Turbo Producing Low Benchmark Scores?

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't expecting two phones with 801 processors to beat the Turbo. The screen isn't very big. I wonder why the S5 and M8 are able to better the Turbo..

Posted via the Android Central App

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, I wouldn't be too concerned since the Note 4 with a similar 805 and QHD screen is performing about the same. Also, you must take the screen into consideration as well. Look at the G3 scores in comparison. In other words, is the QHD worth the performance hit, assuming you would even notice this performance difference in real life. So based off what we know, I see nothing of concern.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Well, I wouldn't be too concerned since the Note 4 with a similar 805 and QHD screen is performing about the same. Also, you must take the screen into consideration as well. Look at the G3 scores in comparison. In other words, is the QHD worth the performance hit, assuming you would even notice this performance difference in real life. So based off what we know, I see nothing of concern.

Yes, I considered screen resolution and the screen size which isn't overwhelmingly large. I am just surprised that 801's are holding their ground. I use an LG G3 and am well aware of the lower scores due to 5.5" of Quad-HD.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
300 points on a graph doesn't mean anything. I figured people would learn this by now

I wasn't condemning the phone. I was merely surprised by the output. Nobody can mention the word "benchmark" without 10 people reminding the OP that scores are often irrelevant. I'm on top of that, buddy. Relax.

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
300 points on a graph doesn't mean anything. I figured people would learn this by now

If people had learned this by now, they wouldn't upgrade their phones every few months to a new phone with only minor spec bumps. But it happens all the time.

Berry me a G

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I for one will admit that Im not too savvy on benchmark test or scores. From a laymans point of view it would seem that a better processor would yield better results..Why is this not the case and can anyone explain how these test do not show the true strength of a phone?

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Why do people care about benchmark scores?

Same reason why car enthusiasts care that a car can do 0-60mph in 4.0 seconds instead of 4.2. It's human nature whether we agree with it or not. Some people are all about numbers while others are all about experience. And I would guess there are some that are combo of both.

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I went from a G3 to GS5. I prefer the GS5 screen over the G3 mainly because I prefer Amoled to LCD. I wasn't blown away by the QHD on the G3. It looked slightly over sharpened and there is very little 4K content out. IMO the GS5 is snappier than my G3 was. I have deblaoted my GS5 and am running Nova launcher. I think the QHD screen definitely affected performance of the G3. But I also thought with the Turbo having the 805 in it that it wouldn't affect performance as much. Looks like it still does. It probably has no effect on day to day use though. Definitely wouldn't be a deal breaker for me if I was looking to buy the phone..

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Can OP provide a link (yeah, I could Google it, but excuses)? We don't even know what test that is. Is it even graphically intensive? Maybe the 805 just doesn't perform as well in that test as the 801?

PS: HTC and Samsung cheat at benchmarks. Just sayin'.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Honestly the way you use your phone is what is going to dictate how the phone performs in real life. IF you are a major power user then you may max out the performance but to most users the benchmarks are not going to matter that much. So basically it all boils down to how you use your phone I think I am going to be quite happy with the 805 in the Droid turbo

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't condemning the phone. I was merely surprised by the output. Nobody can mention the word "benchmark" without 10 people reminding the OP that scores are often irrelevant. I'm on top of that, buddy. Relax.

No...they aren't "often irrelevant" they are always totally and completely irrelevant. You take anyone with a decent amount of skill, give them the phones on the list and half an hour and they can manipulate the scores to completely flip that list upside down or put any phone in any order that they want. Benchmarks don't mean a thing and if you're on top of that then why did you make this thread? The only things benchmarks serve to do is confuse newer users into thinking that certain phones perform at a certain level which isn't even close to being accurate.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
There is not a huge difference between the 801 and the 805, but there is a very large difference between the graphical overhead between 1080p and 1440p. Will it effect benchmarks and super heavy graphics? Absolutely. Will it effect normal use? Probably not.

These same questions raise every time there is a jump in resolution. Gpu's need a little time to exceed their predecessors running lower res displays. We probably won't see a processor/QHD completely win out over the 801/1080p until well into next year.

Sent from my XT1096

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I agree with ^^^ Sadly I was hoping to do some AutoCAD and Pixar quality animated design on my Moto X and Droid Turbo so I'm just really worried about all these benchmarks and stuff...losing sleep :p

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance