Verizon Motorola DROID Turbo Trade in "Any" smartphone for Turbo?

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I asked this in two other threads but didn't get a response, so I'll try it here.

I ordered a 64GB Turbo online and paid full retail for it. Two questions. First, does the $100 trade in code go out with every phone, or did I need to do something when I was ordering it to get it? Second, since I paid full retail for the phone to keep my UDP and current discounts, am I still eligible for the trade-in discount? The press release mentions that you can get the discount with a new two year agreement, but doesn't say if you can get it paying full retail.

Any help is appreciated.

The rep at corporate store led me to believe the code goes out automatically some days after purchase. From all I've read and heard it doesn't look like you will be eligible without contract/edge. They want to make sure they are not subsidizing customers who could leave at will with no cost.

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The rep at corporate store led me to believe the code goes out automatically some days after purchase. From all I've read and heard it doesn't look like you will be eligible without contract/edge. They want to make sure they are not subsidizing customers who could leave at will with no cost.

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo

Well I wouldn't say with no cost, I've been with them for 17 years. ;)

pdarrah

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Just to follow up from when I started this thread: Yesterday we setup a new More everything contract with Verizon and used Edge for 2 Droid Turbo phones. We traded in 2 ancient blackberries (8830 & 8330) - from 2008 - and received a $200 credit on our bill. (Taking it as a Verizon gift card was also an option). No fuss, no muss - totally easy transaction. (Joe - just an FYI - the Verizon rep was friendly, polite and reasonably knowledgeable!)

mspace81

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I traded in my Maxx and was able to receive my $100 off the turbo instantly at the Verizon store. It was a win since, I got the maxx for free.

Posted via Android Central App

Bamzilla

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I traded in an ancient Droid Eris and my rep didn't know about the $100 trade in promo (it was displayed right with the Turbos on display and had it on a video inside the door). He found out about it and checked that the Eris was functional and I got $100 off right there instead of a gift card which was sweet.

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Seems like this is the right place for this question. I found my old Droid Incredible, charged and it works... I'm buying the turbo at full retail. Can someone confirm the $100 discount/gift card apply when buying at full retail?

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Seems like this is the right place for this question. I found my old Droid Incredible, charged and it works... I'm buying the turbo at full retail. Can someone confirm the $100 discount/gift card apply when buying at full retail?

I haven't heard of a single case where that has worked but it can't hurt to bring it in with you and try it.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
MotoTurboSmart100 code doesn't seem to work at trade-in.vzw.com

For those that didn't do the trade-in at the store, have you received any text message from Verizon with a Promo Code?

I was reading on verizonwireless.com that they will send a promo code within 5 days of activating the device.

spalt

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Trade in "Any" smartphone for Turbo?

does anyone know what the deal is with this? the MotoTurboSmart100 code still doesn't work. no one at verizon knows what the deal is. the people at the device trade in number (877-835-2024) don't know what the deal is. typical verizon cluster****!

fonger13

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

does anyone know what the deal is with this? the MotoTurboSmart100 code still doesn't work. no one at verizon knows what the deal is. the people at the device trade in number (877-835-2024) don't know what the deal is. typical verizon cluster****!

I ordered online then went to the store and did the trade in, got the $100 no problem.

fonger13

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
MotoTurboSmart100 code doesn't seem to work at trade-in.vzw.com

For those that didn't do the trade-in at the store, have you received any text message from Verizon with a Promo Code?

I was reading on verizonwireless.com that they will send a promo code within 5 days of activating the device.

I ordered mine a week ago and have yet to receive any email or text message, the day after I received the phone I brought it and the trade in phone to the store to complete the trade in, process went smoothly.

NoahRJ

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm willing to test what they mean by ANY phone. My brother's old Droid X has 2 black circles in the screen about the size of a dime each. Almost every surface other than the buttons, camera, and screen have been ground down by a dremel, and the labeling off the buttons are ground off too. It looks absolutely terrible haha. I wonder if they'll give me the 100 for it. Still boots up though!

Any luck with that Droid X trade-in? I have the same issue on my old model, and would love to get the gift card if possible.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

That's what I turned in! Worked like a charm. As long as it boots up and isn't in very bad shape, you are good to go! My Droid Razr Maxx wouldn't have gotten me a larger credit, so that made the decision even easier.

verysimple

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site

Welcome to my world..

I am on the phone with clueless verizon reps, being transffered between trad-in department and cs for past 90 minutes and everyone is clueless about this.. So frustrating..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro