Verizon Motorola DROID Turbo Who's picking one up on Thursday?

Symthic

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Who's picking one up on Thursday?

I'll stop by a brick and mortar store on Thursday and weigh between the black nylon 64 GB and the red one. I want a red phone, but the nylon one looks cooler and comes with double the storage for only $2 more a month. My choice will depend on how they feel, but my bet is on the nylon. Unfortunate it doesn't come in red (you'd think it would since it's some special edition), but oh well.

It'll also be my first ever Android phone.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I called my store and they didn't know when they'd be in stock at all (really?) when I asked if they would have the 64gb version in store...

-Myk-

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
If they are in stock in my area I will be getting one on Thursday. Within one mile there is a VZW Corp store, VZW Store, and a Best Buy so I am hoping at least one of them has the Turbo

al2fast

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I bet they have them in stock. I stopped in the local store today to get a new SIM and I live in a city of 30k right now and Verizon said they had them in the back and would be putting them out on Thursday. I didn't ask how many they had on hand, but with the spreads of iPhones and Samsungs and the G3 and Z3 and the old Maxx lines tucked away, I cannot imagine there is going to be a huge rush, but the 2 reps I talked to were definitely aware of them and they said they got to play with one a little and said they are really nice if you liked the moto android experience. I asked about the cameras and they didn't have any feedback.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
So I'll be grabbing one at 10am eastern tomorrow. Already confirmed they have 64gb versions in the back of the store ready to go. Returning my 2014 moto x for it. Although my *dream* phone is a moto x with the turbo's specs, I'll take the droid branding/body for the battery, ram, brand new cpu, and cheap bump to 64gb of storage.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
So I'll be grabbing one at 10am eastern tomorrow. Already confirmed they have 64gb versions in the back of the store ready to go. Returning my 2014 moto x for it. Although my *dream* phone is a moto x with the turbo's specs, I'll take the droid branding/body for the battery, ram, brand new cpu, and cheap bump to 64gb of storage.

I'm happy for you Clocks! I know it was hard to return the X for me as well, but the Turbo will make us forget about that quickly :)

This message was emitted from Uranus

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Very happy for you. I called 3 stores today, and only one of them said that they "may" have the 64GB version. The other two said "no" or "I don't know". Hopefully I will be able to score one tomorrow, and hopefully without going to more than one store.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Sucks I sold my nexus 5 two days ago and I wont have my 2014 moto x either to do side-by-sides on the camera. I'll see if I can hang onto the moto x and ship it back myself so I can do camera comparisons when I get home.

Worst case I can use my wife's note 3 to post some comparisons.

surfpirate

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I went to two VzW stores today. One was vague about what they had in stock. The other store was much more open. They have "plenty in stock for tomorrow", and the rep told me they had several 64gb in stock as well. He all but assured me that if I came in before noon on Thursday (I'll be there when they open at 10) that I wouldn't have any problem picking up a 64gb Turbo.

I also noticed that they had 4 or 5 different Turbo cases on the shelves already. Both the Defender and Commuter cases for the Turbo as well as 2 or 3 others. That was a surprise.

Bonus number two. I called customer service and already have it set up so that when I use my daughter's upgrade to pick up the Turbo, all I'll need to do is call back after I have the phone in hand and they'll do the "switch" at their end so I can transfer the phone over to my number and not jeopardize my unlimited data plan.

Tomorrow looks to be a fine day.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I went to two VzW stores today. One was vague about what they had in stock. The other store was much more open. They have "plenty in stock for tomorrow", and the rep told me they had several 64gb in stock as well. He all but assured me that if I came in before noon on Thursday (I'll be there when they open at 10) that I wouldn't have any problem picking up a 64gb Turbo.

I also noticed that they had 4 or 5 different Turbo cases on the shelves already. Both the Defender and Commuter cases for the Turbo as well as 2 or 3 others. That was a surprise.

