Questions about purchasing the DROID TURBO from Verizon? Ask here!

hajabooja

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Those who want to purchase the Turbo and have questions, Ask me

You should be able to exchange without a problem unless Motorola has a policy that only allows them to take it back. I don't blame you for being a bit weary.

If I'm not mistaken, Moto Maker phones have to be returned to Motorola. I would start the process before you try to get the Turbo.

I suppose we'll see tomorrow. I just got off the phone with Moto Activations and they said it'd be best to return it in-store.

Thanks for the replies!

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Yes, They are Verizon branded. They are available and ready to be sold at most stores right now.

Do the Verizon branded ones come with any kind of warranty; i.e like with InvisibleShield, will it be replaced if it breaks for free? Are they made by another manufacturer and rebranded?

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I understand.
Put it this way, Edge is an awesome deal if you have a 10 GB plan or higher. It's a no Brainer if the phone is under $30 a month, but Edge isn't really supposed to save you money. It's more of the incentives you get and the no down payment.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

What is the retail price of the 64gb turbo

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Yes, They are Verizon branded. They are available and ready to be sold at most stores right now.
I appreciate all of your knowledge and helpful information. Even though my question was rather simple its still nice to see you answer it. I'm sure others feel the same way.

Now, please inform me on how to find a loop hole in the Verizon systems so the full retail price changes to a freebie Droid Turbo. ;)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Randino77

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site

Joe, I'm currently under contract with the original moto x, ordered in Feb 2014, would I be allowed to get the Turbo on Edge?

The release stated if you upgraded prior to July 2014, you could do that to get the turbo.

Posted via the Android Central App

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Can you PM me the winning Mega Millions lottery numbers for the upcoming drawing? :)

Posted via Android Central App

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Joe, I'm currently under contract with the original moto x, ordered in Feb 2014, would I be allowed to get the Turbo on Edge?

The release stated if you upgraded prior to July 2014, you could do that to get the turbo.

Posted via the Android Central App
You qualify for early edge as long as you pass the credit/on time payment process.

Anyone who hasn't upgraded after July 1st can do early edge upon approval.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

So far the pictures i have taken are coming out better than expected. I say that, Because Motorola can never get this part right. Unfortunately i can't show the samples, Because its with a demo unit and i am not allowed to post from them. it's a job security thing...

This i can say, I came from a Moto X 14, G3 & M8 and it's on par with all of them and definitely better than any Moto phone to date.

Wow, if it takes as good of pics as the G3 I'll be thrilled. I don't know why they can't seem to get a decent camera in their phones when everyone else somehow does.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

You qualify for early edge as long as you pass the credit/on time payment process.

Anyone who hasn't upgraded after July 1st can do early edge upon approval.
So here's my situation:

I'm on a solo plan Loyalty Plan for $60 per month. I upgraded to an S5 in April of 2014 on a 2 year contract. If I go in tomorrow I can use Edge and get the $60 a month Edge plan even though I'm under contract? So my bill would then include a $27 per month or so charge for the Droid? I assume I'd have to trade in my S5 or is that not true since I'm new to Edge?

Credits not an issue and I've been a Verizon customer since 2008 and never missed a payment.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

-Myk-

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

Joe,

2 Questions

If I am buying the phone outright can I still get that 100 discount?

If I am buying the phone outright will I still get the free screen replacement?

Thank you very much for the info you have given us.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Joe,

2 Questions

If I am buying the phone outright can I still get that 100 discount?

If I am buying the phone outright will I still get the free screen replacement?

Thank you very much for the info you have given us.

Same questions. And thank you for the time.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I've been reading a lot of info on here that's incorrect and i'm honestly just trying to be helpful with giving facts, So people aren't mislead. It's more for the policies, But i've had enough hands on that i can answer most questions.

Thank you sir!

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Google Now Launcher or AOSP Launcher3 for the default launcher?

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

I did a quick online chat with Verizon and got the answer I wanted (yes), but I'm still weary about going in-store tomorrow.

I bought a Moto X through a retail store to use on Moto Maker. I designed the phone and received it on 10/17. Of course, right after I ordered it, the Droid Turbo was leaked. Now having tried the Moto X (fantastic device), I need more battery to get through the day with my work. So my question is; is Verizon going to give me a hard time about exchanging a phone that I bought through the store, but "redeemed" my PIN through Moto Maker?

Thanks in advance!

I bought a Moto X through Big Red and received a PIN code. The product arrived on 10/23 and within a couple of days, I knew it was not going to work out. On Saturday, I called Motorola to get the return processed. Motorola received the device on Monday.

Overall, its been a headache dealing with Motorola and Verizon. Motorola does not understand the process of getting the PIN Code from Verizon and that entire process. Verizon does not understand why the product has to be shipped back to Motorola. For me, its been 3 days since the product was returned back to Motorola and Verizon does not have the return recorded in their system. Make sure you stay on top of it. My account is all screwed up and I am hoping to be able to be able to go out and buy a new device by this weekend. Each time I talk to Big Red, I have to go straight to a supervisor as they really do not know what I am talking about.

I will never do this Motomaker thingy again. If I buy a phone from an outside supplier, I will get an unlocked version and order it directly.

Sorry just my 2 cents worth on this one.

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Are you able to disable stock apps like VZ Navigator from the Apps menu?

And thanks for giving us some of your time. I am really looking forward to this phone. Might have to try and take a break at work tomorrow and go grab a 64GB before I ever even hold it in my hand.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463