Questions about purchasing the DROID TURBO from Verizon? Ask here!

PolarBear8

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Those who want to purchase the Turbo and have questions, Ask me

I am interested in buying it out right.
How would I go about getting the bootloader unlocked ?

Naylor07

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

Chatted with online sales support. They will text/email you with a code after you activate a Droid Turbo with 2yr contract or EDGE. Then you can trade in any working smartphone for a $100 VZW gift card. The same goes for the waived upgrade/activation fee...it will be charged up front and credited on a later bill.

This message was emitted from Uranus

Ah, that makes sense, I saw the activation fee is a bill credit in 1 to 2 billing cycles. I guess I will wait for the code after I activate my turbo for the trade in as I have an original droid that is work for trade in :)

Naylor07

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

I am interested in buying it out right.
How would I go about getting the bootloader unlocked ?

He isn't going to know anything about the bootloader being unlocked. You will have to wait till a developer discovers a way, but it seems increasingly impossible on Verizon devices these days. They just finally unlocked the G3 bootloader.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

I've seen this happen and Honestly, The problem is with Motorola. They Are supposed to supply Verizon with the code and it takes them forever. I've dealt with this issue several times, I have even called Moto for customers and Moto seems to always say "It can take up to 72 Hours". People should go directly through Moto for Motomaker like i did. Much easier

To a certain extent I agree with you. But both parties seem to be very confused. Does not seem that they run into this all that often. I did find it odd, how Verizon got the tracking info before Motorola did. Often times, Motorola would insist that the product was being assembled when in fact, it had already been shipped.

fonger13

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

How quickly do they send out the trade-in promode code? I will be using a limited data line to activate but will use the phone on my unlimited line. I'm planning to get the phone, activate it, then swap it back out to use on my unlimited line. The promo code should still be emailed to me right? Or do I need to keep the phone active on that upgrading line until the code arrive?

Thanks.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

I was all Nexus 6, But i knew i wanted to see the Turbo first and in the end i will be ordering the Turbo tomorrow. To me it's a no brainer, Because the Turbo has stock android, Better Battery, Build Quality, Readily available, Cheaper and a better camera. I was impressed and i have always been a Nexus guy.

Thanks for all the info Joe. Can I take this to mean there is still no real idea (even a guess) when the N6 will be available through Verizon? I am still stuck between the Turbo and the N6. I think I really want the larger screen, but I need to see it first.

I will swing by a store today or tomorrow to take a look at the Turbos.

PolarBear8

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site

He isn't going to know anything about the bootloader being unlocked. You will have to wait till a developer discovers a way, but it seems increasingly impossible on Verizon devices these days. They just finally unlocked the G3 bootloader.

Even if I purchase the phone out right ?

Naylor07

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

Even if I purchase the phone out right ?

That doesn't mean the bootloader is unlocked. Developer editions have unlocked bootloaders, but there doesn't appear to be one for the Turbo. Outright simply means you don't have to sign a verizon contract and won't get a subsidy for the phone.

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

Hey Joe, will they apply the $100 discount on a full price phone?

Posted via the Android Central App

DarthLudicrous

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 that works just fine but it has a cracked screen, could I still get the $100 rebate?

datagrrl

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site

I take it if you early edge you can't trade another phone in. At least that is what my rep said. I guess the kid gets her Lumia back.

MAK-VA

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site

Okay - here's a REALLY TOUGH question! :)

I've got the CarComm (carcomm.eu) MultiBasys docking system permanently wired into my car. They aren't going to make a cradle for the Turbo. What cradles that fit other Motorola phones will fit the Turbo? I can hep it a little bit with my Dremel, but I don't want to do major surgery.

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

Chatted with online sales support. They will text/email you with a code after you activate a Droid Turbo with 2yr contract or EDGE. Then you can trade in any working smartphone for a $100 VZW gift card. The same goes for the waived upgrade/activation fee...it will be charged up front and credited on a later bill.

This message was emitted from Uranus

I have a year left on my contract. Will I be able to do this too?

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Should be able to with early EDGE promo. I would call or online chat with them to be sure.

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

How's the 4G signal with the Turbo in comparison to the Droid Maxx?

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

Seems about the same or slightly better.. Definitely NOT worse..

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

Awesome.. The "ok google now" can be set as different things.. Mine is "Ok Droid Turbo" lol The speaker is delicious and crisp.. Although I wish I could turn the volume down a bit when she says "Opening Google"

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site

If I purchase in store for my wife, does it have to be activated before I leave the store. Or can I buy it as a gift to be activated by us at home this weekend?

Posted via Android Central App

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

I tried to say it was for someone else and they insisted that I activate there.. then remove the sim, and put it in the old phone. I just gave in and said fine, activate it here .. I still have my unlimited data and everything is good..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol