07-20-2015 04:45 PM
252 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Joe, I'm getting the Turbo but i was pretty hacked at how Verizon mucked the Z3 up and trotted out that bastardized version the z3v. Why does Verizon insist on such a thing. My thought is maybe they were in cahoots with Motorola on the Turbo and wanted to help sandbag the Sony so that the Turbo would be the clear cut choice on their network.

Which V.P. at Verizon is the turd behind sitting down with Sony execs and saying, "yeah, that new Z3 is nice but we want you to just put the guts in that bigger Z2 and slap our logos all over it". ? Any idea if Z3 compact will ever make it's way to Verizon?
    10-29-2014 11:14 PM
    Verizon website is showing it as Flexible Glass. Is this even the same quality even though it is 9H? Why flexible?

*screen protector

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    10-29-2014 11:46 PM
    Is there a link to this $100 deal in case the store rep has no clue what I'm talking about?
    10-30-2014 01:52 AM
    Is there a link to this $100 deal in case the store rep has no clue what I'm talking about?
    Chatted with online sales support. They will text/email you with a code after you activate a Droid Turbo with 2yr contract or EDGE. Then you can trade in any working smartphone for a $100 VZW gift card. The same goes for the waived upgrade/activation fee...it will be charged up front and credited on a later bill.

This message was emitted from Uranus
    10-30-2014 03:01 AM
    Joe.... any word on the speakers. loud clear??
    10-30-2014 04:29 AM
    I've also been a Verizon customer for 18 years.
    How is that ?
    In 2000, Bell Atlantic merged with GTE and changed its name to Verizon Communications Inc.

is it 2018 already ?
    bigmatt503 likes this.
    10-30-2014 07:54 AM
    I am interested in buying it out right.
    How would I go about getting the bootloader unlocked ?
    10-30-2014 08:15 AM
    Chatted with online sales support. They will text/email you with a code after you activate a Droid Turbo with 2yr contract or EDGE. Then you can trade in any working smartphone for a $100 VZW gift card. The same goes for the waived upgrade/activation fee...it will be charged up front and credited on a later bill.

Ah, that makes sense, I saw the activation fee is a bill credit in 1 to 2 billing cycles. I guess I will wait for the code after I activate my turbo for the trade in as I have an original droid that is work for trade in
    10-30-2014 08:16 AM
    I am interested in buying it out right.
    How would I go about getting the bootloader unlocked ?

He isn't going to know anything about the bootloader being unlocked. You will have to wait till a developer discovers a way, but it seems increasingly impossible on Verizon devices these days. They just finally unlocked the G3 bootloader.
    10-30-2014 08:17 AM
    I've seen this happen and Honestly, The problem is with Motorola. They Are supposed to supply Verizon with the code and it takes them forever. I've dealt with this issue several times, I have even called Moto for customers and Moto seems to always say "It can take up to 72 Hours". People should go directly through Moto for Motomaker like i did. Much easier
    To a certain extent I agree with you. But both parties seem to be very confused. Does not seem that they run into this all that often. I did find it odd, how Verizon got the tracking info before Motorola did. Often times, Motorola would insist that the product was being assembled when in fact, it had already been shipped.
    10-30-2014 08:28 AM
    Hi,

How quickly do they send out the trade-in promode code? I will be using a limited data line to activate but will use the phone on my unlimited line. I'm planning to get the phone, activate it, then swap it back out to use on my unlimited line. The promo code should still be emailed to me right? Or do I need to keep the phone active on that upgrading line until the code arrive?

Thanks.
    10-30-2014 08:31 AM
    I was all Nexus 6, But i knew i wanted to see the Turbo first and in the end i will be ordering the Turbo tomorrow. To me it's a no brainer, Because the Turbo has stock android, Better Battery, Build Quality, Readily available, Cheaper and a better camera. I was impressed and i have always been a Nexus guy.
    Thanks for all the info Joe. Can I take this to mean there is still no real idea (even a guess) when the N6 will be available through Verizon? I am still stuck between the Turbo and the N6. I think I really want the larger screen, but I need to see it first.

I will swing by a store today or tomorrow to take a look at the Turbos.
    10-30-2014 08:37 AM
    He isn't going to know anything about the bootloader being unlocked. You will have to wait till a developer discovers a way, but it seems increasingly impossible on Verizon devices these days. They just finally unlocked the G3 bootloader.
    Even if I purchase the phone out right ?
    10-30-2014 09:23 AM
    Even if I purchase the phone out right ?

That doesn't mean the bootloader is unlocked. Developer editions have unlocked bootloaders, but there doesn't appear to be one for the Turbo. Outright simply means you don't have to sign a verizon contract and won't get a subsidy for the phone.
    10-30-2014 09:42 AM
    Hey Joe, will they apply the $100 discount on a full price phone?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-30-2014 09:54 AM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 that works just fine but it has a cracked screen, could I still get the $100 rebate?
    10-30-2014 10:26 AM
    I take it if you early edge you can't trade another phone in. At least that is what my rep said. I guess the kid gets her Lumia back.
    10-30-2014 10:41 AM
    Okay - here's a REALLY TOUGH question! :-)

I've got the CarComm (carcomm.eu) MultiBasys docking system permanently wired into my car. They aren't going to make a cradle for the Turbo. What cradles that fit other Motorola phones will fit the Turbo? I can hep it a little bit with my Dremel, but I don't want to do major surgery.
    10-30-2014 10:44 AM

I have a year left on my contract. Will I be able to do this too?
    10-30-2014 11:30 AM
    Should be able to with early EDGE promo. I would call or online chat with them to be sure.

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo
    10-30-2014 12:26 PM
    How's the 4G signal with the Turbo in comparison to the Droid Maxx?
    10-30-2014 12:31 PM
    Seems about the same or slightly better.. Definitely NOT worse..
    10-30-2014 12:34 PM
    Awesome.. The "ok google now" can be set as different things.. Mine is "Ok Droid Turbo" lol The speaker is delicious and crisp.. Although I wish I could turn the volume down a bit when she says "Opening Google"
    10-30-2014 12:40 PM
    If I purchase in store for my wife, does it have to be activated before I leave the store. Or can I buy it as a gift to be activated by us at home this weekend?

Posted via Android Central App
    10-30-2014 12:45 PM
    I tried to say it was for someone else and they insisted that I activate there.. then remove the sim, and put it in the old phone. I just gave in and said fine, activate it here .. I still have my unlimited data and everything is good..
    10-30-2014 12:47 PM
252 ... 23456 ...