10-31-2014 12:57 AM
114 12345
tools
    I'll be there shortly after opening to get a 64gb.
    10-29-2014 04:21 PM
    I swung by Verizon after work today and they insisted there was no preorder on the turbo and they have plenty of stock so tomorrow I'm picking up the 64gb one
    10-29-2014 04:27 PM
    I swung by Verizon after work today and they insisted there was no preorder on the turbo and they have plenty of stock so tomorrow I'm picking up the 64gb one
    Ditto.
    10-29-2014 04:36 PM
    Will do. I retired early at age 53 so I've got time on my hands for that "40 minute minimum" wait.
    Full disclosure: I worked 30 years for Verizon Communications (not Vz Wireless).
    Well, AT&T/C&PTelephone/BellAtlantic/Verizon that is. All 30 years in IT.
    But I get no special treatment other than a few Vz retiree discounts.
    I'm at risk just like anyone else at losing my grandfathered unlimited data plan if I make any missteps when upgrading my phones.
    10-29-2014 04:39 PM
    I called my local Verizon store and the rep acted completely put out by the question of whether or not they would have 64gb for sale tomorrow. Yet another reason why dealing with bad in store reps is a PITA. If I wasn't near the end of my exchange period with the Note 4 I upgraded to I would just order it online. Oh well I'll be there when they open in the morning. I'm sure they will get a good laugh at the creeper outside waiting for the doors to unlock.
    10-29-2014 04:44 PM
    Will do. I retired early at age 53 so I've got time on my hands for that "40 minute minimum" wait.
    Full disclosure: I worked 30 years for Verizon Communications (not Vz Wireless).
    Well, AT&T/C&PTelephone/BellAtlantic/Verizon that is. All 30 years in IT.
    But I get no special treatment other than a few Vz retiree discounts.
    I'm at risk just like anyone else at losing my grandfathered unlimited data plan if I make any missteps when upgrading my phones.
    Thank you.

I could make it in the store without issue but even waiting 10 extra minutes would be cutting it close this week. I can't wait to get my hands on a new phone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    10-29-2014 04:45 PM
    The only large Verizon store near me is the full setup one in the local mall. Looks like they do not have any 64gig ones even though they are putting together a huge Droid display at this time. Guess I will be ordering it online.
    10-29-2014 05:15 PM
    I called my local Verizon store and the rep acted completely put out by the question of whether or not they would have 64gb for sale tomorrow. Yet another reason why dealing with bad in store reps is a PITA. If I wasn't near the end of my exchange period with the Note 4 I upgraded to I would just order it online. Oh well I'll be there when they open in the morning. I'm sure they will get a good laugh at the creeper outside waiting for the doors to unlock.
    I got the same thing tonight. the guy just completely brushed me off over the phone. He couldn't even say he knew about the device. Policies may be policies but that just irks me in the worst way.

I might just call in tomorrow morning and get it delivered on Friday. I have to have special permission to upgrade early due to a conflict with another line on my account. The rep on the phone said it was no problem but like anyone I want it the day of release. I have a feeling I'd be wasting time going into the store and trying to convince the manager to let me upgrade early. The phone rep said the store could do it but I've never met a nice store manager...
    10-29-2014 05:21 PM
    Its crazy that some reps act like they don't know it exists(I'm sure some of them don't really know, but some of them are acting). It's hard to believe its actually a policy not to talk about the phone a day early. The Verizon near where I work already has a Turbo display up. Its the first display you see when you walk in the store. It has the red and black MGF versions with a couple of cases. I got play with them a little bit today. Looking forward to lunch tomorrow so I can pick one up.
    10-29-2014 05:36 PM
    I won't be picking one up on Thursday, but will as soon as they have some good deals on their plans. I'm still on unlimited data, but only use about 1GB per month. I don't mind dropping to a 2GB plan, but just don't want to pay any more than I'm paying now.
    Just keep in mind those unlimited plans are like gold...I'm not sure how it works but people have sold them for hundreds of dollars. I even had a Verizon rep tell me he bought one!

Posted via the HTC One
    10-29-2014 06:56 PM
    Just keep in mind those unlimited plans are like gold...I'm not sure how it works but people have sold them for hundreds of dollars. I even had a Verizon rep tell me he bought one!

Posted via the HTC One
    My kids (YouTube streaming doofuses) absolutely HATE the fact that their old man has an unlimited data plan and uses less than 1GB/month while they have to use mostly WiFi and be careful with their 2GB/month data limits.

I don't use my unlimited data plan much .... but I always know that I could. I like knowing that.
    10-29-2014 07:03 PM

Posted via the HTC One
    Also it has been said that if you find a CS rep who knows what they are doing a udp can be coverted to a 6gb $30 max plan that is eligble for upgrades.
    10-29-2014 07:04 PM
    I called my local store and they said I should be able to go at 1130 without much issue. If I go then I should be able to go in and out without much issue. Hopefully they have tempered glass or I'll have to get a cheap plastic protector until they do.

