Just fondled the new Turbo

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Swung by a Verizon store & managed to snag a rep with a little "good ole boy" geek in him & had a little session with him. He snuck into the stock room like he was dealing drugs & brought me out the 64 GB version in the ballistic nylon for me to see and the build quality seemed impressive. Very solid, very aggressive grip - has the feel of a quality tool more than a phone. He said they have 5 of the 64 GB's in stock and will be sure he has one for me tomorrow. That red is really sharp though & if I didn't need the storage I'd be all over it. I think Moto & Verizon slapped this one out of the park.

datagrrl

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Totally on the fence. I don't mind using external storage, but I like the idea of the 64. I love the red, though I am rough on phones and usually use an Otterbox or similar case.

Posted via the Android Central App

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I checked one out at the Verizon near my work. They actually had a Droid Turbo display with the red and black MGF versions(no ballistic nylon though) and a couple of cases sitting out. It was the first display you see when you walk in the door, so Verizon must have some big expectations for this phone. I love the red in person even more than the pictures. The red is a little lighter shade than the one on my Ultra, but its beautiful. It was a bit thicker than the Ultra, but not a whole lot bigger, and it felt great in my hand. I prefer it to the feel of the Ultra. I didn't spend much time with it cuz I was on my way back to work from lunch. The screen was gorgeous. I'm looking forward to officially picking it up tomorrow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair