My Moto Razr Maxx HD gave up the ghost yesterday and so I have been without a phone for 24+ hours now.

I went by Verizon yesterday and they were nice enough to warranty replace my Maxx HD with a Droid Maxx which they promptly shipped to the wrong address.

My plan all along was to pick up the Turbo tomorrow but my HD didn't last that long. I went back to my local Verizon store to see about a temp phone and inquire about the Turbo. It turns out they received the Turbos today for tomorrow's release. They only got in two 64 models and the manager put my name on one of them. She did say "you want the black not the white one, right?" When I asked if there was a white 64 option she said yes, they got in one white and one black.

Maybe this belongs in the "Spoke to a Store Rep" thread....
    10-29-2014 12:58 PM
    I don't think so, otherwise we'd know about it. She must have been confused with some other phone. As someone getting the Turbo that's switching from Windows Phone, I can say that color choice has been sparse. The Lumia 928 and Lumia Icon were only available in black and white.
    sullywagon likes this.
    10-29-2014 01:23 PM
    My Moto Razr Maxx HD gave up the ghost yesterday and so I have been without a phone for 24+ hours now.

I went by Verizon yesterday and they were nice enough to warranty replace my Maxx HD with a Droid Maxx which they promptly shipped to the wrong address.

My plan all along was to pick up the Turbo tomorrow but my HD didn't last that long. I went back to my local Verizon store to see about a temp phone and inquire about the Turbo. It turns out they received the Turbos today for tomorrow's release. They only got in two 64 models and the manager put my name on one of them. She did say "you want the black not the white one, right?" When I asked if there was a white 64 option she said yes, they got in one white and one black.

You're gonna end up getting a Note 4

Posted from the Avengers: Age of Droid Ultra
    Symthic, dusoccer10 and sullywagon like this.
    10-29-2014 01:37 PM
    Or maybe a nice white iPhone 5s...for free of course :P

This message was emitted from Uranus
    10-29-2014 01:42 PM
    Whoa, RMHD owner here. Your phone "gave up the ghost". What happened to your phone? What were the symptoms?
    10-29-2014 02:00 PM
    After the last update the phone became very flaky.

Wifi and BlueTooth would turn on and off at random, text messages would look like they aren't sending although SOME were. Apps started stopping on their own including the phone process!

The battery wouldn't last half a day.

The week before it died it would randomly reboot. The day before it died with was rebooting 20 times a day. The day it died it would hang on the boot screen (red eye of Saron).

I did multiple resets/wipes of the phone and it is stuck in a boot loop. When it tries to initialize the apps (after the "upgrade") it reboots. Can't be powered off and says "droid" every 10-20 seconds until the battery drains.
    PowrDroid and ajc312 like this.
    10-29-2014 02:35 PM
    I'm seeing my screen strobe off and on from the home screen to a solid blue screen for a second or two. Also I've had a couple of spontaneous reboots where the phone gets stuck on the red eye, I press the power button and I get the home screen. Battery life is about 2/3's of what it used to be. I can get through the day easily enough but not through 2 days, as before.
    10-29-2014 02:47 PM
    Yes! My screen would flicker solid blue once in a while for the last month or so. Make sure your phone is backed up! I lost several months of pictures
    10-29-2014 03:01 PM
    Yes! My screen would flicker solid blue once in a while for the last month or so. Make sure your phone is backed up! I lost several months of pictures
    My pics are stored on an SD card. Nevertheless, sounds like I have an excuse to get a Droid Turbo.
    sullywagon likes this.
    10-29-2014 03:11 PM
    My RMHD has become erratic since that last update too. Just this morning I woke to find the camera LED flashing like a strobe light...

Turbo, you've arrived just in time.
    sullywagon likes this.
    10-29-2014 05:56 PM

There was no White model.
    10-29-2014 08:25 PM
    Interesting. My RMHD also has the blue flash but that's remedied by checking the "Disable HW overlays" option in developer options. Everything else is okay on it besides running very slowly. I figure that's just from being loaded with apps and stuff. That's the only issue I have with it.
    10-29-2014 10:46 PM