I'm also considering a Droid and case with no protector. I'm sort of sick of worrying about these so much lol.
    10-29-2014 07:05 PM
    Hoping Best Buy gets them available for online shipping so I can upgrade UDP.
    Doesn't look like best buy will be getting this, verizon exculsive and all.....just for kicks went into BB and not one mobile rep even new a new 'droid ' was coming out....sad! looked through their system and nothing in it or expected.....
    10-29-2014 07:06 PM
    Doesn't look like best buy will be getting this, verizon exculsive and all.....just for kicks went into BB and not one mobile rep even new a new 'droid ' was coming out....sad! looked through their system and nothing in it or expected.....
    Those people shouldn't be working in the mobile department. Whether BB gets the phone or not they should know.

10-29-2014 07:07 PM
    Unlimited data and a slingbox, and a turbo.
    It's a great time to be alive!
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-29-2014 07:10 PM
    I ordered my 32 GB Turbo in Black Metallic Glass for in store pick up. I'm not worried about stock running low but better to be safe rather than sorry. I'll check out cases and the display protectors tomorrow while I'm there. Can't wait!

10-30-2014 12:27 AM
    I really hope the Turbo comes to the UK. I've been wanting away from my iPhone for some time. It was just a case of waiting for the right Android phone to come along - and here it is!!!

So, if it doesn't get released to market in Europe, and in particular the UK, if I was to buy one on-line, say in Best Buys, would it work on the UK's phone system?

Cheers guys.
    10-30-2014 01:04 AM
    I really hope the Turbo comes to the UK. I've been wanting away from my iPhone for some time. It was just a case of waiting for the right Android phone to come along - and here it is!!!

So, if it doesn't get released to market in Europe, and in particular the UK, if I was to buy one on-line, say in Best Buys, would it work on the UK's phone system?

Cheers guys.
    You may very well get your wish.

http://m.pocketnow.com/2014/10/29/in...al-droid-turbo

10-30-2014 01:20 AM
    I ordered my 32 GB Turbo in Black Metallic Glass for in store pick up. I'm not worried about stock running low but better to be safe rather than sorry. I'll check out cases and the display protectors tomorrow while I'm there. Can't wait!

It shows 1 available for in store pickup near me. I couldn't get the Turbo code to work on subtotal page so it is trying to charge me $30 upgrade fee and no option for $100 trade in discount

Not sure how to get this deal to work online for in store pickup.

EDIT: A note pops up and says they will send a promotion code and instructions by email and text within 5 days of activation of Turbo with new 2yr activation on EDGE program. Then you can send in any smart phone in good working condition for a $100 VZW gift card via mail.

EDIT2: I confirmed you have to pay the upgrade fee at time of purchase and it will be credited on a later bill. Also confirmed that any upgrade with new 2yr contract qualifies for $100 trade in offer

This message was emitted from Uranus
    10-30-2014 01:41 AM
    It shows 1 available for in store pickup near me. I couldn't get the Turbo code to work on subtotal page so it is trying to charge me $30 upgrade fee and no option for $100 trade in discount

Not sure how to get this deal to work online for in store pickup.

EDIT: A note pops up and says they will send a promotion code and instructions by email and text within 5 days of activation of Turbo with new 2yr activation on EDGE program. Then you can send in any smart phone in good working condition for a $100 VZW gift card via mail.

I guess this counts me out of the deal bc I'm not doing EDGE

Bummer.

I didn't have any notice of how many phones were available at my store. It went through and I got an email saying its ready for pick up even though they're closed. Lol

10-30-2014 02:04 AM
    Something I noticed on my (2yr contract from no contract upgrading an old non-smartphone) order tonight was that the order page (web site shopping cart) showed the upgrade fee (30) and no tax but, once the deal went through and was processed, the back-end document retrieved from my account (the area where the old bills can be found) showed the correct tax (California) and no upgrade fee.
    10-30-2014 02:11 AM
    I finally got it ordered. 64GB Ballistic Black for in store pickup = $301.36 including upgrade fee and taxes. Once I receive the promotional credits it will bring the total down to $171.36 (with 2yr contract extension)

10-30-2014 02:48 AM
    Bummer.

I didn't have any notice of how many phones were available at my store. It went through and I got an email saying its ready for pick up even though they're closed. Lol

How long did it take after purchase til you got the "ready for pickup" email?

Mine said "don't go to the store yet, we are still processing your order"

10-30-2014 02:54 AM
    How long did it take after purchase til you got the "ready for pickup" email?

Mine said "don't go to the store yet, we are still processing your order"

I ordered at 12:26 AM CST and got the pick up email at 12:53 AM CST. Of course, no one was in the store so its all automated junk.

KSDroid01 likes this.
    10-30-2014 03:01 AM
114 12345