07-20-2015 04:45 PM
252 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I tried to say it was for someone else and they insisted that I activate there.. then remove the sim, and put it in the old phone. I just gave in and said fine, activate it here .. I still have my unlimited data and everything is good..
    Have you received the trade-in promo code? which number did they text the code to(unlimited number one or your other line used in the upgrade), do they also email the code?
    10-30-2014 01:08 PM
    So, with the way this trade in deal works, if I have an old HTC Thunderbolt laying around can I just get it back to stock software (It has a 4.0 custom ROM right now) and trade it in for $100 off?
    10-30-2014 01:23 PM
    Joe,
    Will the 64gb eventually be available in either red nylon or the kevlar form?

-Shawn
    Noting the world one S-Pen at a time.
    10-30-2014 01:25 PM
    Joe - do cases fit both models?
    10-30-2014 01:26 PM
    Administrative note: Thread stuck to top of forum.
    10-30-2014 01:29 PM
    Awesome.. The "ok google now" can be set as different things.. Mine is "Ok Droid Turbo" lol The speaker is delicious and crisp.. Although I wish I could turn the volume down a bit when she says "Opening Google"
    How is the speaker?

Posted via Android Central App
    10-30-2014 01:33 PM
    How is the speaker?

Posted via Android Central App
    Not the loudest but sounds good. Front facing is nice.

My question is how do I take a screen shot? Nothing I do works lol.

Edit - finally worked. I didn't hold down Power and Vol Down long enough.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    10-30-2014 01:40 PM
    The $100 credit for any working smartphone and waived activation fee is true as stated before. I had an old POS iPhone 3g from when it was exclusive to At&t. I turned it on so the rep could check that it powered up and got the IMEI ID. We had a good chuckle about the fact it still worked and he proceeded to apply the instant $100 credit and $30 activation fee. All in all one the better in store experiences I've had. They also offered a free LG tablet but you have to activate it and add a line so I declined.
    10-30-2014 01:55 PM
    Not the loudest but sounds good. Front facing is nice.

My question is how do I take a screen shot? Nothing I do works lol.

Edit - finally worked. I didn't hold down Power and Vol Down long enough. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...0900d857b9.jpg

Change the equalizer settings to "off" the speaker gets louder and hold the "Power Button" and "Volume Down" at the same time and wait until you see the picture take.
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    10-30-2014 02:07 PM
    Seems about the same or slightly better.. Definitely NOT worse..
    Bummer. That probably wouldn't help me. The bldg I work in has terrible reception. The minute I go in the lobby or outside the signal is great, at my desk it's hit or miss. Sometime it works, sometimes it doesn't. Is there a way to boost the signal on a smartphone!
    10-30-2014 02:34 PM
    I know it hasn't even been out a day yet, but would this be considered the "best" android phone on Verizon right now? Thinking about going back to verizon due to meh coverage with my current carrier and been having a tough time choosing between the turbo, s5, and htc m8.

Enjoy the new toy!
    10-30-2014 03:21 PM
    I did a quick online chat with Verizon and got the answer I wanted (yes), but I'm still weary about going in-store tomorrow.

I bought a Moto X through a retail store to use on Moto Maker. I designed the phone and received it on 10/17. Of course, right after I ordered it, the Droid Turbo was leaked. Now having tried the Moto X (fantastic device), I need more battery to get through the day with my work. So my question is; is Verizon going to give me a hard time about exchanging a phone that I bought through the store, but "redeemed" my PIN through Moto Maker?

Thanks in advance!
    Just got back from the store. Amazingly enough, everything went smooth. I went to the store with my Moto Maker Moto X and exchanged it no problem for the Ballistic Nylon 32gb Droid Turbo. I was also able to turn in my Galaxy Nexus for a $100 gift card! Can't beat that!
    Joe the Insider likes this.
    10-30-2014 03:23 PM
    Will there be a Developer Edition?
    10-30-2014 04:15 PM
    Since I got an S5 it seems like my best option is to pay retail and sell my phone. Otherwise, I'm essentially agreeing to a 2 year payment plan with a $250 or more fee to do so.

Am I right? If you can't say due to the nature of your job I'll understand.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I agree with you, I'd rather sell the S5 and do FR.
    Ry likes this.
    10-30-2014 04:19 PM
    Joe,
    Will the 64gb eventually be available in either red nylon or the kevlar form?

