Verizon Motorola DROID Turbo Is the Countdown for the Reveal or the Launch?

Symthic

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I'd been hoping it meant launch, meaning that we'd be able to buy it on Tuesday. But then I've been hearing from people that in previous situations like this, the countdown was just for an official reveal, and then the phone would go on sale in like three or four weeks. Sounds horrible. But I don't know what to expect.

But then I took a look at the "Droid Does" page just now, and the text says "Droid launch date set."

So does that mean it'll be purchasable on Tuesday? Or will I have to wait a few more tantalizing weeks?

Symthic

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Is the Countdown for the Reveal or the Launch?

More likely later in the week.

Well, that'd be kind of silly to have a countdown to a date just a few days before the actual release. Granted I've never closely followed a phone launch before, so this is all a bit foreign to me.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site

At least that's the general consensus. Verizon doesn't do "several weeks" announcements for it's phones. Verizon tends to release phones on Thursday or Friday after an announcement earlier in the week. But then, they announced the V3z on the 9th and didn't release it until today, so it could be 2 weeks.

But then there's this: http://www.droid-life.com/2014/10/09/droid-turbo-will-have-a-3900mah-battery/
The DROID TURBO has not been announced yet, but sources of ours told us to expect it by October 30, with an announcement on the 28th or 29th.

That was on 10/9, before the Droid Does site went live. They were right about 10/28...

garyart1

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

I too believe that it will be released on the 30th based on Verizon's track record and Droid-life's tip. DL must have a decent source because they just tweeted the $199/599 pricing. My only concern is usually by a week before we start hearing of assessories and promo material hitting Verizon and I have not heard any of that yet.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

My snarky answer is, yes, the countdown is for the reveal or it's for the launch.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

Well, I'm taking the 31st off, and after being disappointing by the Z3v (especially after today's reviews), I really hope to walk into my local VZW store, and walk out with a black Turbo on that date.

Etxpiney

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

I went to Verizon today and tried to get the Note. They didn't have it and I asked about the new droid.. He said the droid turbo would be in store on Thursday

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

This will probably be my next. I've always liked The droid maxxs for the big battery, build quality, radio reception and stock android feel.

Posted via the Android Central App

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site

Either way, I'm going to wait a few weeks to make sure this phone doesn't have any real flaws before I get it. I'm really happy with my OG MotoX thus far with the exception of battery life. I gave my Droid Maxx to my wife as her phone died and got the MotoX off contract. The only think I don't like is having to top it off in the afternoon to make it through the entire day.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

When the M8 was announced, it was available same day so Verizon can do the reveal/launch same day of they so desire.

Posted via the Android Central App

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

As soon as I hear more, I'll let everyone know. We did get signage in yesterday, so that's a good sign. Once we get the demo, that's means we're days away.