10-31-2014 12:57 AM
114 1234 ...
tools
    That fabric is only on the back like you see it in the picture. I liked the feel of the phone a lot. I thought that it was going to be slippery but that was not the case at all. When I went into the store I just asked to see a dummy unit but the lady went in the back and pulled out the real thing. I just couldn't turn it on. As far as if the frame is plastic or not it didn't feel like the same frame as the Moto X 2014 edition. I think that it was plastic. I really wasn't feeling for that. The lady was right next to me. I didn't want her to notice me taking these pictures.
    That's good. I was worried that the nylon was going to be slippery. However that's a shame about that frame though. I was really hoping it would be anything other than plastic. I just hope they don't run into issues with some of the creaking. Thanks for the info though.
    10-28-2014 05:51 PM
    I'm pretty sure I read on official Moto website that the Turbo has a "high quality metal frame." I could be wrong... Or maybe it was taking about the metal frame under the kevlar.

This message was emitted from Uranus
    10-28-2014 06:00 PM
    All the reviews I watched today said it is aluminum on all of them
    Xelios likes this.
    10-28-2014 06:00 PM
    No pre-ordering for the Turbo.
    10-28-2014 06:01 PM
    Joe will all stores have the 64?
    10-28-2014 06:02 PM
    It's definitely got a metal frame.
    Xelios, mobrules and dmark44 like this.
    10-28-2014 06:03 PM
    I stopped by my Verizon store and got some hands on time with it. I liked how it felt even though I couldn't turn the phone on. No complaints about the size at all. Yes, just one speaker at the top.

Posted via Android Central App
    Wow, they really don't have the Verizon logo on the back
    10-28-2014 06:04 PM
    Verizon being so cool about things
    10-28-2014 06:05 PM
    How does the supply look.Should I be at my Local Verizon store when they open or would it be safe to wait to later in the day ?
    10-28-2014 06:05 PM
    Wow, they really don't have the Verizon logo on the back
    Not on the ballistic black like the one I had in hand.
    10-28-2014 06:12 PM
    Not on the ballistic black like the one I had in hand.
    And it's definitely a cloth type feel or is it harder than that?
    10-28-2014 06:22 PM
    How does the supply look.Should I be at my Local Verizon store when they open or would it be safe to wait to later in the day ?
    Seeing as how even the "higher up" rep I talked to on the phone didn't even know about the phone... the general public doesn't know either.
    10-28-2014 06:49 PM
    True. But if this Turbo release is anything like the OG Verizon Galaxy phone (Fascinate) or even the OG Droid release... Then my fellow Americans will be inundated with non-stop TV, Internet, radio and print ads about the Turbo starting with Thursday night football

I think Verizon is gonna advertise the heck out of their pet project phone. They will need to with all the recent flagship competition that is out or will be out soon.

10-28-2014 06:56 PM
    And it's definitely a cloth type feel or is it harder than that?
    Harder than cloth but better than the feel of last years droid maxx.
    radyoactive and xweb10 like this.
    10-28-2014 07:00 PM
    Was that article wrong about preorders today? I've been looking and no luck.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    10-28-2014 07:56 PM
    I'll stop by a brick and mortar store on Thursday and weigh between the black nylon 64 GB and the red one. I want a red phone, but the nylon one looks cooler and comes with double the storage for only $2 more a month. My choice will depend on how they feel, but my bet is on the nylon. Unfortunate it doesn't come in red (you'd think it would since it's some special edition), but oh well.

