Verizon Motorola DROID Turbo Accessories and phones arriving in stores, expect imminent release

copywrite

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: Accessories and phones arriving in stores, expect imminent release

Smooth finish as in Droid Maxx? Or smooth finish as in Droid Ultra?

Any info on the thickness?

Thanks!!

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

565 ppi, 4k video capture and playback, metalilized rear cover with reinforced Kevlar.

2 styles, black or red. Both have a smooth finish.

Also shocking is it has 64 bit access and confirmed is 3gb of ram.

Volte, xlte and advanced calling ready.

Water resistant, 48 battery life..

Awesome, thanks. But smooth as in slippery or grippy but not textured? Also when will the phones be on display, tomorrow?

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Awesome, thanks. But smooth as in slippery or grippy but not textured? Also when will the phones be on display, tomorrow?
black looks textured like the Maxx, Red like the ultra. We only have the Black demo though.

As I display, I dunno. I known we aren't allowed to display until release. It would be a risk for one of us to bring it on the floor be forehand hand.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

I hope you're not talking to Joe and asking him how big of a risk it would be.
Something is seriously wrong if you are expecting someone to take any risk whatsoever just because you can't wait...less than 17 hours now.
Joe's been great with what he's given so far, but to even think about suggesting he take any kind of risk is going way too far.
I hope I'm just misunderstanding your comment.

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

black looks textured like the Maxx, Red like the ultra. We only have the Black demo though.

As I display, I dunno. I known we aren't allowed to display until release. It would be a risk for one of us to bring it on the floor be forehand hand.

Ugh, that's a shame. That red one looked to have the same finish as the black one but I knew it was too good to be true.

Thanks though, I'm going to stop by VZW on my way back from classes tomorrow. Hopefully they make a mistake and put it on display aftr the reveal.

TechJunkie#AC

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Also shocking is it has 64 bit access and confirmed is 3gb of ram.
Water resistant, 48 battery life..

Awesome! Those rumors of this sharing the Nexus 6's 64bit memory bandwidth must be true!! Still not arm_v8 but it'll be last, best v7 out there :)

The water resistance should be expected. I'm hoping for an actual rating, though!

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Awesome! Those rumors of this sharing the Nexus 6's 64bit memory bandwidth must be true!! Still not arm_v8 but it'll be last, best v7 out there :)

The water resistance should be expected. I'm hoping for an actual rating, though!

I'd assume it's water resistance is the same as the previous Droid models. They have a nano coating over the main board and connectors. Not good enough to take a swim with or take underwater pictures, but IIRC either the manual or the marketing materials said it was good enough to survive in a 20 minute downpour.

garyart1

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

This is great info. What is confusing me is in the countdown they have the highly textured model with inset back panel. I can't see then using that image and not release a device to match. The black model we have pictures of so far is not as textured and doesn't have inset panel. It still be interesting to see what is launched tomorrow.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

That's too bad on the finish of the red. I was really hoping it would have the same matte kevlar finish as the black and not the glossy fingerprint magnet as the previous model. I guess black it is then.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Did you actually hold the phone? I'm curious if the built quality was more RZR Maxx HD or Droid Maxx? The RMHD was solid, gap free with no creaks. The Droid Maxx had a gap and creaked for many of us.

I'm hoping for the Rzr HD quality lol.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

willypguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Thank you Joe, going to switch one of my Note 4s out for the Turbo when it is released.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Did you actually hold the phone? I'm curious if the built quality was more RZR Maxx HD or Droid Maxx? The RMHD was solid, gap free with no creaks. The Droid Maxx had a gap and creaked for many of us.

Weird, mine has been perfect, and I got mine right at launch. No gaps or creaks. My Moto X has a creak in the lower middle of the back, where there appears to be a hollow space behind the cover though. But my Maxx has been rock solid in terms if build quality.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Weird, mine has been perfect, and I got mine right at launch. No gaps or creaks. My Moto X has a creak in the lower middle of the back, where there appears to be a hollow space behind the cover though. But my Maxx has been rock solid in terms if build quality.

Maybe I was unlucky at launch. Motorola phones are usually built very well. :)

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I can't confirm if the Red is definitely smooth or not. Like I said, we only had the black demo in. It says in our system for the red that it's a smooth finish, so I'm going based off that. I could be wrong, but from all the pics I've seen, it definitely looks like the ultra finish aka fingerprint magnet.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

It felt and looked better than both, I would have to say the best of both worlds...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar