone. I politely said that I had no interest in the I thing and would just like to pay for the MAXX and go. Nope he wouldn't do it. Went on and on. I just turned around in mid sentence and walked out and went to the other VZW store where I had the phone in 2 minutes and walked out. Everyone at the second store was very happy to take my money and be done. So my point is I have met a lot of really good Reps and some not so good.
    10-26-2014 12:14 AM
    I live in the Phoenix Metro area and there are lots of VZW store to go to. The one closest to me is the worse. I walked in and asked to purchase a MAXX at full retail. You know like go get me the phone I will pay you and I am out of here. Don't need any info about the phone or how it works just give it to me and I am gone. The rep there said I didn't want the Maxx, I needed the IPhone. I politely said that I had no interest in the I thing and would just like to pay for the MAXX and go. Nope he wouldn't do it. Went on and on. I just turned around in mid sentence and walked out and went to the other VZW store where I had the phone in 2 minutes and walked out. Everyone at the second store was very happy to take my money and be done. So my point is I have met a lot of really good Reps and some not so good.
    IMO, that's where you need to talk to a store manager. You're trying to give them money and their employee won't take it? They don't have to worry about sudsidy, they get all their device money in one shot. What's to think about? I suppose they get a better commission on the iPhone, but which is the better commission, the one for the Maxx, or nothing at all? If you would've been a new customer or one who might possibly leave, that's just a stupid thing for them to do.

Now I had a similar experience, but it worked out for me. I went in wanting a BB Storm2 or an HTC Tilt Pro 2. The rep guided me over to Android. I was against touchscreen because I figured I'd have a hard time typing without a ton of typos. But I tried typing on the touchscreen of the Droid1 and found no such problems. He mentioned that with the slide out keyboard, I could use that until I got the hang of touchscreen typing. He then cautioned me to wait (this was in March of 2010) because there were a new crop of Android models just around the corner. He directed me to Android Central and Phandroid to keep up on the new models. I ended up with the Droid Incredible and haven't looked back. My original plan was to use the Storm2 or TP2 until the iPhone came to Verizon, but between a dispute with Apple customer service and really clicking with Android, I have no regrets. The rep saved me from a making a bad decision.

So the moral is it all depends on the rep, their knowledge, and if they're more focused on the customer's needs or their own bank account. That rep got a lot more business from me when I brought in 4 other members of my family to get similar phones. If I'd felt he was putting his own needs above me, he wouldn't have got anymore of my business. Sometimes you have to look to find a good rep, but it's worth the effort.
    travaz and pchain like this.
    10-26-2014 02:47 PM
    You know... When I used to run hot spot on my Galaxy Nexus, it got too hot to touch and would constantly drop signal. If I needed it for a prolonged session, I had to take the case and the back cover off and set it on an air conditioning vent, lol.

I don't use hotspot on my Maxx. Does it or the X get super hot, too? (Not that it ruined the phone...)
    on my maxx I left it on all day and it never got hot
    10-26-2014 05:56 PM
    Clearly isn't a corporate store.
    10-27-2014 09:17 AM
    Hey Joe, the article I linked to says the Turbo is actually in the stores in the back as we speak.

Any info on this?

Can you confirm or deny this?
    10-27-2014 09:38 AM
    Clearly isn't a corporate store.
    I am not sure if it is or not. In my experience 99% of the Verizon Stores I go into across the US ( I travel for work so always need a VZW store to buy something I forgot to bring. Anyone need a car charger? LOL) have been excellent with professional and knowledgeable reps. It was just an odd ball experience.
    10-27-2014 09:50 PM
37 12