Bonus number two. I called customer service and already have it set up so that when I use my daughter's upgrade to pick up the Turbo, all I'll need to do is call back after I have the phone in hand and they'll do the "switch" at their end so I can transfer the phone over to my number and not jeopardize my unlimited data plan.

Tomorrow looks to be a fine day.
Let me know how you like it! I'm ordering mine online tonight if it goes live because I don't have 40 minutes this week to wait in a store. That's the minimum with these guys of there is no wait time for a representative lol. Can't wait to get my phone and tempered glass on and ready to go.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

anthony81586

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I swung by Verizon after work today and they insisted there was no preorder on the turbo and they have plenty of stock so tomorrow I'm picking up the 64gb one

surfpirate

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Will do. I retired early at age 53 so I've got time on my hands for that "40 minute minimum" wait.
Full disclosure: I worked 30 years for Verizon Communications (not Vz Wireless).
Well, AT&T/C&PTelephone/BellAtlantic/Verizon that is. All 30 years in IT.
But I get no special treatment other than a few Vz retiree discounts.
I'm at risk just like anyone else at losing my grandfathered unlimited data plan if I make any missteps when upgrading my phones.

flackberry

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I called my local Verizon store and the rep acted completely put out by the question of whether or not they would have 64gb for sale tomorrow. Yet another reason why dealing with bad in store reps is a PITA. If I wasn't near the end of my exchange period with the Note 4 I upgraded to I would just order it online. Oh well I'll be there when they open in the morning. I'm sure they will get a good laugh at the creeper outside waiting for the doors to unlock.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Will do. I retired early at age 53 so I've got time on my hands for that "40 minute minimum" wait.
Full disclosure: I worked 30 years for Verizon Communications (not Vz Wireless).
Well, AT&T/C&PTelephone/BellAtlantic/Verizon that is. All 30 years in IT.
But I get no special treatment other than a few Vz retiree discounts.
I'm at risk just like anyone else at losing my grandfathered unlimited data plan if I make any missteps when upgrading my phones.
Thank you.

I could make it in the store without issue but even waiting 10 extra minutes would be cutting it close this week. I can't wait to get my hands on a new phone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
The only large Verizon store near me is the full setup one in the local mall. Looks like they do not have any 64gig ones even though they are putting together a huge Droid display at this time. Guess I will be ordering it online.

TechJunkie#AC

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I called my local Verizon store and the rep acted completely put out by the question of whether or not they would have 64gb for sale tomorrow. Yet another reason why dealing with bad in store reps is a PITA. If I wasn't near the end of my exchange period with the Note 4 I upgraded to I would just order it online. Oh well I'll be there when they open in the morning. I'm sure they will get a good laugh at the creeper outside waiting for the doors to unlock.

I got the same thing tonight. the guy just completely brushed me off over the phone. He couldn't even say he knew about the device. Policies may be policies but that just irks me in the worst way.

I might just call in tomorrow morning and get it delivered on Friday. I have to have special permission to upgrade early due to a conflict with another line on my account. The rep on the phone said it was no problem but like anyone I want it the day of release. I have a feeling I'd be wasting time going into the store and trying to convince the manager to let me upgrade early. The phone rep said the store could do it but I've never met a nice store manager...

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Its crazy that some reps act like they don't know it exists(I'm sure some of them don't really know, but some of them are acting). It's hard to believe its actually a policy not to talk about the phone a day early. The Verizon near where I work already has a Turbo display up. Its the first display you see when you walk in the store. It has the red and black MGF versions with a couple of cases. I got play with them a little bit today. Looking forward to lunch tomorrow so I can pick one up.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Who's picking one up on Thursday?

I won't be picking one up on Thursday, but will as soon as they have some good deals on their plans. I'm still on unlimited data, but only use about 1GB per month. I don't mind dropping to a 2GB plan, but just don't want to pay any more than I'm paying now.

Just keep in mind those unlimited plans are like gold...I'm not sure how it works but people have sold them for hundreds of dollars. I even had a Verizon rep tell me he bought one!

Posted via the HTC One

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon