Questions about purchasing the DROID TURBO from Verizon? Ask here!

Shawn_S

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
- HOWEVER, they had a promo that you could go the edge route without changing your bill at all, if you paid $100. so, since i had a trade-in, i went the edge route and only paid $8.75 (or whatever) in tax. wondering if this was a good move. anyone know?

if people have questions about the phone or my experience getting it, fire away.

That sounds like something I would be interested in. Do you have a business or corporate account? Did your contract get extended any amount of time?

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the Share Everything And More program, 5 devices, 15 gb shared data. I ordered my Droid Turbo online, using the Edge program. I noticed that monthly line access was still listed as $40 for the Turbo, when reviewing the new billing terms. According to the FAQ about Edge program, anyone who uses the Edge and has 10 gb or more of shared data should receive a $25 per month discount on the monthly access fee for that device under Edge program.

My question : is that an $40 per month access fee an oversight, or will it be adjusted on a later bill?

VooDooCC

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I was looking about the share everything, asked a rep the same question. I was told it'd be adjusted on the bill.

Talking through tapping

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
IMHO Verizon wants to remind you of your discounts and credits. IIRC their billing process is to print the original charge and in a different section of your bill print a credit line for each discount or credit. At least it was that way on the last bill I looked at in detail. I am a little careless in checking my bill. I pay on line. If the monthly total is the amount I expect, I don't review the bill.

But if it doesn't show on the first bill don't wait to call about the discount. It is like a root canal getting credit for more the one month prior. Hopefully that is no longer true, but.................. :-!

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Joe I just got the turbo for 350. (64gb) I also was able to keep my unlimited data. The employee signed me up for one of the wireless home phone things. I have to pay 18 extra a month for two years. Was that wise?

Posted via the Android Central App

JeffDTD

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I last upgraded 11/2013.
Despite my account showing my line as eligible for early edge, the checkout process never would set me up for it. Called cs... The rep first agreed, said he would do the order for me.. 20 minutes later, after a good bit of humming around from him, im told that the only way i can do early edge is if I turn in the original galaxy I got with the contract instead of the G2 im using. Unfortunately, that galaxy was broken, no insurance.... Ive since bought and used 2 different smartphones.
I find the language that verizon is using to describe early edge availability, plus the website eligibility im seeing, to be horribly misleading. Has anyone managed to convert from a 2 year contract to early edge with a different device than they originally got?

leehardballer12

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Those who want to purchase the Turbo and have questions, Ask me

The $100 credit for any working smartphone and waived activation fee is true as stated before. I had an old POS iPhone 3g from when it was exclusive to At&t. I turned it on so the rep could check that it powered up and got the IMEI ID. We had a good chuckle about the fact it still worked and he proceeded to apply the instant $100 credit and $30 activation fee. All in all one the better in store experiences I've had. They also offered a free LG tablet but you have to activate it and add a line so I declined.

Seriously??? The tablet I just paid $100 for?? I shoulda waited a couple of weeks! lol

kiity

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

Hi, I have also looked through the forum and still not a clue about it. Does the $100 trade in work for a full retail purchase? Thanks!

leehardballer12

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I last upgraded 11/2013.
Despite my account showing my line as eligible for early edge, the checkout process never would set me up for it. Called cs... The rep first agreed, said he would do the order for me.. 20 minutes later, after a good bit of humming around from him, im told that the only way i can do early edge is if I turn in the original galaxy I got with the contract instead of the G2 im using. Unfortunately, that galaxy was broken, no insurance.... Ive since bought and used 2 different smartphones.
I find the language that verizon is using to describe early edge availability, plus the website eligibility im seeing, to be horribly misleading. Has anyone managed to convert from a 2 year contract to early edge with a different device than they originally got?

I am looking at potentially getting a Droid Turbo through an Early Edge, but I too do not have the device that was originally on that line. I could activate another working device and that line to turn in, if necessary. But, I wonder if I can just eat the trade in value on that device in order do the Early Edge. Maybe the $100 trade in promotion would offset that cost....

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Hi Joe, thanks for taking questions.

Here's the scenario - I bought a phone in Sep 2013 on a 12 month device installment plan (nothing to do with edge or renewing any agreement). Made last payment this past September. So it's paid in full. On Oct 3, bought a Galaxy S5 on Edge from a corporate store. Returned it on Oct 8 to same store. Tried to buy the Droid Turbo in the store today and they tell me that when I returned the Galaxy S5, something happened in the system that made it look like my device installment plan was still active and they would have to call someone at Verizon to have it fixed. They tried, and after 30 minutes, they couldn't find anyone to fix. So, I then called Verizon Wireless to order over the phone and they said that it had nothing to do with a device installment plan but was actually related to the returned Galaxy and that I had to wait 30 days from the time of that return to be able to buy a new device on Edge. So they are saying I can't get any new phone on my line until Nov 8, 30 days from the day I returned the Galaxy S5.

For some perspective, I have 5 lines on my 10GB share plan and 4 are smartphones. One is on Edge, two are on a 2 year contract and the basic phone is month to month. My line is also month to month, as my 2 year contract expired last month and my current device is paid in full. Is this Edge - return- waiting period thing normal? Who can I call to make this go away so I can walk into a store tomorrow and get my 64GB Turbo? Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.
That definitely is a unique situation, I would call CS and have them put a ticket in. When returning edge, you should be able to go back on edge so it sounds like something was screwed up when the S5 was returned.

JeffDTD

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I am looking at potentially getting a Droid Turbo through an Early Edge, but I too do not have the device that was originally on that line. I could activate another working device and that line to turn in, if necessary. But, I wonder if I can just eat the trade in value on that device in order do the Early Edge. Maybe the $100 trade in promotion would offset that cost....

The cs rep I had was absolutely helpless as to any other solutions. He effectively told me to pay the etf and transfer out and start a new line if I wanted the device.

Have you tried to upgrade online? Try and tell me if you can get the device and an edge purchase agreement in your cart

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Just finish a chat with a Verizon CSR and the $100 credit apply when buying at full retail... So I'm heading out to Verizon to get my Droid. The only thing is as far as the chat conversation there is a $100 gift card send to you after they receive your old phone. I will report on how that goes...

Knyte

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site

Does it support VoLTE Out of the box... Or does it need future update like the X14?
No talk and data is killing me with the X! And I have 2 days left to return 😀

In the same boat as you and I found out that the Droid turbo does have the same "feature" as the X14.

Posted via Android Central App

leehardballer12

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
The cs rep I had was absolutely helpless as to any other solutions. He effectively told me to pay the etf and transfer out and start a new line if I wanted the device.

Have you tried to upgrade online? Try and tell me if you can get the device and an edge purchase agreement in your cart

Just tried it online and was informed that the charge for failure to turn in the device would be $299.....I think I'll attempt activating another device on that line since I'm paying for it and not able to use it anyway. I may end up being better off just paying the etf. By the time I do that, I may as well just wait until I can early edge on my own line.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463