This article says they're already in the stores. Quite a departure from the Note 4 announcement followed by months of waiting.

Bravo Motorola.
    Motorola DROID Turbo to be unveiled this Tuesday, launch Thursday?
    10-26-2014 09:51 PM
    $300 on contract is really steep. I'll bet by black Friday/cyber Monday it's down to $200.
    10-27-2014 08:20 AM
    I'm in dire need of a new phone, but am waiting for black Friday in hopes of a mega sale.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-27-2014 08:34 AM
    $300 on contract is really steep. I'll bet by black Friday/cyber Monday it's down to $200.
    Don't some Credit Cards like Discover have price protection for 30 days?
    10-27-2014 08:52 AM
    Don't some Credit Cards like Discover have price protection for 30 days?
    I don't know if that would cover you if, let's say, you bought the phone from the Verizon store, and then Amazon has a Cyber Monday deal where it's $100 off.
    10-27-2014 09:02 AM
    I don't know if that would cover you if, let's say, you bought the phone from the Verizon store, and then Amazon has a Cyber Monday deal where it's $100 off.
    No, it won't work for online purchases. But if you buy from Verizon in store, and Best Buy has a deal, it would cover you for that.
    10-27-2014 09:18 AM
    I read in an article that this phone will not have Google Now. So there would be no way to ask it questions like sports scores, the weather, etc. I thoght that this was an inherent aspect of the Android/Google OS and was not dependant on phone manufacturer.

Am I missing something?

And, of course, the 64 million dollar question still remains the quality of the camera. Moto cameras have long been a real weak spot. 21 megapixels is impressive but has little to do with ultimate picture quality. If the camera can equal or better the S5 in good light and outdo it in low light, Moto may have a runaway success with this new offering.
    10-27-2014 09:36 AM
    I read in an article that this phone will not have Google Now. So there would be no way to ask it questions like sports scores, the weather, etc. I thoght that this was an inherent aspect of the Android/Google OS and was not dependant on phone manufacturer.

Am I missing something?
    That's part of the OS. Where did you read that? There's no way that's accurate. Maybe the default launcher isn't the Google Now launcher?
    10-27-2014 09:42 AM
    That's part of the OS. Where did you read that? There's no way that's accurate. Maybe the default launcher isn't the Google Now launcher?
    Here's the reference:

New Motorola Droid Turbo Has Pro Camera, Wireless Charging

While it won’t have Siri, Cortana, or even OK Google, the Droid Turbo will feature Moto Assist, Motorola’s own virtual assistant smartphone app. Moto Assist will adapt to your routine keeping back all but important calls when you are in a meeting or at home at night. You can also use voice commands to activate voice mail or even tell your phone to ring to allow you find it if it’s been misplaced.
    10-27-2014 10:30 AM
    Joe the Insider says they already have them in the stores as well. Where did you see no Google Now? I can't imagine that.

And yea, they tout this great 21mp camera which seems like overkill, but don't mention anything about better quality. OIS? Just give me a non-sucky 10-15mp camera. It amazes me how much better the pics from my mom's Note3 and friends iPhone come out compared to the crappy ones from my Maxx.
    10-27-2014 10:33 AM
    I think the guy that wrote that article maybe doesn't have a clue since he called Google Now "ok google". Maybe this is a stretch, but if you can't even get the name of the feature correct perhaps you don't have a clue about it. He also talks about the camera going into "pro territory", but I don't think 21mp by itself has anything to do with making it a pro camera. Sony has 20+mp P&S cameras. Nothing pro about just a large picture size.
    10-27-2014 10:42 AM
    The whole Google Now thing, really? All it will take is installing Google Now in the Play Store if that really is the case. Not a deal breaker at all.

The camera thing. My guess is they use Sony's tactic of defaulting to 8mp stills and utilizing the extra megapixels for improved quality. Similar to what the Pureview camera did with Nokia. OIS would be a big boon too. Since I have my RX100 and an OTG cable the camera isn't as big of a deal as it used to be. I say that coming from an M7 and Moto G (1st Gen).

The biggest drawback is the $300 price. If it's truly $600 off contract it's ridiculous they're charging that much with a contract. I'm hoping the rumor from Droid Life is true and that it clocks in at $200. That way you have the X ($100), Turbo ($200), Nexus 6 ($300). At $300 I would hope for more memory and an included Qi charging mat...
    10-27-2014 10:55 AM
    It actually won't have the "ok google" feature like the moto x never did. It has Motorola's always listening version of saying "ok google now" (or custom phrase) while the screen is completely off or on. Google adding the "ok google" to their system last year is the semi equivalent to non Motorola devices

Posted via Android Central App
    10-27-2014 11:31 AM
    Guys, Google now is pre-installed. Please end this argument. Stop believing everything you read lol
    bbqdroid likes this.
    10-27-2014 11:51 AM
    The whole Google Now thing, really? All it will take is installing Google Now in the Play Store if that really is the case. Not a deal breaker at all.

The camera thing. My guess is they use Sony's tactic of defaulting to 8mp stills and utilizing the extra megapixels for improved quality. Similar to what the Pureview camera did with Nokia. OIS would be a big boon too. Since I have my RX100 and an OTG cable the camera isn't as big of a deal as it used to be. I say that coming from an M7 and Moto G (1st Gen).

The biggest drawback is the $300 price. If it's truly $600 off contract it's ridiculous they're charging that much with a contract. I'm hoping the rumor from Droid Life is true and that it clocks in at $200. That way you have the X ($100), Turbo ($200), Nexus 6 ($300). At $300 I would hope for more memory and an included Qi charging mat...
    Every Maxx version has been $300 at launch. People are forgetting this phone has a lot to offer out of the box compared to others.

3900 Mah Battery, turbo charger, wireless charging, Kevlar, 32 Gb storage...
    10-27-2014 11:56 AM
    Every Maxx version has been $300 at launch. People are forgetting this phone has a lot to offer out of the box compared to others.

If I can agree with you, but turn it on its head: Yes, Maxx models have been $300 at launch. But that was to set them up as premium versions of the same phone at $199. If there's only one Droid this year, that seems to suggest Verizon might target $199 to broaden the appeal.
    10-27-2014 11:59 AM
    Is the Snapdragon 805 a 64 bit processor?
    10-27-2014 12:25 PM
    Is the Snapdragon 805 a 64 bit processor?
    No (but who cares?).
    10-27-2014 12:29 PM
    What do you mean who cares? I heard the term 64 bit somewhere and i need MOAR specs!

Posted from the Avengers: Age of Droid Ultra
    10-27-2014 12:33 PM

Rightfully so. If the phone is $600 off contract Verizon is going cheap by only offering a $300 subsidy. A $650 iPhone for $200 would be the comparison.

I'm talking strictly full price phone vs contract pricing. We all know we're getting more phone.
    10-27-2014 12:34 PM
    "We could see..." is not exactly definitive wording on the prices.
    10-27-2014 01:02 PM
    My MAXX is only a year old but I want a Turbo. I think I will wait a few weeks and see what happens to the price. Nothing wrong with my Droid MAXX
    10-27-2014 10:20 PM