Verizon Motorola DROID Turbo Who's picking one up on Thursday?

hazardouse21

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Just went to the store to check them out but I haven't received the battery for my old Droid X yet so I couldn't trade it in to buy one. Gah, they're so pretty! I'll have to go back this weekend. Hopefully they still have the 64gb in stock - the guy said they have 5 or 6 of them.

datagrrl

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I went to the store at 10am. Planned on the red, but got the 64 and a red case. No Verizon branding. There is a red 64 line under the DROID branding. Liked the texture on the nylon if I ever go naked.

First phone without an SD card. I have been carrying the same 32GB card forever. I need to figure out what to do with that.

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I went to the store at 10am. Planned on the red, but got the 64 and a red case. No Verizon branding. There is a red 64 line under the DROID branding. Liked the texture on the nylon if I ever go naked.

First phone without an SD card. I have been carrying the same 32GB card forever. I need to figure out what to do with that.

Thanks for that. For some reason, I had this strong desire to avoid any VZW branding on a phone :p

Another thread mentioned potential issues with cases and the 64GB model due to thickness of the phone. What's your impressions with that?

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
whats so special about the new Turbo?

Long, long, battery life--2 days worth, plus you can charge 8 hours more battery life in 15 minutes (hence the name Turbo)
Beautiful display--1440 X 2560, 565 pixels per inch; Apple 6 plus = 1080 X 1920, 401 pixels per inch; Samsung GS5 1080 X 1920, 432 ppi
Latest speedy processor, 3GB RAM
Legendary Motorola radio reception
Build quality, solid feel, handles great
Minimal skin laid on top of stock Android. Phone is almost stock Android.

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
One negative about living so far from a store and having to order online is wow, VZW phone order support is, well, interesting. Had a good time this morning straightening out a fraud decline from my card issuer to get the phone out today. Good thing I didn't take the reps word for granted last night and followed up. Weird thing is Chase declined the phone order charge but approved the usual monthly account payment from the same card 20 minutes later. Different parts of Verizon, probably. Oh, well.

Looking forward to reading first impressions from those who picked up their phones at stores today!

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Store refused to sell me the phone using my daughters upgrade even after talking to customer service and them saying they would just switch it too my line to keep unlimited.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just picked it up! I was going to get the black glass but man it felt cheap. I could feel the backing on the display unit popping like its loose glue. Tried a Ballistic Nylon and it feels great! Premium and overall more grippy if you don't use a case. I gotta activate it still though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414688244904.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414688244904.jpg
    560.8 KB · Views: 33

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
My Turbo is in my hands! Can't recommend the Ballistic Nylon enough. It looks and feels spectacular. Now to see what this beast can do... TTFN

EDIT: The reception and call clarity in this thing is amazing. Go Moto!

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Just picked it up! I was going to get the black glass but man it felt cheap. I could feel the backing on the display unit popping like its loose glue. Tried a Ballistic Nylon and it feels great! Premium and overall more grippy if you don't use a case. I gotta activate it still though.

Welcome back to Moto Droid :p

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My Turbo is in my hands! Can't recommend the Ballistic Nylon enough. It looks and feels spectacular. Now to see what this beast can do... TTFN

EDIT: The reception and call clarity in this thing is amazing. Go Moto!

I gotta work soon so it'll go through the paces of setup today. I can sit there and play with my new phone. Woohoo!

Love the nylon. So sweet! And my S5 couldn't go soon enough. 8% battery drop on an hour of standby. Rogue app is saying bye Lol

surfpirate

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Yeah pretty sure they killed that method for keeping unlimited awhile back.
Nope. That's exactly what I did .... used the upgrade on my daughter's phone (same family plan), went home and a half hour later had her number switched back to old Galaxy S4 and had the 64GB Turbo switched to my number with my unlimited data plan.

Unless he meant his daughter's phone was on an entirely different account.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I gotta work soon so it'll go through the paces of setup today. I can sit there and play with my new phone. Woohoo!

Love the nylon. So sweet! And my S5 couldn't go soon enough. 8% battery drop on an hour of standby. Rogue app is saying bye Lol

Curious how it compares to your S5 when you have time?