Verizon Motorola DROID Turbo It's here!!!!

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: It's here!!!!

That replacement phone for a cracked screen is odd, are they expecting a lot of cracked screens? I can't complain and I've never had a cracked screen, but that seems like an odd benefit to offer unless it is going to be used often.

This is what prefaced the replacement line. "Next up, materials. Motorola says that $13 billion was spent by consumers last year on damaged phones."

I guess they're just trying to one up the competition on this. Unless someone has done screen replacements before? I'm sure the price includes some pro-rated screen replacement charge in it, but it's still a fairly modest price I believe.

TechJunkie#AC

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

I always go naked with my Droids, no case necessary, never had a crack or scratch.

Now if this is true then my Turbo will be running naked with full confidence!

This message was emitted from Uranus

I'm hoping the nylon back is grippier than the gloss! Then I really won't worry about a case. My problem with the Moto X was that it felt like it was going to slip out of my hand being too thin. Same with my One M7. The bulkier battery plus the nylon should relieve all of this!

Again, the warranty on the screen is just icing on the cake!

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Eat that Samsung!!! Motorola for the win!!! P.S. who's your daddy now?

Can't wait for all the trolls to see this....hehe

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
That replacement phone for a cracked screen is odd, are they expecting a lot of cracked screens? I can't complain and I've never had a cracked screen, but that seems like an odd benefit to offer unless it is going to be used often.

Maybe VZW is finally treating their customers like the highest paying subscribers we actually are? That would be a nice change.

Ps. Droid Turbo has Corning Gorilla Glass 3...No different from any other current flagship Android phone.

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

I'll probably be using a family members upgrade (separate account). I wonder if Verizon will still replace the screen or if that nullifies the warranty?

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Eat that Samsung!!! Motorola for the win!!! P.S. who's your daddy now?

Can't wait for all the trolls to see this....hehe

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

I have a feeling the most hate will come from Moto X 2014 early adopters and N6 "whale" riders.

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Absolute dream phone. The 64gb option surprised me in the absolute best way possible. FLAC for days!

Now I'm contemplating whether the 1 screen replacement is enough or if I should go with a SquareTrade warranty...

Flac? No clue on this acronym..
Fear and loathing android central?

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

HTC has offered screen replacements on the M8 I believe. Google did something similar with the N5

Oh I see, didn't know about that. Hm, I bet Verizon will be making a huge deal about this though.

EDIT: FLAC is a lossless audio file. Takes up considerably more space than an mp3.

TechJunkie#AC

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Flac? No clue on this acronym..

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

Free Lossless Audio Codec. I have a lot of music in lossless audio formats that I play with PowerAmp. They take up about 25mb instead of 6mb of MP3's. I thought I was going to just transition to Google Play Music but looks like I don't need to!

When I work out the gym has crappy reception and when I fly I obviously don't have reception so having my music on hand at any time is a big boon!

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Free Lossless Audio Codec. I have a lot of music in lossless audio formats that I play with PowerAmp. They take up about 25mb instead of 6mb of MP3's. I thought I was going to just transition to Google Play Music but looks like I don't need to!

When I work out the gym has crappy reception and when I fly I obviously don't have reception so having my music on hand at any time is a big boon!

What kind of earbuds or BT you like with FLAC? I've never used lossless, but I've been pretty happy with the APT-X support of my Droid Razr M along with my Moto Buds and my Pioneer BT car stereo.

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Thanks. I looked it up saw that definition but wasn't following!!!

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

TechJunkie#AC

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

What kind of earbuds or BT you like with FLAC? I've never used lossless, but I've been pretty happy with the APT-X support of my Droid Razr M along with my Moto Buds and my Pioneer BT car stereo.

When I workout I just use the ones included with the One M7 which are surprisingly good. Leisurely I have Ultimate Ear Triple Fi Pros that I got molded into a custom ear design (highly reccomend!) If I'm at a swim meet competing I'll use my Audio Technica M50's which are, again, phenomenal for the price.

In terms of audio, hopefully this will be unlocked soon and I can get ViperFX on it :)

hazardouse21

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

Has anyone seen if there is a notification LED? Kind of a minor detail but I'll be pretty disappointed if it doesn't have one.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

I think it's silly that many reviewers immediately compare the Turbo to the new Moto X and focus on it's aesthetic shortcomings but (intentionally) overlook all the technological horsepower and advanced features right under the Turbo's hood. It might be a beast, but it's a beast that runs circles around the X in every way...fit nicely into a very similar form factor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae