11-30-2014 07:40 PM
61 123
tools
    Look folks. I am not sure if you hope the answer will change to something you like if you keep asking the question a little different. But the fact is Verizon announced the phone will not handle voice+data situations until they (Verizon) release Advanced Calling for the phone. The reason is the way the phone is designed and built. It has one radio/antenna so it can currently connect to voice or data since they are on separate frequencies. Advanced Calling will put both voice and data on the 4G frequencies so the phone will be able to handle voice+data in 4G area. OS has absolutely nothing to do with the issue. It is not rocket science. Don't make it harder than it is. Verizon had the phone designed to match the direction of their future business plan.

If you want the real tech level information or Verizon's business reasons, go do some quick Google searches. Lot of data and I am too lazy to type it all in here.
    10-25-2014 09:04 AM
    Look folks. I am not sure if you hope the answer will change to something you like if you keep asking the question a little different. But the fact is Verizon announced the phone will not handle voice+data situations until they (Verizon) release Advanced Calling for the phone. The reason is the way the phone is designed and built. It has one radio/antenna so it can currently connect to voice or data since they are on separate frequencies. Advanced Calling will put both voice and data on the 4G frequencies so the phone will be able to handle voice+data in 4G area. OS has absolutely nothing to do with the issue. It is not rocket science. Don't make it harder than it is. Verizon had the phone designed to match the direction of their future business plan.

If you want the real tech level information or Verizon's business reasons, go do some quick Google searches. Lot of data and I am too lazy to type it all in here.

Looking at the thread, it seems pretty clear that no one has asked the question again, you are just (condescendingly) answering it again (again even for you, as this is your second response). So I'm not sure what you're on about. (Chevyman mentioned that the Note 4 does SV+D without the 1.0 update, but that refers to Advanced Calling 1.0, not the Lollipop update).
    Cauhauna likes this.
    10-25-2014 12:02 PM
    Looking at the thread, it seems pretty clear that no one has asked the question again, you are just (condescendingly) answering it again (again even for you, as this is your second response). So I'm not sure what you're on about. (Chevyman mentioned that the Note 4 does SV+D without the 1.0 update, but that refers to Advanced Calling 1.0, not the Lollipop update).
    Thanks. Condescending is a polite word. I will try to more fully engage my brain before my mouth in the future.
    Revolutionary and Cauhauna like this.
    10-25-2014 12:54 PM
    I went by the VZW store today to check out the Sony Xperia Z3v as I have been thinking about this being my next phone or the Turbo. They had the Z3v set up and I made a call on it and tried to use data for internet or text and it said some default message about "while on a call you will not be able to access services that use data." What a step backwards for these devices. I use data often while on a call so not sure what I will do. This should be clearly labeled on these devices as many people will unknowingly upgrade and have no idea they can no longer do this. By the way, I asked the same question of the manager of the store and he still told me they "can't imagine" you will not be able to use data while on a call when the Turbo comes out.
    10-25-2014 04:54 PM
    I went by the VZW store today to check out the Sony Xperia Z3v as I have been thinking about this being my next phone or the Turbo. They had the Z3v set up and I made a call on it and tried to use data for internet or text and it said some default message about "while on a call you will not be able to access services that use data." What a step backwards for these devices. I use data often while on a call so not sure what I will do. This should be clearly labeled on these devices as many people will unknowingly upgrade and have no idea they can no longer do this. By the way, I asked the same question of the manager of the store and he still told me they "can't imagine" you will not be able to use data while on a call when the Turbo comes out.
    They couldn't imagine? Despite the MotoX suffering from the same thing? Technology should advance forward.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    10-25-2014 04:56 PM
    I got into a argument today with the lady trying to tell me Verizon has never had voice and data simultaneously. She said the only phones that worked was the ones that do it over volte. She actually went in the back to ask the manager and came back out and apologized. She was a very helpful in getting my sister her new note 4 but obviously clueless about how Verizon works. Sad thing is I know for a fact she's worked there for at least 2 years. It's like they have no interest in learning about the products they sell.
    10-25-2014 10:28 PM
    They couldn't imagine? Despite the MotoX suffering from the same thing? Technology should advance forward.

Technically it will advance forward once they get the same footprint for LTE that they currently have for CDMA. Until then it's a step back, kinda the opposite of the quote one step forward and two steps back, with Verizon it's one step back and two steps forward. Unfortunately, the two steps forward are going to take awhile.
    10-26-2014 02:54 PM
    Technically it will advance forward once they get the same footprint for LTE that they currently have for CDMA. Until then it's a step back, kinda the opposite of the quote one step forward and two steps back, with Verizon it's one step back and two steps forward. Unfortunately, the two steps forward are going to take awhile.
    A while could be after the 2 year contract ends, lol.

10-26-2014 02:57 PM
    A while could be after the 2 year contract ends, lol.

I wouldn't doubt that at all. We live on a farm and I put in to let them lease some of our land to put up a tower, but haven't heard anything from them about it. When they have these record years they need to put it back into their infrastructure not just pat themselves on the back and bonuses all around.
    10-26-2014 05:39 PM
    I wonder will the turbo do voice and data at the same time just like the droid maxx does or will it be like the new moto x and only do it over VOLTE ? anybody have any insight?
    11-30-2014 05:20 PM
    Most Verizon phones going forward will support voice+data only VoLTE (4GLTE network areas only). The Moto X(2014) and the Turbo are among the first of these phones. From the reviews, the Z3v is also included in this group. Individuals have posted that the Note 4 is NOT limited to voice+data over VoLTE.
    11-30-2014 07:40 PM
61 123