It'll also be my first ever Android phone.
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-28-2014 07:57 PM
    I called my store and they didn't know when they'd be in stock at all (really?) when I asked if they would have the 64gb version in store...
    10-28-2014 08:15 PM
    If they are in stock in my area I will be getting one on Thursday. Within one mile there is a VZW Corp store, VZW Store, and a Best Buy so I am hoping at least one of them has the Turbo
    10-28-2014 08:22 PM
    I bet they have them in stock. I stopped in the local store today to get a new SIM and I live in a city of 30k right now and Verizon said they had them in the back and would be putting them out on Thursday. I didn't ask how many they had on hand, but with the spreads of iPhones and Samsungs and the G3 and Z3 and the old Maxx lines tucked away, I cannot imagine there is going to be a huge rush, but the 2 reps I talked to were definitely aware of them and they said they got to play with one a little and said they are really nice if you liked the moto android experience. I asked about the cameras and they didn't have any feedback.
    dungoyle and mobrules like this.
    10-28-2014 09:51 PM
    So I'll be grabbing one at 10am eastern tomorrow. Already confirmed they have 64gb versions in the back of the store ready to go. Returning my 2014 moto x for it. Although my *dream* phone is a moto x with the turbo's specs, I'll take the droid branding/body for the battery, ram, brand new cpu, and cheap bump to 64gb of storage.
    dmark44 and Siendorf like this.
    10-29-2014 01:48 PM
    So I'll be grabbing one at 10am eastern tomorrow. Already confirmed they have 64gb versions in the back of the store ready to go. Returning my 2014 moto x for it. Although my *dream* phone is a moto x with the turbo's specs, I'll take the droid branding/body for the battery, ram, brand new cpu, and cheap bump to 64gb of storage.
    I'm happy for you Clocks! I know it was hard to return the X for me as well, but the Turbo will make us forget about that quickly

10-29-2014 01:52 PM
    Very happy for you. I called 3 stores today, and only one of them said that they "may" have the 64GB version. The other two said "no" or "I don't know". Hopefully I will be able to score one tomorrow, and hopefully without going to more than one store.
    10-29-2014 02:01 PM
    Sucks I sold my nexus 5 two days ago and I wont have my 2014 moto x either to do side-by-sides on the camera. I'll see if I can hang onto the moto x and ship it back myself so I can do camera comparisons when I get home.

Worst case I can use my wife's note 3 to post some comparisons.
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-29-2014 02:04 PM
    I went to two VzW stores today. One was vague about what they had in stock. The other store was much more open. They have "plenty in stock for tomorrow", and the rep told me they had several 64gb in stock as well. He all but assured me that if I came in before noon on Thursday (I'll be there when they open at 10) that I wouldn't have any problem picking up a 64gb Turbo.

I also noticed that they had 4 or 5 different Turbo cases on the shelves already. Both the Defender and Commuter cases for the Turbo as well as 2 or 3 others. That was a surprise.

Bonus number two. I called customer service and already have it set up so that when I use my daughter's upgrade to pick up the Turbo, all I'll need to do is call back after I have the phone in hand and they'll do the "switch" at their end so I can transfer the phone over to my number and not jeopardize my unlimited data plan.

Tomorrow looks to be a fine day.
    10-29-2014 02:18 PM
    I went to two VzW stores today. One was vague about what they had in stock. The other store was much more open. They have "plenty in stock for tomorrow", and the rep told me they had several 64gb in stock as well. He all but assured me that if I came in before noon on Thursday (I'll be there when they open at 10) that I wouldn't have any problem picking up a 64gb Turbo.

I also noticed that they had 4 or 5 different Turbo cases on the shelves already. Both the Defender and Commuter cases for the Turbo as well as 2 or 3 others. That was a surprise.

Bonus number two. I called customer service and already have it set up so that when I use my daughter's upgrade to pick up the Turbo, all I'll need to do is call back after I have the phone in hand and they'll do the "switch" at their end so I can transfer the phone over to my number and not jeopardize my unlimited data plan.

Tomorrow looks to be a fine day.
    Let me know how you like it! I'm ordering mine online tonight if it goes live because I don't have 40 minutes this week to wait in a store. That's the minimum with these guys of there is no wait time for a representative lol. Can't wait to get my phone and tempered glass on and ready to go.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    10-29-2014 04:06 PM
114 1234 ...