07-20-2015 04:45 PM
252 ... 891011
tools
    Hey, I just purchased my turbo yesterday. I traded in my old razr m. I was out the door minus only $118 in less than an hour. very painless, tommi in franklin wi even transferred all my phone info and apps!
    11-25-2014 04:37 PM
    I just read the turbo is $99 this weekend. Is the trade in offer still good, making it free?

Talking through tapping
    I would like to know this answer as well.
    11-26-2014 07:31 PM
    Switching to the EDGE plan gives u 10GB for the same price its a much better deal which I currently use as of today.

Posted from my 64 GB Droid Turbo black nylon
    11-27-2014 02:25 AM
    The droid turbo is 99.99 on verizon's website now with a 2 year contract. I assume the deal is good through at least tomorrow - black friday? My goal is to avoid setting foot in a store tomorrow...

Questions:
    1. I want to trade in my old galaxy nexus for the $100 gift card, can I do that at a verizon store next week if I purchase the turbo online today? The $100 trade in promo is good till 12/31.
    2. If I order the phone online, the advantage is I will be able to transfer over my photos and apps, etc. I have never transferred data from one smartphone to the other, are there any recommended guides? I really just want my audio books, some photos (most are backed up), and texts+contacts.
    11-27-2014 12:56 PM
    I would like to know this answer as well.
    Yes, the Turbo is $99 all weekend long and you get $100 credit for trading in a working smartphone. So you get a new Turbo and Verizon gives you a dollar. There is a $35 activation fee, however.

Here's a screen grab of a conversation I had with a CSR on the Verizon web site. I was asking question about the Edge program, which I can't get the $100 credit for unless I wait until Dec 1st, my contract date. Then I ask about the 2 year contract plan and stacking the $99 Turbo with the $100 trade in offer.

Click to enlarge:

Questions about purchasing the DROID TURBO from Verizon? Ask here!-verizon-chat.jpg
    11-27-2014 03:06 PM
    To answer some of my own questions - I ordered a droid turbo today for $99 + 30 activation + tax

They will send you an email within 3 days of activation asking about trade in. Apparently you will get sent an envelope so you can just mail in your 'working smartphone' (in my case a galaxy nexus) and when they receive it they will send you a $100 gift code you can use on a bill.
    11-28-2014 12:03 AM
    I called them after I ordered my Droid Turbo online today and was told that the activation/upgrade fee should be credited within 2-3 billing cycles. This is part of the promotion of waived activation/upgrade fees if purchasing before the end of the year.

Also, after receiving the trade-in email after activation, you can either mail in your trade-in (they'll provide a prepaid label) or you can do it in a VZW store (note: not at an authorized reseller though). Supposedly you have until the end of 2014 to do the trade in.
    11-29-2014 12:46 AM
    Do I have to wait until my contract ends to get the $100 discount? It ends Dec 15th.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    11-29-2014 04:05 PM
    Do I have to wait until my contract ends to get the $100 discount? It ends Dec 15th.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    From what I understand, Verizon's $100 discount is good thru tomorrow, 11/30, and it requires a new 2 yr contract. Verizon told me that I could upgrade 1 week early, so for you that would be on 12/8. You could always call them to see if they'd allow you to upgrade a bit earlier. I know that you can upgrade early via Edge, but I'm not a fan. Alternatively, they might extend or bring back that discount during December.
    11-29-2014 05:10 PM
    Not a fan of the Edge program? I am not sure if I am either. Perhaps I will call Verizon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    11-29-2014 06:29 PM
    The verizon rep online says the discount will be available for quite some time. Hmm. He did say that I have to wait until 12/15.

11-29-2014 06:35 PM
    Just a question. Who told you you could upgrade a week early? I was at a corporate kiosk in a mall a couple of weeks ago and one rep said that you can go seven days early. Awhile later I mentioned it to another rep and she wouldn't respond. Today at the same kiosk yet another rep said corporate can't do it but customer service can. He said it would have to be at a retailer like Walmart or Sam's Club.
    11-29-2014 07:19 PM
    Just a question. Who told you you could upgrade a week early? I was at a corporate kiosk in a mall a couple of weeks ago and one rep said that you can go seven days early. Awhile later I mentioned it to another rep and she wouldn't respond. Today at the same kiosk yet another rep said corporate can't do it but customer service can. He said it would have to be at a retailer like Walmart or Sam's Club.
    I was told about the seven-day-early-upgrade over the phone with Verizon. I knew nothing about this before and was just straight up informed without asking any questions. I then upgraded through my VZW account online, where it also said that I was eligible to upgrade at that point.

I don't have any experience dealing with upgrading at a kiosk or in store. I've done it online each time and it's been pretty quick and painless.
    11-29-2014 09:32 PM
    The verizon rep online says the discount will be available for quite some time. Hmm. He did say that I have to wait until 12/15.

