07-20-2015 05:45 PM
252 1234 ...
tools
    Joe, those tempered glass protectors you mentioned are Verizon branded right? I love the feel of those on the S5 so I hope so.

So glad no more cheapo plastic.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Yes, They are Verizon branded. They are available and ready to be sold at most stores right now.
    PeninaD likes this.
    10-29-2014 08:58 PM
    Joe,
    Will the 64GB beast be available in the stores? When I got my current device, the S3, I could only get the 32GB online and all they ever had in the stores was the 16GB version.
    64 will DEFINITELY be availble in stores. My store alone got a TON of each model ready to be sold. As long as it's a corporate store of course
    10-29-2014 08:59 PM
    Is there an official car dock accessory? Desktop dock? (Like last year's griffin docks for the ultra/maxx, that put the phone in a special dock mode...)
    There is Wireless charging docks, But no Car docks.
    doogald and Deron Baker like this.
    10-29-2014 09:00 PM
    Does having the Turbo "in hand" sway you toward choosing it over the Nexus? Or are you still going to wait to make your decision? Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App
    I was all Nexus 6, But i knew i wanted to see the Turbo first and in the end i will be ordering the Turbo tomorrow. To me it's a no brainer, Because the Turbo has stock android, Better Battery, Build Quality, Readily available, Cheaper and a better camera. I was impressed and i have always been a Nexus guy.
    mightyfacundo, icu and Deron Baker like this.
    10-29-2014 09:02 PM
    Joe

Appreciate all the time and effort you put in for us. Some times people forget the narrow path you walk to inform us and keep your employment.
    PeninaD and Joe the Insider like this.
    10-29-2014 09:03 PM
    I was all Nexus 6, But i knew i wanted to see the Turbo first and in the end i will be ordering the Turbo tomorrow. To me it's a no brainer, Because the Turbo has stock android, Better Battery, Build Quality, Readily available, Cheaper and a better camera. I was impressed and i have always been a Nexus guy.
    Thanks again for your insights Joe!

Joe the Insider likes this.
    10-29-2014 09:10 PM
    Honestly, This is all up to Customer Service, I know for sure Managers don't have the option in store to do this, Because then they would pretty much have to let everyone. I honestly want to be careful with what i say here, Because i don't want to lose my job. Your best option is with Customer Service in my opinion.
    Thanks Joe! I thought it was a bit odd when the customer rep told me a store manager had the permissions. Looks like I better tone down my ansy-ness and just order over the phone in the morning.
    Joe the Insider likes this.
    10-29-2014 09:19 PM
    Thanks Joe! I thought it was a bit odd when the customer rep told me a store manager had the permissions. Looks like I better tone down my ansy-ness and just order over the phone in the morning.
    Yeah, you always will have better luck with customer service when it comes to overriding things.
    PeninaD likes this.
    10-29-2014 09:24 PM
    I did a quick online chat with Verizon and got the answer I wanted (yes), but I'm still weary about going in-store tomorrow.

I bought a Moto X through a retail store to use on Moto Maker. I designed the phone and received it on 10/17. Of course, right after I ordered it, the Droid Turbo was leaked. Now having tried the Moto X (fantastic device), I need more battery to get through the day with my work. So my question is; is Verizon going to give me a hard time about exchanging a phone that I bought through the store, but "redeemed" my PIN through Moto Maker?

Thanks in advance!
    10-29-2014 09:24 PM
    I did a quick online chat with Verizon and got the answer I wanted (yes), but I'm still weary about going in-store tomorrow.

I bought a Moto X through a retail store to use on Moto Maker. I designed the phone and received it on 10/17. Of course, right after I ordered it, the Droid Turbo was leaked. Now having tried the Moto X (fantastic device), I need more battery to get through the day with my work. So my question is; is Verizon going to give me a hard time about exchanging a phone that I bought through the store, but "redeemed" my PIN through Moto Maker?

Thanks in advance!
    You should be able to exchange without a problem unless Motorola has a policy that only allows them to take it back. I don't blame you for being a bit weary.
    hajabooja likes this.
    10-29-2014 09:33 PM

Thanks in advance!
    If I'm not mistaken, Moto Maker phones have to be returned to Motorola. I would start the process before you try to get the Turbo.
    10-29-2014 09:34 PM
    Can I make use of the $100 for any smartphone offer on two Turbo's on the same account? My wife and I both have the S3 and want to upgrade. Also, I haven't seen a time frame for this offer. Any idea how long it will last? Thanks Joe!
    10-29-2014 09:34 PM
    Can I make use of the $100 for any smartphone offer on two Turbo's on the same account? My wife and I both have the S3 and want to upgrade. Also, I haven't seen a time frame for this offer. Any idea how long it will last? Thanks Joe!
    Yes, Each line can get this offer. For every turbo you purchase, you qualify for that trade in deal. Time frame I believe goes until at least December.
    arkuti likes this.
    10-29-2014 09:36 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, Moto Maker phones have to be returned to Motorola. I would start the process before you try to get the Turbo.
    This is what I thought. I purchased a moto x 2014 through moto maker and it states that.

Then again, I bought mine direct from Motorola.
    10-29-2014 09:37 PM
    Sorry, I can't answer this, because it puts my job at risk. This would have to be discussed in store or over the phone
    I understand.
    10-29-2014 09:40 PM
    How is the display compared to the new moto X
    10-29-2014 09:45 PM
    You should be able to exchange without a problem unless Motorola has a policy that only allows them to take it back. I don't blame you for being a bit weary.
    I suppose we'll see tomorrow. I just got off the phone with Moto Activations and they said it'd be best to return it in-store.

Thanks for the replies!
    10-29-2014 09:48 PM
    Yes, They are Verizon branded. They are available and ready to be sold at most stores right now.
    Do the Verizon branded ones come with any kind of warranty; i.e like with InvisibleShield, will it be replaced if it breaks for free? Are they made by another manufacturer and rebranded?
    10-29-2014 09:49 PM
    I understand.
    Put it this way, Edge is an awesome deal if you have a 10 GB plan or higher. It's a no Brainer if the phone is under $30 a month, but Edge isn't really supposed to save you money. It's more of the incentives you get and the no down payment.
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-29-2014 09:50 PM
    Do the Verizon branded ones come with any kind of warranty? Are they made by another manufacturer and rebranded?
    No warranty, If they break from a drop, they did their job.
    PeninaD likes this.
    10-29-2014 09:51 PM
    How is the display compared to the new moto X
    Better in every way. Brighter, crisper and good in bright lights.
    edgefever and adrialk like this.
    10-29-2014 09:52 PM
    What is the retail price of the 64gb turbo

10-29-2014 09:54 PM
    I appreciate all of your knowledge and helpful information. Even though my question was rather simple its still nice to see you answer it. I'm sure others feel the same way.

Now, please inform me on how to find a loop hole in the Verizon systems so the full retail price changes to a freebie Droid Turbo.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    10-29-2014 10:02 PM
    Joe, I'm currently under contract with the original moto x, ordered in Feb 2014, would I be allowed to get the Turbo on Edge?

The release stated if you upgraded prior to July 2014, you could do that to get the turbo.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-29-2014 10:04 PM
    Can you PM me the winning Mega Millions lottery numbers for the upcoming drawing?

PeninaD and Joe the Insider like this.
    10-29-2014 10:05 PM
252 1234 ...