-Shawn
    No, Only Nylon Ballisitic
    Ry likes this.
    10-30-2014 04:20 PM
    So, with the way this trade in deal works, if I have an old HTC Thunderbolt laying around can I just get it back to stock software (It has a 4.0 custom ROM right now) and trade it in for $100 off?
    Yes.
    Ry likes this.
    10-30-2014 04:21 PM
    Joe, I'm getting the Turbo but i was pretty hacked at how Verizon mucked the Z3 up and trotted out that bastardized version the z3v. Why does Verizon insist on such a thing. My thought is maybe they were in cahoots with Motorola on the Turbo and wanted to help sandbag the Sony so that the Turbo would be the clear cut choice on their network.

Which V.P. at Verizon is the turd behind sitting down with Sony execs and saying, "yeah, that new Z3 is nice but we want you to just put the guts in that bigger Z2 and slap our logos all over it". ? Any idea if Z3 compact will ever make it's way to Verizon?
    Verizon has nothing to do with how the phone is made. They don't care how it looks or feels, All they care about is how it performances on their network. Verizon is a Network company, Not a hardware. If Verizon made Sony change the design, Then Sony needs to find where they left their balls
    Ry and leehardballer12 like this.
    10-30-2014 04:22 PM
    Chatted with online sales support. They will text/email you with a code after you activate a Droid Turbo with 2yr contract or EDGE. Then you can trade in any working smartphone for a $100 VZW gift card. The same goes for the waived upgrade/activation fee...it will be charged up front and credited on a later bill.

This message was emitted from Uranus
    This is the case if you order online. If you buy it in store, Trade in credit will be applied to phone and Upgrade fee will be applied to next bill.
    Ry and hazardouse21 like this.
    10-30-2014 04:23 PM
    No, Only Nylon Ballisitic
    I would recommend grabbing one before all you can get is a 16gb one
    Joe the Insider likes this.
    10-30-2014 04:34 PM
    I would recommend grabbing one before all you can get is a 16gb one
    I would but coming from a note 3 I'm concerned with the smaller screen. I have grown to love my massive screen and am torn on what to get.

-Shawn
    10-30-2014 04:37 PM
    I would but coming from a note 3 I'm concerned with the smaller screen. I have grown to love my massive screen and am torn on what to get.

-Shawn
    If that's your thing then get a Note 4. The "Best display ever tested." My dad has one, its great, although I watched the battery drain from 25% to 5% while on 40% brightness in 45 minutes.
    10-30-2014 04:40 PM
    Since I got an S5 it seems like my best option is to pay retail and sell my phone. Otherwise, I'm essentially agreeing to a 2 year payment plan with a $250 or more fee to do so.

Am I right? If you can't say due to the nature of your job I'll understand.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Oh man.. and here I am with an upgrade available, trying to decide between the S5 and the Turbo. Battery life is the most important factor in my decision, but the camera is a close second. The camera on the S5 is amazing, but I've been really underwhelmed by the Turbo, from the little I've seen. I'm still waiting for the big review sites, but should I not worry about the camera so much? Any phone is going to have a great camera and be lightning fast coming from my little old galaxy nexus...
    10-30-2014 04:46 PM
    Oh man.. and here I am with an upgrade available, trying to decide between the S5 and the Turbo. Battery life is the most important factor in my decision, but the camera is a close second. The camera on the S5 is amazing, but I've been really underwhelmed by the Turbo, from the little I've seen. I'm still waiting for the big review sites, but should I not worry about the camera so much? Any phone is going to have a great camera and be lightning fast coming from my little old galaxy nexus...
    At this point, I wouldn't recommend buying an S5, its almost 6 months old. That's not to say that it isn't a great phone. However, I always buy my phones on release day, so that I get the most out of them. The Turbo's camera is no slouch. I am very happy with its camera, as I feared it being like the Droid Turbo, or Moto X/X2's. It takes great sun shots in addition to great low-light shots. If you had purchased a Galaxy Nexus, like myself, in the past, then I assume you have an affinity to stock android experience, in which the Droid Turbo delivers 95% of that. Battery life? You have a GN, nuff said. Mine used to last 5 hours tops. The Turbo will get you through a day of heavy usage and then some. Turbo charger is a huge plus as well. Pull the trigger.
    Zeppelin2k and datagrrl like this.
    10-30-2014 04:56 PM
    Here were my issues with the S5.

1.) Build quality. The back cover was the most cheap and creaky thing ever.

2.) Touchwiz - Laggy and a resource hog.

3.) Battery life was average at best. Not bad but not great.

As for pictures I just snapped a few. No flash on and no zoom. Sorry for the quick and messy cover up of my plate. I think Tapatalk degrades quality too

Zeppelin2k likes this.
    10-30-2014 04:58 PM
    This is the case if you order online. If you buy it in store, Trade in credit will be applied to phone and Upgrade fee will be applied to next bill.
    Joe, Is there anyway to do the trade in first, apply that to your past due bill, then do the upgrade?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-30-2014 04:58 PM
252 ... 34567 ...