Hmm, no idea why you couldn't upgrade earlier. Sorry to hear that you have to wait, although it's good that the discount will likely still be in place. And, hopefully by then Lollipop will be close, if not already out.
    11-29-2014 09:37 PM
    Went to the Verizon store tonight, that was about a 2 hour mistake. Don't really know the best way to format it, so I'll bullet the key issues.
    • The rep went to the backroom 4 times to ask if I could upgrade a tiered line and keep my unlimited line in tact.
    • Was told I wouldn't be able to upgrade the tiered line then switch it to the UDP if the tiered owner didn't like it.
    • They were out of black mgf, so he tried selling me a red one with a case.
    • Was told in order to get the $100 trade-in promo that I had to trade in the phone currently on that line.
    • Was told the black mgf would be $199 and the red was the one on sale.

I can upgrade the tiered line online, but how does that affect the trade-in process? What I'm wanting to do is switch my upgrade from UDP to tiered, upgrade tiered to Turbo and activate it on that line, trade in the G'Nexus from the UDP, switch the Turbo on the UDP and put the tiered line back to the G2.

This may be more for the Verizon forum than this one, but what do I need to do about sim cards for all of this switching around? That was the reps reasoning for saying switching devices wouldn't work, because they take different sized sim cards.
    11-29-2014 10:32 PM
    Hi Joe,
    I've been with VZW since the old days of GTE-Sylvania. I have an old unlimited data plan which works fine on my 3 yr old Droid Bionic. Any way I can upgrade to a Droid Turbo without losing the unlimited data plan?
    11-30-2014 12:13 PM
    The easiest way is to walk in and buy the Turbo paying full retail and nothing changes on your plan.
    11-30-2014 12:43 PM
    New to the forum! I've been dealing with a dying Droid HD and after speaking with customer service, they felt it wasn't worth the effort of a factory reset and let me upgrade 5 weeks early! I wasn't prepared for it, so I didn't know what I wanted plus I was only given a couple options. (My DD and DGD wanted me to go to the dark side with them and get an iPhone, LOL) Tomorrow I will be getting the Droid in BN/64! I am getting excited! BUT . . . my concerns are getting a case for it. Almost all say NOT for the Ballistic Nylon. Thoughts / advice? I do see there is a thickness difference between the phones.
    12-02-2014 02:13 PM
    ^^ Welcome! I think you made a great choice. I just upgraded from the Razr Maxx HD to the BN 64gb Turbo myself and can't wait to get it this week. I ordered the Lifeproof case, we'll see how it goes. I've read that the Otterboxes fit, and the Tech21, and that Diztronic is coming out with a BN version. Not sure about others.
    Panzer_GSD likes this.
    12-02-2014 04:16 PM
    Boy, I'm having a tough time trying to give Verizon about $6,500. Been in the local store several times. I talked to a sales rep that seemed knowledgeable and got his card, telling him he WILL hear from me on Dec. 1st (date my contract ends.) I called him yesterday on his cell (as instructed) and told him I would email him the details of what I want to do--trade in four phones, get four new Droid Turbos on Edge with 10GB data on the More Everything Plan. He said he was working tomorrow (now today) and would contact me with a quote. Sent my email last night.

Haven't heard from him all day. Started getting into the evening so I called him. No answer. Left message. Then tried to call the store itself. What a joke.

"If you want to talk to a sales rep in the store, press 3." [pressed 3]
    Three minutes later: "If you want to continue to hold for a sales rep in the store press 1." [pressed 1]
    Three minutes later: "All of our sales people are busy assisting customers. GOOD BYE." [hangs up on me.]

Called the store again and went through the same hoops just to confirm Verizon has now won the crown for the best customer avoidance system I've ever encountered. They hang up on you! Sent a text to the sales rep. That was an hour ago. The store closes in 25 minutes. I just want to give you $6,500 over the next 24 months. Why do you make it so hard?
    12-02-2014 07:49 PM
    Well I got my phone today. Had issues saving to the cloud so I ended up going to the local Verizon store and had them do it. I also had them put on a screen protector and then went for the Incipio case. Was going to go with basic black but went with the blue. Dealt with the manager and he discounted both! Ended up about $48. There just isn't much out there. Of course he told me of "the customer" who didn't protect his phone and came back 2 weeks later with a broken Turbo. (probably not so, but, it could happen)
    On a side note, I over heard talk about some problem with the iPhone 6's . . .
    12-04-2014 03:04 AM
    Just got my Droid Turbo Black Ballistic Nylon 32gb yesterday. So far it's pretty dang nice. upgraded from Windows phone(Nokia Icon), just didn't have the app support or google services support i needed. Only a few gripes so far like contacts no syncing correctly or missing photos to numbers. maybe someone has an answer for that.
    01-28-2015 01:40 PM
    hi all;

friends, a question
    I was given a DROID TURBO but how can I know if it is "CERTIFIED Like New" or "completely new - unused".

Thank You
    03-17-2015 11:05 PM
    The carrier you activate it on can tell you if it's been activated before. I'd recommend that you stay away from phones that say anything along the lines of certified unused. My mom bought a Galaxy S4 mini that said that, and when we were activating it, the Verizon rep told us that it had been activated before.
    03-20-2015 12:40 PM
    apparently not a telephony is compared to the TURBO is the best in all areas other than the company makes it even stronger.

Thanks guys for sharing
    07-17-2015 10:33 AM
252 ... 891011