03-12-2015 06:05 AM
39 12
tools
    The droid dna had capacitive buttons....seems to me that vzw just carried over their design language from HTC to moto. Can't wait to ditch this 2020mah battery and almost double it. I love the capacitive buttons and it will seamlessly carry over to my new turbo!!!!

sent from my Nos M7 DNA
    10-28-2014 10:52 PM
    ..didn't really make it much larger than the Moto X.

http://i.imgur.com/oHGH07v.jpg
    True. Pretty good considering the massive battery increase. But it is thicker /less tapered in the back and noticeably (20%) heavier.

I love the idea of this phone but will definitely have to try holding it in store to be sure if it's a contender for me.

Since I run with my phone, the weight matters to me. The 2013 Moto X feels virtually non-existent in my spi-belt. My 6 Oz Rezound wasn't terrible, but I definitely knew it was there. Plus holding it in hand, you'll notice the 6oz after a while.

Sent from my Moto X
    10-28-2014 10:54 PM
    True. Pretty good considering the massive battery increase. But it is thicker /less tapered in the back and noticeably (20%) heavier.

I love the idea of this phone but will definitely have to try holding it in store to be sure if it's a contender for me.

Since I run with my phone, the weight matters to me. The 2013 Moto X feels virtually non-existent in my spi-belt. My 6 Oz Rezound wasn't terrible, but I definitely knew it was there. Plus holding it in hand, you'll notice the 6oz after a while.

Sent from my Moto X
    Agree, I posted the same thing in another thread. My RMHD is 5.54 oz and it feels heavy compared to most phones. The 64g Turbo is 6.2 oz. That is one heavy sucker.
    10-29-2014 12:25 AM
    I prefer hardware buttons because then I know when and where they'll be at all times, and they'll be more responsive. 0.4" is really not a big deal.
    10-29-2014 03:04 AM
    Because, when your capacitive/off-screen buttons fail (as was the case with many of my various and heavily-used smartphones), you will wish you had on-screen, always-working buttons. I learned my lesson.
    03-04-2015 12:22 PM
    Because, when your capacitive/off-screen buttons fail (as was the case with many of my various and heavily-used smartphones), you will wish you had on-screen, always-working buttons. I learned my lesson.
    Not that I doubt your particular situation, but it's never happened to me, and I suspect it's pretty rare.
    03-04-2015 01:28 PM
    when your capacitive/off-screen buttons fail
    ... you get a new phone!
    03-04-2015 03:49 PM
    Really long thread and not sure if mentioned... but aren't capacitive buttons used due to the potential of burn in with our AMOLED screens?

That's the biggest reason Samsung still uses capacitive.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-04-2015 04:03 PM
    Really long thread and not sure if mentioned... but aren't capacitive buttons used due to the potential of burn in with our AMOLED screens?

That's the biggest reason Samsung still uses capacitive.

I don't know if that was in fact part of the decision to go with capacitive buttons on the Turbo, but it certainly would be a valid one. I had burn in on my Galaxy S3 and so did a friend of mine with the same phone; not from on screen buttons of course, but from other on screen objects.
    03-04-2015 04:16 PM
    I'm pretty sure that companies are using capacitive buttons because they always have,going back to Android 2.x and older. The original Droid had them, the original Galaxy had them, so Verizon and Samsung want their customers who upgrade to feel comfortable with the new phone.

Again, I can use a phone with either method. Physical home button or capacitive or on screen - I can't believe it's all that difficult to get used to any of them if there are other features on the phone (large battery on Droids, good cameras on Samsungs, etc.) that are really important to you. And if the buttons are important to you, whichever way they are, there are great choices for each button choice.
    03-04-2015 04:30 PM
    The capacitive buttons actually was a selling point for me, I had double cataract surgery and if I don't have my glasses I can't see well enough to find erratic soft keys, I always know where my buttons are and that's nice.

03-04-2015 08:49 PM
    Honestly I used to love on screen buttons. They have their pros and con's. But I think the con's outweigh the pros and make me rather have the capacitive. My previous phone was a gnex and it was my first and only phone to have on screen buttons. I loved it. With cyanogenmod I could customize and add buttons and they always changed direction etc and yes you could hide them. But, they burned in imnevitablt and that sucked . then I got the turbo and was bummed about the no on screen buttons but I actually have gotten to like it the best now. I'd rather have the older kit Kat looking buttons and have no bunt in buttons. My droid x before the gnex had physical buttons, they were ok. It for me physical < on screen< capacative
    03-11-2015 08:59 PM
    Yeah. They suck. They left so much burn in on my old phone that I hated it.

03-11-2015 09:28 PM
    .... I'd rather have the older kit Kat looking buttons and have no bunt in buttons. My droid x before the gnex had physical buttons, they were ok. It for me physical < on screen< capacative
    I'll go a step further and say I prefer the old KK buttons. I don't want my Android phone control buttons to look like a PlayStation controller (no PlayStation -- own one).
    03-12-2015 06:05 AM
39 12