Won't this be confusing and weird looking when Lollipop drops? I'm not understanding why Moto wouldn't have put the new L style buttons on if it's capacitive.

Posted via Android Central App
    MHBlink8 likes this.
    10-28-2014 06:45 PM
    Won't this be confusing and weird looking when Lollipop drops? I'm not understanding why Moto wouldn't have put the new L style buttons on if it's capacitive.

Why would it be confusing? Once it updates, buttons will still have the exact same functions they had before the update.
    I'm sure Google would have an issue with the first phone with the new buttons being a non Nexus phone.
    10-28-2014 06:57 PM

What do you mean weird and confusing? The back button will still be the back button, home will still be home.. There isnt going to be on screen buttons along with the capacitive buttons.
    10-28-2014 09:56 PM
    There are no dumb questions. At least that's what my Kindergarten teacher used to say.

This message was emitted from Uranus
    pchain likes this.
    10-28-2014 11:18 PM
    I'm definitely in the camp that wished they were onscreen buttons and could be changed but I don't see a big deal about them being designed the way they are. Some manufacturers had their own button icons anyway and I know a preview of Sense and Lollipop showed the same buttons the M8 currently has as well. I remember the Razr HD had slightly different buttons than what my Galaxy Nexus has as well.

It isn't like suddenly with Lollipop they all do different things. If anything I think the older style buttons make more sense than a Triangle, Circle, and Square (and I love my Playstations).
    10-29-2014 07:59 AM
    It isn't like suddenly with Lollipop they all do different things. If anything I think the older style buttons make more sense than a Triangle, Circle, and Square.
    Yep. There's a a part of me that wishes the on screen Lollipop buttons could be changed, actually...

That said, it won't take more than a few minutes to get used to them.
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-29-2014 08:07 AM