Questions about purchasing the DROID TURBO from Verizon? Ask here!

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm reading a lot of misinformation and false information fromm people on here and I don't want them to lead you in the wrong direction.

If you have questions, Ask me and I will answer them. A lot more people know me on and here I've always provided good information, because of where I work.

I do want to clarify that there is certain things like discussing your bill and getting special approvals that i will not answer, Because i can lose my job.

Begin...

Last edited:

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Those who want to purchase the Turbo and have questions, Ask me

Do you think Motorola will release a phone similar to the Turbo but for other carriers? That phone makes me wish I was still on VZW.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

That would be a question for Motorola, I can only provide information that pertains to Verizon. Sorry bud.

I know this, Motorola and Verizon have an agreement of this model as an exclusive.

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site

I'm reading a lot of misinformation and false information fromm people on here and I don't want them to lead you in the wrong direction.

If you have questions, Ask me and I will answer them. A lot more people know me on and here I've always provided good information, because of where I work.

Begin...

Best guess for what deals might be had for this phone on Black Friday?

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

That would be a question for Motorola, I can only provide information that pertains to Verizon. Sorry bud.

I know this, Motorola and Verizon have an agreement of this model as an exclusive.

Thank you for the quick response!

ajc312

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for providing such valuable insight, Joe.

To receive the $100 trade-in credit, must we turn in our currently-activated smartphone, or will ANY functional smartphone suffice? If any phone, can someone direct me to a definition of "smartphone?" I have some borderline devices that may or may not qualify.

Thanks!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Joe - can I make this into an "I've got the DROID TURBO, you've got questions" thread or is the intent more for Verizon's policies?

TechJunkie#AC

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Will a Verizon manager allow me to upgrade a line 2 months early due to an error? The Verizon customer support over the phone said it wasn't a problem and are actually calling me late in the day tomorrow as a follow up. I'd preferably like to have it in hand for the weekend though!

I've also been a Verizon customer for 18 years.

Zeppelin2k

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

I suppose I'll ask the obligatory camera question... so, how's the camera? I know you might not have all the details on the sensor, etc, but have you had any hands-on experience? Most new phones take great pictures in the right lighting, but hows the low-light performance in particular?

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Family (4 lines) is on the More Everything Unlimited Talk and Text Plan. 3 GB data shared. Monthly amount, not incl. taxes is $220.00, or $55 each.

How can we reduce our monthly bill?

If I get a new Droid Turbo, would going to the EDGE program lower our bill?

If I drop out of the family plan, get a separate account, my family stays in as 3 lines will that lower anybody's cost from the current $55 month?

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Joe, can it be an older smart phone or is VZW requiring the trade to be our "current" phone that is active?

This message was emitted from Uranus

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Joe, those tempered glass protectors you mentioned are Verizon branded right? I love the feel of those on the S5 so I hope so. :)

So glad no more cheapo plastic.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

krobin350

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site

Does it support VoLTE Out of the box... Or does it need future update like the X14?
No talk and data is killing me with the X! And I have 2 days left to return ??????

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

Joe,
Will the 64GB beast be available in the stores? When I got my current device, the S3, I could only get the 32GB online and all they ever had in the stores was the 16GB version.

buenos

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

i called my local store and they said they have all models available......

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Joe,
Will the 64GB beast be available in the stores? When I got my current device, the S3, I could only get the 32GB online and all they ever had in the stores was the 16GB version.
My store went in the back and confirmed for me that have 64gb in stock. So at least some do.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Begin...

Is there an official car dock accessory? Desktop dock? (Like last year's griffin docks for the ultra/maxx, that put the phone in a special dock mode...)

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Does having the Turbo "in hand" sway you toward choosing it over the Nexus? Or are you still going to wait to make your decision? Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for providing such valuable insight, Joe.

To receive the $100 trade-in credit, must we turn in our currently-activated smartphone, or will ANY functional smartphone suffice? If any phone, can someone direct me to a definition of "smartphone?" I have some borderline devices that may or may not qualify.

Thanks!

Turn in ANY Functional Smartphone that is in good condition.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11