10-27-2014 10:50 PM
37 12
tools
    Just walked out verizon store pretending to browse around. Rep came to help, asked what I was looking for. Said I looking to buy new phone. He immediately directed me to iPhone 6. I said I had motorola before I like those. He said. We ha e the new moto X, but the turbo which is way better is coming around black Friday! So it looks like a late November release for the phone!
    10-13-2014 08:17 PM
    You know to take what reps say about upcoming devices with a grain of salt, eh? They probably pushed you hard to get a different device.

I think it'll be out sooner than black Friday, but that's my opinion.
    10-13-2014 08:25 PM
    Sucks, I want to get my hands on this, or the nexus 6

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-13-2014 08:26 PM
    Kill me now!
    10-13-2014 08:28 PM
    I was in a Verizon store today and the rep never heard of the Droid Turbo (or the Sony Xperia z3v).
    10-13-2014 08:30 PM
    Just walked out verizon store pretending to browse around. Rep came to help, asked what I was looking for. Said I looking to buy new phone. He immediately directed me to iPhone 6. I said I had motorola before I like those. He said. We ha e the new moto X, but the turbo which is way better is coming around black Friday! So it looks like a late November release for the phone!
    Time for my public service announcement:
    Never ever ever under any circumstances should you ever believe anything a rep tells you. My almost 80 year old mother who has alzheimer's knows about 10 times as much as the very best reps. They know nothing and lie about everything. Their number one goal is to get you to walk out of the store with an iPhone. Don't listen to them as they know absolutely nothing. If they tell you black Friday then the only thing you can be certain of is that black Friday is not when it will be released. So again I say to you don't believe them. Not a single word. Ever.
    10-13-2014 09:03 PM
    I was in a Verizon store today and the rep never heard of the Droid Turbo (or the Sony Xperia z3v).
    Go figure. I was in the store the day the LG G2 was released. I asked to see the phone and they had no idea it was even being released that day. She said, "maybe its in back and they haven't told us about it yet." She went and discovered it and I proceeded to teach her about the phone.
    10-13-2014 09:17 PM
    I was in a Verizon store today and the rep never heard of Black Friday
    10-13-2014 09:18 PM
    I was in a Verizon store today and the rep never heard of the internet. lol
    tgp likes this.
    10-13-2014 09:59 PM
    I was in a Verizon store today and the rep never heard of Verizon.
    10-13-2014 10:25 PM
    I was in a Verizon store today and the rep never heard of a rep. Okay, seriously, on every release of a phone for the past 5 years we (inn'ernet savvy phone geeks) have known more about the release of new phones before any store rep
    imnraged likes this.
    10-13-2014 11:10 PM
    I normally don't listen, but since he volunteered the information I thought it would something I should share!
    pchain likes this.
    10-13-2014 11:22 PM
    A bunch of us have a Motorola phone that got a forced KK update...now this phone doesn't work and all of a sudden Motorola and Verizon has never heard of the thousands of us with this broken phone. (true story)

10-14-2014 12:14 AM
    I was in a Verizon store today and the rep told me I was the rep.

Bamzilla, maxt_63, Laineyc and 2 others like this.
    10-14-2014 12:22 AM
    LAUNCH DATE SET. ALL WILL BE REVEALED.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=6z5_s_Mj
    2 weeks to go.
    pchain likes this.
    10-14-2014 12:56 AM
    Booyaa!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    10-14-2014 01:31 AM
    So you were pretending to browse around in a Verizon store,,,,
    10-16-2014 08:30 PM
    LAUNCH DATE SET. ALL WILL BE REVEALED.
    New Droid Phone Coming Soon – Verizon Wireless
    2 weeks to go.
    That is just when they will "reveal" the information. I don't know why everyone assumes that is the release day. I hope it is, but I doubt it.
    10-16-2014 09:22 PM
    That is just when they will "reveal" the information. I don't know why everyone assumes that is the release day. I hope it is, but I doubt it.
    Maybe not, but I doubt the Black Friday release the OP was talking about is it. That's almost a full month later, and you're gonna have a hard time making people wait that long with phones like the Note 4, Nexus 6, and new iPhones available.

My guess, available that week on Friday the 31st. The only snag there would be the holiday might lower some launch day sales, but people would still have the weekend to pick one up.
    10-16-2014 10:31 PM
    Oh, why not. I was in the Verizon Store today and the rep didn't even know what the Verizon Store was.

It will either be available week ending 10/31 or the next week.
    tgp likes this.
    10-17-2014 07:12 PM
    I work for Verizon and this is a lie. Phone will be out within a week of release. We already got signage in.
    10-25-2014 01:32 AM
    I work for Verizon and this is a lie. Phone will be out within a week of release. We already got signage in.
    Any info on the N6?:-D
    10-25-2014 08:33 AM
    Are you a stir rep? What kind of education do they give you on new phones? And how soon before the release do they give it to you?

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4
    10-25-2014 10:28 AM
    Are you a stir rep? What kind of education do they give you on new phones? And how soon before the release do they give it to you?

Joe The Insider is a stand up guy. He's provided spot on details before so just wait for further info - when he has it he will pass it on.
    mightyfacundo likes this.
    10-25-2014 10:53 AM
    Joe The Insider is a stand up guy. He's provided spot on details before so just wait for further info - when he has it he will pass it on.
    I wasn't questioning his credentials. Just wondering what he did for Verizon and was curious when employees get information on new phones.

10-25-2014 10:55 AM
37 12