Verizon Motorola DROID Turbo Trade in "Any" smartphone for Turbo?

pdarrah

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I've seen a couple articles say that Verizon is offering a $100 discount when you buy Droid Turbo if you trade in "ANY" smartphone. Any clue if they really mean ANY smartphone? I have 2 blackberry smartphones. Blackberry Bold & Blackberry 8830 Worldwide edition. Would they really give me a discount for either of these old phones?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Trade in "Any" smartphone for Turbo?

Verizon is giving my mom $200 for trading-in a BlackBerry 8700 after buying a new iPhone 6 Plus.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

I'd love to get details on this but can't find them anywhere. If i can trade in my Bionic for $100 i might have to do it.

Posted from the Avengers: Age of Droid Ultra

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

I've heard this might be for limited markets like LA and San Antonio. Anybody have more details?

This message was emitted from Uranus

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I've heard this might be for limited markets like LA and San Antonio. Anybody have more details?

Verizon's website talks about it so I think its anywhere.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

brybelle22

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

Do you have to sign up for edge or more everything plan to get the credit? I might be able to round up an old Droid 2.

pdarrah

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

Pretty sure $100 is Waaaaay more than I could get for either Blackberry anywhere else LOL! The kicker may be the "good working condition" - I have no clue if either will turn on anymore. They've been sitting in a box under my desk for 2 years. I plugged them in before I left the office this afternoon, so we'll see if they charge....

My current phone is a RAZR M which I'm sure I could trade (again, I doubt I could get more than $100 for it elsewhere). I've never traded in my current phone when getting a new one before. Any suggestions on how to be certain I have everything important saved before handing it over? (I assume I should factory reset before letting them take it to get my personal info off there.) In the past, I've always had my old phone around and if I discovered something wasn't on my new phone I could just go get it off the old one...

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

I'm in the same boat. Currently have the (now crippled) Razr M, but I'm not going to trade in my current phone. I will trade in my 4yo Samsung Fascinate instead. Same for my wife. I knew those old phones would come in handy someday!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Here's a link to the online trade-in appraisal system. Don't think I would ever use this system when I can get so much more selling on Craigslist. Just sold my Moto X 32 GB for $475; pretty sure Verizon wouldn't have given me that much for it.

https://www.trade-in.vzw.com/home.php5#top

They were going to give me $30 for an iPhone 4, $1 for a BlackBerry 8700.

With a promo code, it got bumped to $200 even.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

They were going to give me $30 for an iPhone 4, $1 for a BlackBerry 8700.

With a promo code, it got bumped to $200 even.

So, are you going to share how to get the promo code?

ajc312

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Here's a link to the online trade-in appraisal system.

I read the $100 trade-in promotion to be different from the normal Verizon appraisal. The $100 promotion seems to cover any smartphone, while Verizon's online appraisal offered me significantly less for my Razr Maxx HD.

When I got the RMHD two years ago I took advantage of a similar trade-in promotion: Motorola was offering a trade-in bonus for any Motorola devices that weren't getting Jelly Bean.

Edit: Any indication that we can get the $100 trade-in if we sign up for EDGE? Or will that be 2-year contract purchases only?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

So, are you going to share how to get the promo code?

Came with the purchase of a new phone.

My mom bought an iPhone 6 Plus outside of the original $200 iPhone 4 and up trade-up promotion. Verizon texted her the promo code shortly after purchase.

Looking at the DROID TURBO offer, it looks like it's a $100 minimum regardless of what the previous working smartphone was. I'd imagine if I purchased the DROID TURBO and traded in the same BlackBerry 8700 that my mom traded in, it would show the $1 appraisal value plus $99 from the promo to hit the $100 minimum.

TechJunkie#AC

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Just got off the phone with Verizon. I was hoping to maybe get mine ordered today. No dice.

However He did tell me that it's ANY smartphone from ANY carrier that gets turned in. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid